Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My biggest concern for Modular Archwing

OriVerda

Brief disclaimer before we start: I'm not from the future, I don't know what DE will or won't do. That said, here are my concerns/thoughts at the moment regarding Modular Archwing.

Barring the particularly questionable movement system of Archwing in general and the odd person who will start screaming for Modular Warframes (because clearly Modular Archwings are the same as Infested puppets) my biggest concern is the modular system itself actually. If you've ever run Salacia you know how painful it is, now imagine if DE makes it so you have to gild your modular Archwing as you do with your Zaw or Kitgun.

Im more inetersted in how the abilites would work, we know that every archwing can blink now somehow as what tennocon told us so its that like the first ability or like a roll for archrwings

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Let's wait and see how AW looks with Railjack before assuming the worst.

No one is assuming anything. We are basing things on the fact that archwing has been utterly neglected by DE for years and the missions are abysmal and offer no reward other than forced experience grinding for mastery.

As noted by others, the worst thing about modular archwing is that it is still archwing. Then again, modular K-Drive is arguably far, far worse.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

No one is assuming anything. We are basing things on the fact that archwing has been utterly neglected by DE for years and the missions are abysmal and offer no reward other than forced experience grinding for mastery.

As noted by others, the worst thing about modular archwing is that it is still archwing. Then again, modular K-Drive is arguably far, far worse.

Yes, and AW is also being looked at for Railjack. They could easily spice things up to make leveling easier.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Yes, and AW is also being looked at for Railjack. They could easily spice things up to make leveling easier.

"Brief disclaimer before we start: I'm not from the future, I don't know what DE will or won't do. That said, here are my concerns/thoughts at the moment regarding Modular Archwing."

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I disagree there, leveling up kdrives was a much more fun experience (to me) than leveling any archwing. As proof I can only show you my maxed standing with the Ventkids PLUS 132k extra points.

Archwing is so bad that I first refused to lvl any of them, also their weapons. But one day I sucked it up and did it. And it was awful, one of the worst experiences I ever had in this game.

I'm old school so I leveled most archwing stuff back when we had to run Interceptions to rotation C for a chance to get the weapon part to drop. Trust me, your experience was much better than mine.

EDIT: And my point is that those tedious Interception missions were still better than literally grinding a rail for hours upon hours since at least I actually use archwing in some capacity.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

3 hours ago, OriVerda said:

Brief disclaimer before we start: I'm not from the future, I don't know what DE will or won't do. That said, here are my concerns/thoughts at the moment regarding Modular Archwing.

Barring the particularly questionable movement system of Archwing in general and the odd person who will start screaming for Modular Warframes (because clearly Modular Archwings are the same as Infested puppets) my biggest concern is the modular system itself actually. If you've ever run Salacia you know how painful it is, now imagine if DE makes it so you have to gild your modular Archwing as you do with your Zaw or Kitgun.

make a defense archwing tile, and boost affinity range when in archwing and i guaranteed people would hate AW less instantly. running salacia endlessly is a huge part of why people hate archwing so much. i don't think it is inherently bad, it just lacks decent content

Modular Archwings should not be gilded or gildable. At all. Leveling a warframe up twice to reach proper potential would be completely terrible, so don't do it to Archwing.

Tbh, I don't know how to feel about Modular Archwings. They seem, weird. Considering how they are basically frames, it would be difficult to imagine them, at least in my eyes. 

And lastly, I hope they refine Archwing control, and give it more content. QOL changes are needed such as affinity range, and most importantly, more missions with more rewards. Archwing should be capable of void fissures, and be just as efficient as other modes for gathering relics, resources, and prime parts. I guess I'm asking for Archwing content to at least have the stuff that normal ground missions do. It'd open it up more as something playable. Farming in Archwing missions just, doesn't really add up to anything useful right now.

I'd love it if the controls don't change for starters. The modular setup eliminates the Itzal vs Elytron, etc issue and could give us an awesome loadout system. I do think Hydron's speed leveling has corrupted the system and gives a false since of slow leveling and is killing the stealth system so I'm not too big on modifying affinity but I would scale the range to match space travel speed.

Hard to comment on how the gilding and modular system will play out when the Archwing system itself is also getting a rework.

If modular Archwings were to be available tomorrow, I agree with the sentiment that the gilding process (if it was part of the equation) would be damnable. Less because of Archwing itself but more because of a lack of more engaging and enemy-rich missions. I'm better off leveling an Archwing in the open worlds, which is something I'm going to bet probably isn't what the system was originally designed for...

5 hours ago, OriVerda said:

Mine is even simpler. They go through quit a bit of effort to create a large number or possible combinations. And then the majority of us only build them in an excel spreadsheet. We end up only doing the least number. So what's the point, really? 

IMO modular is all fun and exciting. I first flew on my AW days ago. And the he is still opening for me. 

A lot of us feel weird flying on space because of the lack of top and bottom sense. But in space it actually doesn't exist, anyway, the game kinda positions us and everything with the z axis rotated upside.

When I noticed that Mag wasn't pulling with 1 it felt strange, more so with the rest of the skills. So I learned that on my AW, it would be all different than I expected. Like a new frame completely.

Zaws are linear. You press e and murder. Blade, grip and details. 

Kitguns are linear. You left click and murder. Cannon, grip, and clip.

But boy how they will derive 4 skills from 3 parts? 

I mean it's easily doable. The ways they can do it. It's just too much amazing for you just Excel or for most damage.

-- --

I watched a video about how to but them. But my pay store said, do it this way it will be more fun like this, so I'm going to build me zaw and kitgun my way. You know, probably I'll make more than one of each and hopefully they will make it so you can ak-kitgun. When you enjoy playing the game it's not grinding. It's f amazing.

Myself I am a game designer, it's business, you want the moneys when you make games. But I am a player, and Warframe is just great at being awesome.

I can make an Excel too, maximize DPS, shenanigans. 

But in the end it's all about fun to me, or it would be a chore, if the game is a chore I just rather wash my dishes and clean the house. 

You can dump everything I say 'cause my I'm MR 4 but, you know. There is no endgame, there is just the game, and it's fun or is not fun to play.

It's been really fun to me.

I'm just tired of precepts being locked to graphics. To be more clear things like not being able to use the orbiter I want to use because I like how it looks, because it doesn't have the hacking precept. The same applies to sentinels. At least with MOA they allow for precept swapping. I kind of wish they would just eliminate precepts being hard locked to graphics. Another case in point, Amesha wings look amazing, but at the end of the day it's not an Itzal.