Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

29 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I would do terrible things to have Ripline, or some Helminth-exclusive equivalent, on any Warframe.

They really should just make it a function of the Parazon, would give them an excuse to make more Parazon mods.

Just hold interact/reload for about a second, and BOOM, grappling hook, put a short cooldown on it (2-3 seconds) and voila, a good excuse to rework Valkyr.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

They really should just make it a function of the Parazon, would give them an excuse to make more Parazon mods.

Just hold interact/reload for about a second, and BOOM, grappling hook, put a short cooldown on it (2-3 seconds) and voila, a good excuse to rework Valkyr.

I would do even worse things for that. I've already made a thread with this as half of it - the other half being a request for momentum in bullet jumping/wallrunning as I said in my movement critique.

Ripline is simple, yes, but it's honestly surprising how much it opens up Warframe's movement on its own. Grapple the ground next to an enemy in midair and smack them in the face, extend a bullet jump, stay airborne for minutes at a time whilst being able to get optimal angles on enemies in midair. You can do so much with so little.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Ripline is simple, yes, but it's honestly surprising how much it opens up Warframe's movement on its own. Grapple the ground next to an enemy in midair and smack them in the face, extend a bullet jump, stay airborne for minutes at a time whilst being able to get optimal angles on enemies in midair. You can do so much with so little.

I know, and I wish every day for the same thing.

Ever since the days of the Hookshot in OOT things like Ripline have been something I always enjoy seeing as a mobility option, here's hoping DE will push that envelope they opened with the Jackal fight cutscene and

just do it shia GIF

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I know, and I wish every day for the same thing.

Ever since the days of the Hookshot in OOT things like Ripline have been something I always enjoy seeing as a mobility option, here's hoping DE will push that envelope they opened with the Jackal fight cutscene and

just do it shia GIF

It solves so much about my issues with the environment too. Sure, it's not adding too much to jump onto, but making the walls, ceiling and floor viable targets for interacting with even if you're not right next to them takes open design from being something that restricts how much you can parkour to something that truly expands it.

• Like 1

Would have been nice if the Nihil fight (and puzzles) was in an environment, that didn't trigger severe vertigo. Whatevs, not much of a loss, narratively or loot-wise.

Now to wait for DE to pull their finger out and deploy another intermission, so there's more of an incentive to do the NW challenges.

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

It's too quiet around here.

So, I've been playing Deep Rock Galactic lately. Still trying to drum up the courage to put myself out there for multiplayer though.

Good game, been playing it a bunch with a mate. Find some friends for it, definitely a game that works best with communication.

What class do you like?

32 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Good game, been playing it a bunch with a mate. Find some friends for it, definitely a game that works best with communication.

What class do you like?

Still working on the whole 'finding friends' part of that equation...

As for what class, I'm liking the Engineer. I've always been fond of 'building' classes. 

18 hours ago, Loza03 said:

It's too quiet around here.

My power and internet got knocked out by a hurricane so that's my excuse.

It's all back now though. So who wants to find a beehive of a thread and punt it just to see what happens?

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Still working on the whole 'finding friends' part of that equation...

Ha, well if you ever want someone to play with and it can be arranged, I'll be more than happy to play.

Engineer is good. Was expecting you to say Scout, who's nice for solo play but pretty useless (imo) for multiplayer.

Mask mandate in stores and registered infection numbers x2-2,5 times those in the spring and rising. Things are getting a bit intense here. Granted, a lot more people are getting tested, so... And Covid-19 related hospitalizations aren't proportional to infections, so we're probably seeing a less severe mutation in circulation by now.

Catching up on some podcasts while grinding:

Stay safe.

22 hours ago, Aldain said:

My power and internet got knocked out by a hurricane so that's my excuse.

It's all back now though. So who wants to find a beehive of a thread and punt it just to see what happens?

Eh, the next Warframe revised is coming, I think that'll do the job well enough.

23 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Ha, well if you ever want someone to play with and it can be arranged, I'll be more than happy to play.

I'll keep the offer in mind, thank you.

23 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Engineer is good. Was expecting you to say Scout, who's nice for solo play but pretty useless (imo) for multiplayer.

I've heard he's often used for mining up Nitra for resupplies, going after some of the peskier bugs, reviving, and keeping an eye out for Bulk Detonators. Generally being Boscoe.

Speaking of Bulk Detonators, this is a meme detailing my recent experience with them:

4ks307.jpg

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I've heard he's often used for mining up Nitra for resupplies, going after some of the peskier bugs, reviving, and keeping an eye out for Bulk Detonators. Generally being Boscoe

I do all that as Gunner, just better. Better Zipline (as far as multiplayer goes), autocannon, guaranteed revive with the shield, autocannon, complete deletion of everything with his autocannon and, most importantly, autocannon.

Not sure if I've made it obvious enough, but I like the autocannon.

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Speaking of Bulk Detonators, this is a meme detailing my recent experience with them:

4ks307.jpg

You'll get worse. I had one mission start with about 3 minutes of non stop panic. The sort of panic where you need to take a deep breath at the end of it and can feel your heart slamming.

Grabbers, Cave Leechs, Crassus, swarms of Grunts and Exploders, all right as we walked off the Drop Pod. Every room we ran to in blind panic had something else to cause an "oh S#&$" moment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I do all that as Gunner, just better. Better Zipline (as far as multiplayer goes), autocannon, guaranteed revive with the shield, autocannon, complete deletion of everything with his autocannon and, most importantly, autocannon.

Not sure if I've made it obvious enough, but I like the autocannon.

They say that, when a gun is not enough to prevent a giant space-spider from eating a structurally-superfluous new behind, then the answer is to use more gun.

But, what sort of more gun? Additional gun? or bigger gun? Is it better to avail yourself of four barrels of automatically-aiming death and one of your own? Or to equip two barrels which fire explosive rounds with ever-increasing pace? 

This requires further testing.

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You'll get worse. I had one mission start with about 3 minutes of non stop panic. The sort of panic where you need to take a deep breath at the end of it and can feel your heart slamming.

Grabbers, Cave Leechs, Crassus, swarms of Grunts and Exploders, all right as we walked off the Drop Pod. Every room we ran to in blind panic had something else to cause an "oh S#&$" moment.

Ah.

Good to know I won't be sleeping after I play this game.

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

or bigger gun?

That one. Bigger gun. Then you overclock it for bigger explosions.

Your guns may auto aim, mine simply doesn't require aim :D. Just roughly fire in the general direction of enemies. Only problem is all the big bugs have explosion resistance.

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Good to know I won't be sleeping after I play this game

Have you tried the Haunted Cave modifier?

Edited by DeMonkey

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

That one. Bigger gun. Then you overclock it for bigger explosions.

Your guns may auto aim, mine simply doesn't require aim :D. Just roughly fire in the general direction of enemies. Only problem is all the big bugs have explosion resistance.

Have you tried the Haunted Cave modifier?

Peter Gabriel says I gotta shock you. :p