Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 minute ago, Yrkul said:

By the gods, it's hot here! I tried going outside, buying a few essentials, and now my face and hands are itching from the sunlight.

I hate summer!

My colleague got in yesterday from having some drinks, came straight into my room and lay on the floor with his head right next to my fan to try and cool down his bald patch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

angry and scared of?

Covid...

Economic insecurity...

Loss of access to health care...

Having to choose between plague and cholera... again...

Racial tension...

Social, cultural, methodological and systemic problems in law enforcement organization...

I can list more, but that would likely turn the conversation volatile.

Denmark is relatively stable in most regards, and even here, the pandemic alone put people on the edge. A lot lost their jobs due to lockdowns, and we had some rather draconian measures put in place, and not all has been lifted yet. Now our infection numbers are rising again, making some of us... squirrely.

It would be nice, if everyone had the same social safety net and access to health care, but unfortunately that is not the case. And when people feel they are in a bad situation, without a chance to get a better existence, feeling hopeless, well... History has plenty of examples where desperate actions have ugly consequences.

So... Everyone stay safe, ok.

To distract from truth that is the gradually-crumbling state of an older society in the wake of new developments, that which renders our original ways obsolete, forcing us to stare unblinking into the dawn of a new unknown era and wonder - of Peace? Of Violence? Of something else? And from there ultimately realise that it is up to us, those who stand on that razors edge, that precipice of history, at the gaping maw of possibility, to decide...

I successfully upgraded my hardware on one of my PC's for the first time today 😄

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

To distract from truth that is the gradually-crumbling state of an older society in the wake of new developments, that which renders our original ways obsolete, forcing us to stare unblinking into the dawn of a new unknown era and wonder - of Peace? Of Violence? Of something else? And from there ultimately realise that it is up to us, those who stand on that razors edge, that precipice of history, at the gaping maw of possibility, to decide..

bbc two drama GIF by BBC

44 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I successfully upgraded my hardware on one of my PC's for the first time today 😄

mr bean GIF

3 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

bbc two drama GIF by BBC

Tf2 Heavy GIF - Tf2 Heavy Yes GIFs

4 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

mr bean GIF

I also figured out how to move games to the new hard drive, which will be good since several need updates.

I'm still going to try be parsimonious to avoid the problem occurring again.