Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an LGBT Glyph in the game

(PSN)Dakkaii

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

I do not care that much about LGBT representation in warframe I just wanted a rainbow glyph because it matches my psn profile pic I don’t have an issue with representation I just thought it was cool. 

This is my first time posting of the forums I didn’t think this was controversial or people would be so hostile(not you)

Well... We/They tend to be passionate about the game even if most people have different takes and opinions on several subjects. But not just about LGBT, it's a general thing. So well, there's that.

As for rainbow glyphs fear not! It may not be specifically LGBT but it can still fit into the rainbow theme.

Lynxaria.png I assume the redeem code is LYNXARIA on the promo code page or in the market in-game.

There might also be others as well, but I don't really know. I took this one from @Voltage's promocode thread, which is really useful to get glyphs not featured in-game. Here:

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

How is it forced? God I didn’t think it would be such a controversial topic why are people conflating LGBT with politics? I was just asking for a rainbow glyph sorry, geez

It’s not forced. The main reason as to why it probably won’t be added into the game is because it will just cause controversial topics that people are against it or for it.

Which in my opinion, they shouldn’t add it into the game which is the best thing to do since it will just cause the community to split into toxicity of debates of which side they are on and try to tear the other side down, which DE doesn’t want the community to tear each other apart is what they trying not to do.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’d love to see it be added, it just wouldn’t be practical unfortunately.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well... We/They tend to be passionate about the game even if most people have different takes and opinions on several subjects. But not just about LGBT, it's a general thing. So well, there's that.

As for rainbow glyphs fear not! It may not be specifically LGBT but it can still fit into the rainbow theme.

Lynxaria.png I assume the redeem code is LYNXARIA on the promo code page or in the market in-game.

There might also be others as well, but I don't really know. I took this one from @Voltage's promocode thread, which is really useful to get glyphs not featured in-game. Here:

This is all I wanted that’s pretty cute thanks

• Like 4

As a cis white male I fully support this Glyph idea and am very surprised it isn't already a thing. DE is very open-minded and I don't see them opposing such a thing. I can see certain nations where being yourself is illegal making a stink over such an addition... but I don't see them banning Warframe over it- after all, the game itself is quite anti-authoritarian anyway.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

I just thought it would be cool and I would love one. Anyways love the game can’t wait for Railjack

Weren't you the player who asked for lgbt color palette and another thing I can't even remember?

Look. We have tried diplomacy and you did not get it neither the first nor the second time. You had 2 threads, the first one was closed and the second one deleted entirely. You must have been warned by moderators by now so, at this point, I can only assume you like trolling the forum with your pro lgbt crusade so now I will give you my opinion as a player

Keep your political crap out the game please. I don't care if you're straight, gay, trans, vote republican or democratic. STOP your crusade and go play, we don't want anything you're selling

• Like 2

Just now, Olphalarepth said:

Weren't you the player who asked for lgbt color palette and another thing I can't even remember?

Look. We have tried diplomacy and you did not get it neither the first nor the second time. You had 2 threads, the first one was closed and the second one deleted entirely. You must have been warned by moderators by now so, at this point, I can only assume you like trolling the forum with your pro lgbt crusade so now I will give you my opinion as a player

Keep your political crap out the game please. I don't care if you're straight, gay, trans, vote republican or democratic. STOP your crusade and go play, we don't want anything you're selling

This is my first time ever post on this forum so no that wasn’t me

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

I didn’t think lgbt was political 

The group's the most toxic besides Antifa and Feminists in the united states in the public eye rn. They became political when they started asking for sh!t because of their needs by sexuality.

• Like 3

I don't see the purpose of having sexuality present within a game where it is not relevant.

Warframes are asexual, only with various characteristics, but as they would not reproduce sexually (much to the chagrin of some in the community), they would be asexual. If you want something for the purpose of elevating something that you define yourself as, then that means other groups would also need the same. This is one of the reasons why the Bastille Day color palette (Red / White / Blue) has not seen a return to the game as other groups wanted a palette to match their nationality. Equality is all well and good, but things have to actually BE equal, raising any one group then instead shows a bias.

Personally, I don't see why some people get all upset over what other people do when it doesn't affect them. People should have equal rights, there's really nothing more to say on that.

With all of that said... a standard "Rainbow" glyph can fit fine within the game as it can be part of a bundle simply showing various weather phenomenon, and a rainbow would be part of that.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

Hikuro kindly gave me what I wanted so I’m just gonna leave this thread you guys enjoy yourselves and god forbid I will never post on this god forsaken forum again

A community is going to involve people from all walks of life, so you will run into people that conflict with your viewpoint.

Honestly works out better when not everyone can agree when it comes to a community, helps to avoid echo chambers.

• Like 5

it is a very slippery slope that is best avoided. If you add the LGBT Flag, then people will ask for other similar Flags, Trans, A-Sexual, BI, pansexual. Ect. Then people will demand that their Identity/Ideology be represented too, and will throw a fit when they aren't.

And then you get the people who will call out DE for pandering to Minority groups, and blah blah blah, they will threaten to boycott the game for forcing ideology, blah blah blah. The Community starts to call each other names for supporting the side they don't agree with.

i mean look at BFV and the ****Storm they caused with the whole Ginger Cyborg Lady in their Trailer and how they responded when the community complained. Politics are bad for games, and the LGBT community is very politically charged.

Just now, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

Hikuro kindly gave me what I wanted so I’m just gonna leave this thread you guys enjoy yourselves and god forbid I will never post on this god forsaken forum again

yeah... sorry you got jumped on. Not sure what the problem with your proposition was except: 'I can't get something for me why should you get something for you'. And some BS about your identity being a 'political' issue... I mean, wtf. It just goes to show how much hatred propaganda exists in the western world. But you are not alone and not all warframe players are like this. Have a great day. Love to you and yours.

• Like 3

Ok, time to bring some stupidity into a thread that got way too serious, way too fast:
- Start a youtube/twitch channel dedicated to Warframe.
- Advertise like shameless wh*res
- Become remotely famous with your channel
- Have an LGBT colored logo for your channel
- Apply for Warframe partner status
- Get LGBT glyph in the game once you get approved.

Easy!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

You are at fault tbh. You wanted a simple rainbow glyph but you clearly did not say that in the thread title. You instead called it a LGBT glyph which is a completely different thing to ask for. 

Edited by --PV--Arc
  • Like 5

I'm sorry, but exactly how is any of this controversial? This isn't political, nor is it a statement, and even if it was, representation/visibility/whatever shouldn't be controversial in even the slightest. I don't care, personally, since I like my current butterfly glyph. But I have to say, some of these arguments are really bad faith and biased. Don't just have a knee jerk reaction. If you don't want to use it, then don't. If a rainbow or any other queer symbols offend you, that's probably not intended and really just your own problem that you should work out in private instead of turning it into a "political" debate. There's nothing to debate, seriously, move along.

(And I'm sorry for the bad first experience on the forums, OP)

• Like 3