Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we gonna stuck looking like kids forever?

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I assume you haven't seen the duviri paradox trailer. 

I'm not convinced the trailer is that straightforward. Not yet. Sure he's wearing a Zariman uniform, but he tries to use a power he doesn't actually have, he's suffering from cognitive dissonance, and the entire trailer is about illusions and temporal displacement. That could be a Warframe host, rather than a Z-kid, for all we know

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

I'm not convinced the trailer is that straightforward. Not yet. Sure he's wearing a Zariman uniform, but he tries to use a power he doesn't actually have, he's suffering from cognitive dissonance, and the entire trailer is about illusions and temporal displacement. That could be a Warframe host, rather than a Z-kid, for all we know

During the stream, just before the trailer we saw Rebecca's operator get forced out the Warframe by the Void storm, and (he?) looked older than normal. Unfortunately that part didn't make it into the duviri trailer. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

During the stream, just before the trailer we saw Rebecca's operator get forced out the Warframe by the Void storm, and (he?) looked older than normal. Unfortunately that part didn't make it into the duviri trailer. 

...oh. OK then. I guess that's what I was missing

Just now, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Good. Finally.

Personally I'd prefer the ability to choose to stay young. It's refreshing to have a main character that's different than the usual 40 year old disgruntled war veteran with an axe to grind. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

It's annoying playing as a kid (operator) for years now. Make our operators grow. I want to play an adult.

How often do you even see your Operator to get bothered by the age?
Most of the time you are playing as your Warframe. Why does your Operator concern you?
And do you get bothered by playing the "wrong" gender as a Warframe? óÒ

27 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Yea. It's 40 minutes into the empyrium full demo. He looks like he's gone from the current 13/14 to 19.

I don't know how old are you but its more like age from 13/14 to 30... im 28 and this dude look little bit older...

Just now, --C--Nehra said:

I am okay with staying young and innocent forever. Wish I could do that in real life. Growing up sucks. 

Its time to grow up tenno,best thing you can see in that is you can do whatever you won't... 

41 minutes ago, Miser_ablesaid:

Personally I'd prefer the ability to choose to stay young. It's refreshing to have a main character that's different thanthe usual 40 year old disgruntled war veteran with an axe to grind. 

Why specifically 40 year old? I want a young adult like 20 years or something.

31 minutes ago, WhiteMarkersaid:

How often do you even see your Operator to get bothered by the age?
Most of the time you are playing as your . Why does your Operator concern you?
And do you get bothered by playing the "wrong" gender as a ?óÒ

All the time. I have zenurik so switching to my operator like every 30 secs for energy regen.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

I watched youtube and that location is probably the void or some  place that we cannot use the power, as seen on the video (first hint where he extends his arm). And the man inside is rumored to be adult tenno (second hint, as seen from his clothing) , as also indicated by Lotus saying "time to grow up" (third hint and the strongest hint)

Probably in the future our tenno grows up and use weapon on their own to roam around the new open world where we cannot use warframes.

Edited by GrandRiser
  • Like 1

Just now, GrandRiser said:

I watched youtube and that location is probably the void or some  place that we cannot use the power, as seen on the video (first hint where he extends his arm). And the man inside is rumored to be adult tenno (second hint, as seen from his clothing) , as also indicated by Lotus saying "time to grow up" (third hint and the strongest hint)

But nothing tells us, if we will grow up and stay grown up, or if we only become adults in this new world.
So all there is for now is a big and adult maybe.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

But nothing tells us, if we will grow up and stay grown up, or if we only become adults in this new world.
So all there is for now is a big and adult maybe.

Thats what DE/WF always do: subtle hints. Makes us guessing. Teasing us. It's common for them to do this, just dont exhaust all attention to warframe. too much love would kill you! get new hobby, new game, and your heart will call you back to warframe. been there :)

For people saying the adult in that duviri space isn't our operator or its a warframe host or whatever...think about this for a second: In the ember prime codex it says there were no children on Zariman. Nobody sent children to Zariman. There were only adults. As the ship went through the void some stuff happened(can't say for sure we gotta wait till we get explanations) and some void demons appeared and gruesomely murdered the adults on Zariman that were said to be their ,,parents''...but I think the children were literally each of the adult's own child version created by the void. The orokin probably saw these children as what they are, void demons...while others like motherly figures(Natah who desperately wants children, Margulis, that woman Kaleen or something I can't remember her name etc maybe even Nora but something makes me think Nora knows what we really are, not some children) and fatherly figures(Ordis who ,,loves us'', the Stalker who couldn't kill us when he saw we are fragile children, Umbra who lost his own child, Teshin and so on), these weak minds, susceptible to corruption will very much see the illusion the void is trying to portray on us. We are not children. We are a corrupted version of the adults on Zariman, made by the void to fool people into forgiving our merciless crimes, because how can you not forgive a child. This is all speculation but I feel like some of it at least must be true.

7 minutes ago, GrandRiser said:

Thats what DE/WF always do: subtle hints. Makes us guessing. Teasing us. It's common for them to do this, just dont exhaust all attention to warframe. too much love would kill you! get new hobby, new game, and your heart will call you back to warframe. been there :)

And what is it you want to tell me?
You are the one putting too much thought into the trailer.
Again: maybe we will grow up. Maybe we will only grow tall in the new open world. Or maybe we will not grow up at all.

All we know for now is that we know nothing substantial.

3 minutes ago, net-crow said:

For people saying the adult in that duviri space isn't our operator or its a warframe host or whatever...think about this for a second: In the ember prime codex it says there were no children on Zariman. Nobody sent children to Zariman. There were only adults.

Not quite.
The Ember Prime Codex Entry doesn't say that. Or maybe this is up to debate. Up to your interpretation.
The entry says: " 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on a military ship?' - 'We didn't. That would violate procedure.' "
Maybe they really put children on the Zariman. Maybe they then went to cover up what they did. We don't know that.
Saying that the Ember Prime Codex Entry tells us anything, proves anything, is just wrong.
it's just your interpretation.

Edited by WhiteMarker

13 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Not quite.
The Ember Prime Codex Entry doesn't say that. Or maybe this is up to debate. Up to your interpretation.
The entry says: " 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on a military ship?' - 'We didn't. That would violate procedure.' "
Maybe they really put children on the Zariman. Maybe they then went to cover up what they did. We don't know that.
Saying that the Ember Prime Codex Entry tells us anything, proves anything, is just wrong.
it's just your interpretation.

I already said its just speculation I made. If anything we'll see in time. To me it sounds plausible and I'd stay more on why I personally see it this way but I really hate typing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Like...why would they actually put children on Zariman if it violated procedure. Makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, net-crow said:

why would they actually put children on Zariman if it violated procedure. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah... why would people get tortured in Guantanamo Bay if it's violating human rights and american laws?
The thing is, to the outside world everything follows procedure. Doesn't mean that it's actually going this way.
I'm pretty sure the Orokin didn't want to tell their people where Warframes came from, what they actually were. They wanted to win the war, and cover up all the dirty thigns they "had to do".
That's how things go, everywhere, always.

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

Does it matter? 

Good question. After years of Kingdoom Hearts, playing the same protagonist with far too big shoes, I never had an issue with him being like that.

Its the same as asking for your character in an MMO to grow old. Congrats! Now you have the debuffs: backpain, slower movemnt speed, lethargy, memory loss!