Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days: Please # of pearls = # of kills

TaylorsContraction

It encourages players to participate and try-hard. It will reduce the grind but not by too much. On average I expect people will get 100 kills / run, I  have gotten as many as 130 one time. But even if we manage to get 200/ run, that's an impressive effort on the player's parts that gets rewarded.

Instead I get a constant 50 for 1 kill every time. Please this can be so much more engaging. I realize this is the weekend and we won't be getting a patch till Monday at the earliest but I hope you will consider this suggestion.

• Like 1

I do agree making more effort does need compensation, maybe 10 pearls in all games + 1 pearl per kill (so that new players aren't screwed), it also means more overall grind for afk players, right now the only way is to report them, but i do note that several gamemodes like fissures were designed to reduce afk behavior, this event didn't had that in mind, meaning my support tickets are going to flood support by the time the tactical alert ends, the list is growing nonstop

8 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

On average I expect people will get 100 kills / run

On the first mission maybe? On the fourth mission I can barely get in the double digits.

9 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Instead I get a constant 50 for 1 kill every time.

You're putting in too much effort. Just start the mission and press ESC, the timer still runs out and you still win if it's a tie.

no please don't, we had this approach with the old 'conclave' based events and basically the only people this benefited was the players who ran around collecting the gems instead of killing and the die hard conclave players. 

Also number of kills is not a fair representation, I've had number of my kills 'stolen' because someone came in at the last second and got the last hit.

What we need is a better return from actually doing the mission or even shorter missions, not something that will benefit a select few who 'enjoy' conclave missions (dog days is essentially PvE concalve). 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

... 10 pearls in all games + 1 pearl per kill (so that new players aren't screwed)...

How would new players get screwed? There are no gear requirements for this mission?

44 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

On the first mission maybe? On the fourth mission I can barely get in the double digits.

You're putting in too much effort. Just start the mission and press ESC, the timer still runs out and you still win if it's a tie.

I guess I wasn't clearn. The sum total of kills in the mission is how many pearls players earn (shared). Not whatever you kill is that. I have yet to be in a match where we get less than 80 kills (when I'm actually doing the mission) so getting 80 pearls is easy even on the 4th one. And the more people do this mission the better they'll get at it. There is literally no gear, everyone has 100 hp, and the same gun.

41 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

no please don't, we had this approach with the old 'conclave' based events and basically the only people this benefited was the players who ran around collecting the gems instead of killing and the die hard conclave players. 

Also number of kills is not a fair representation, I've had number of my kills 'stolen' because someone came in at the last second and got the last hit.

What we need is a better return from actually doing the mission or even shorter missions, not something that will benefit a select few who 'enjoy' conclave missions (dog days is essentially PvE concalve). 

I'm sorry but I don't understand your concern at all. How is having everyone participate and earn rewards based on everyone's participation worse than what we have now?

But you too misunderstood my original suggestion. It is not based on # of kills you alone carry out, but the whole team. Frankly I don't know why you all jumped to the conclusion it would be based on "personal kills only" in a PvE mission...

1 minute ago, TaylorsContraction said:

How would new players get screwed? There are no gear requirements for this mission?

newer players might feel overwelmed by other players and get less kills, i'm talking about kill steals, because right now damage doesn't matter, only the kill does, so new players despite the damage, if they don't get a kill, they don't get points, so a nice starting ammount would be better so that they aren't completely lost.

7 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand your concern at all. How is having everyone participate and earn rewards based on everyone's participation worse than what we have now?

But you too misunderstood my original suggestion. It is not based on # of kills you alone carry out, but the whole team. Frankly I don't know why you all jumped to the conclusion it would be based on "personal kills only" in a PvE mission...

You clearly didn't read my post properly... did you not see how people can register the kill by being the last hit to the enemy even if another player has done 90% of the damage....

Based on your posts I'd expect you were around when DE implemented a 'points for kills' in a previous event and it literally dropped a 'gem' after the enemy died, this only only benefited the conclave players and those just grabbing the gems.  

As I said this is not a good idea, this only benefits a small number of players at the expense of other players.

16 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You clearly didn't read my post properly... did you not see how people can register the kill by being the last hit to the enemy even if another player has done 90% of the damage....

Based on your posts I'd expect you were around when DE implemented a 'points for kills' in a previous event and it literally dropped a 'gem' after the enemy died, this only only benefited the conclave players and those just grabbing the gems.  

As I said this is not a good idea, this only benefits a small number of players at the expense of other players.

You're talking about PvP events and the gem you refer to is oro. But this does not have oro nor am I talking about INDIVIDUAL player kills but SUM TOTAL. This isn't a pvp event, you're confusing the two and also misunderstanding my suggestion. You're arguing about some past pvp event and somehow translating my suggestion into something that it isn't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

You're talking about PvP events and the gem you refer to is oro. But this does not have oro nor am I talking about INDIVIDUAL player kills but SUM TOTAL. This isn't a pvp event, you're confusing the two and also misunderstanding my suggestion. You're arguing about some past pvp event and somehow translating my suggestion into something that it isn't.

No your first post comes across as being awarded based on a players own kills...

Trying to change it now to make out it was sum total is even more pointless because it will not make people participate more because they'll get the extra points for doing nothing still....I do my 1 kill, I go afk, another player carries on playing and kills 30 enemies, I gain 50 pearls plus an extra 31+ pearls for killing 1 enemy then going afk... yes it would speed up the monotony but it wouldn't stop afk.

Making the event 2 minute rounds or just increasing the pearls we get per round would be much better imo.

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

No your first post comes across as being awarded based on a players own kills...

Trying to change it now to make out it was sum total is even more pointless because it will not make people participate more because they'll get the extra points for doing nothing still....I do my 1 kill, I go afk, another player carries on playing and kills 30 enemies, I gain 50 pearls plus an extra 31+ pearls for killing 1 enemy then going afk... yes it would speed up the monotony but it wouldn't stop afk.

Making the event 2 minute rounds or just increasing the pearls we get per round would be much better imo.

Okay bud, you're free to disagree with my suggestion. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I also did not change anything in terms of my original suggestion, look at the numbers I had used in my examples (an unedited post). 200 kills!~? There is no way a single player can get that many, and in my runs on average it is 100 (sum total for team). I guess you just prefer to go into the mission and hit esc. I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion that by getting sum total of kills, players would just afk. Perhaps I am naive, or you just have a very low opinion of fellow players.  I think everyone would work as hard as they can to maximize kill counts to reduce the grind. Again, getting 200 kills on the 4th mission in one run is not easy, but can reduce the grind 4-fold. That would only work if players put in some effort and work together

I've been playing this game over 4 years, and have for the most part found that players do work together to earn mission rewards. I realize that is not indicative of any trend, but that's just my personal experience.

Here is an alternate suggestion though for all the afk-farmers out there.

Players get 50 pearls by default same as now now, so all the afk farmers can continue afk'ing, and players gain additional pearls equal to the sum total of kills done by players.

Getting annoyed by afkers in the event.  I don't think people should be punished for not being good i.e. points based on kills but should not benefit from non participation.  Would also like to not be group with people on the ignore list.  Keep trying to do the event and keep getting stuck with afkers.

Edited by Fairwing

On 2019-08-03 at 3:52 PM, LSG501 said:

You clearly didn't read my post properly...

Says the one not reading other posts properly...

On 2019-08-03 at 4:27 PM, LSG501 said:

No it doesn't, no single player is getting 200+ kills in this event.

On 2019-08-03 at 4:27 PM, LSG501 said:

I do my 1 kill, I go afk, another player carries on playing and kills 30 enemies, I gain 50 pearls plus an extra 31+ pearls for killing 1 enemy then going afk...

In your example the afker would get 31 pearls instead of the 60 pearls he would have gotten if he also killed 30 enemies, this would mostly work in detering afkers because:

On 2019-08-04 at 2:40 AM, NyreenKandros said:

The reason of why some people AFK to farm is: that is the most efficient way.

The only problem I can see is that new and unskilled players could get some hate from their teammates for "holding the team back".

40 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

Says the one not reading other posts properly...

No it doesn't, no single player is getting 200+ kills in this event.

In your example the afker would get 31 pearls instead of the 60 pearls he would have gotten if he also killed 30 enemies, this would mostly work in detering afkers because:

The only problem I can see is that new and unskilled players could get some hate from their teammates for "holding the team back".

I stand by my original view of the first post.  It does not come across as a 'team bonus'.  If you want to come in and try and be a smart ass by all means but it won't change my opinion of the first post. 

Players would still afk.... instead of a fixed 50 points for 5 mins they can go off and do something else for 5 mins like they have been and come away with 50 points plus whatever else the others add while still doing nothing....

How about after x amount of kills (let’s just say 50), for each 10 after 50 points could be awarded? NOT based on one player kills but the team as a whole. That way the more you get, the higher your score is.

50 or below would be the 50 pearls for the 4th mission. For every 10 you’d get 50 more, so if you and the team total 60, you’d get 100 pearls.

I think that’d kill the terrible grind and add more of a team spirit thing going on. 

I just solo afk'd it because it got boring after the first hour and they only give pearls as participation rewards. If there were performance rewards, I wouldn't have gone afk. This is part of DE's current content problems. Most rewards nowadays, especially from recent Tactical Alerts have been participation based, not performance based. The last time a TacAl was performance based was for Defection long runs. For that TacAl, its issues were mainly from the mode itself, not the rewards. Now, we have monotanous missions that have to be grinded to get everything and they are participation based, which makes it more likely to have afk playstyles.

I understand DE giving grind on optional cosmetic type items.  Ok

What blows my mind is why DE doesn't give us a buy it with platinum option.  

I did the event to 4th level and stopped.  I got enough for the color picker and just gave up on other items.  The mission is not fun enough to repeat.  

I would buy with platinum the scene and sigil.  I will not play every night for hours at a time to get something I'll likely never even use.