Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has no Longevity

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Some of us are actually conversing unlike someone like you who just wants to backseat moderate posts you don't personally like. 

Conversing? This is not even conversing, just the usual "I quit" thread with so many nonsense

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

... hold on, let me fish something here a bit back...

Like I said a bit back of my own quote, let me adjust that to my own case.

... Its not my problem. And, with this, I'm out. This topic has no reason to exist, like all the others before it.

all you do replying to topics you don't like is keep them alive. You see how this works no? 

• Like 1

Just now, Fire2box said:

I don't care why you do a low level mission over and over, nor do I know if you actually do you could simply be saying it. It has little if not nothing to do with the topic let alone conversation at hand IMHO. 

How about you take a shot at it. why do you play a lowly mission and nothing remotely challenging?

Because I like the gameplay, challenging? Doing arbitration with nezha and battacor, no meta whatsoever

49 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

OP you should probably look up the meaning of the word longevity. Because thousands of hours and 5 years with the same game does indeed mean the game has longevity and not a small amount of it at that.

I mean you've played the game for nearly as long as it has been available, if that isnt successful longevity then nothing is.

I know right. It's such backwards logic; I cant even take the OP seriously. 

Just now, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Lol, I said to me the next time I see this glyph and it isn't you I'd heavily insult the person using it.

Glad I was wrong. 🙂

I still don't know how to feel about being recognized by a glyph. 😕 Guess it's something.

They could give Warframe more "longevity", but that would include putting up ridiculous grind walls and item sinks. How do you think other MMOs last as long as they do? They reset player progress once or twice a year but pretend it's "new" content. Imagine if Warframe every quarter, enemy level was raised and all your weapons became useless and you had to farm for the next version of your gear in order to stay relevant.

Honestly, I would have to give DE props that they've made Warframe last as long as it already has despite kinda breaking every rule of live service and F2P "MMO". Any other game with a long life span falls into niche category which you could argue Warframe does. Some people are still playing Mario Kart 64. Does that mean the game has longevity? Not necessarily, just that some people are more passionate about it than others.

yeah pretty much sums up my position as well. new weapons are frames are not real content. they're just tools to do content with. call it content for the crafting metagame. but every time i login I wonder what I can do with my new toys. and there's just nothing to do. WF is only about unlocking things you don't really need. endless horizontal progression for no purpose. there's nothing for non-casuals to work toward. there isn't even a game mode to get good at. Maybe the new Disruption will scratch that itch, but I doubt it. I'm cautiously optimistic for Empyrean. Maybe that will offer an interesting game loop. I guess the lesson here is to not support f2p companies, if you don't like the direction the game is headed. I would never buy a Prime Access pack, that's on you heh.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 4

I also kinda try to wrap my head around how he claims that the game has been "steadily dying" since specters of the rail.

How does that make any sense when the game has grown every year? I really hope he isnt a doctor since that may lead to many living and kicking people being declared dead and burried.

What is actually amusing and the main reason I look at posts like these is the longevity of threads like these and how triggered people get over someone saying this game sucks while they gtfo. It's quite funny really. I think it's largely people were groomed in the early release of the game to expect regular updates of weapons, frames gear and missions. Nowadays as the projects get bigger and the subsequent hype/expectations get bigger people are complaining more about content droughts and lake of good rewards because people have everything so they want new things now it creates this whole screw this I'm out mentality. 

5 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

They could give Warframe more "longevity", but that would include putting up ridiculous grind walls and item sinks. How do you think other MMOs last as long as they do? They reset player progress once or twice a year but pretend it's "new" content. Imagine if Warframe every quarter, enemy level was raised and all your weapons became useless and you had to farm for the next version of your gear in order to stay relevant.

Honestly, I would have to give DE props that they've made Warframe last as long as it already has despite kinda breaking every rule of live service and F2P "MMO". Any other game with a long life span falls into niche category which you could argue Warframe does. Some people are still playing Mario Kart 64. Does that mean the game has longevity? Not necessarily, just that some people are more passionate about it than others.

Also this. Ultimately though I refer back to the post where I said if your bored do other things. Believe it or not there are other games besides warframe to play because if your only going to play for the rewards your going to have a bad time.

5 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

yeah pretty much sums up my position as well. new weapons are frames are not real content. they're just tools to do content with. call it content for the crafting metagame. but every time i login I wonder what I can do with my new toys. and there's just nothing to do. WF is only about unlocking things you don't really need. endless horizontal progression for no purpose. there's nothing for non-casuals to work toward. there isn't even a game mode to get good at. Maybe the new Disruption will scratch that itch, but I doubt it. I'm cautiously optimistic for Empyrean. Maybe that will offer an interesting game loop. I guess the lesson here is to not support f2p companies, if you don't like the direction the game is headed. I would never buy a Prime Access pack, that's on you heh.

Show me your 6x tridolon solo recording, that's how you show DE you need endgame. Otherwise you're just a big mouthed casul

15 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Maybe you should set the example? Show everyone how it's done.

... I like this topic though. It's something Steve has addressed on devstream multiple times (content drought) and something that should be kept talking about. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Plays game for 5 years

Claims game has no longevity

to his point, the game has drastically changed over the last two years. changed directions so to speak. it's nothing like its former self, so players who liked it back then aren't as enthused by the pointless horizontal progression, power creep, floofs, and fashionframe. like, this isn't what WF used to be. that's basically the point.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

to his point, the game has drastically changed over the last two years. changed directions so to speak. it's nothing like its former self, so players who liked it back then aren't as enthused by the pointless horizontal progression, power creep, floofs, and fashionframe. like, this isn't what WF used to be. that's basically the point.

horizontal progression, then power creep which is the vertical progression, which one is it? You as non-casual has this vertical progression to work toward

8 minutes ago, 844448 said:

horizontal progression, then power creep which is the vertical progression, which one is it? You as non-casual has this vertical progression to work toward

I would say it's mostly pointless horizontal progression with pinches of vertical power creep over the last year or two. They're both bad in this situation, because there's no content to do with any of the new toys. 

Just now, Ikyr0 said:

I would say it's mostly pointless horizontal progression with pinches of vertical power creep over the last year or two. They're both bad in this situation, because there's no content to do with any of the new toys. 

No content? Try doing 6x eidolon solo with your new toys, as an endgame player that's not something hard for you right? Or it's just some empty claim from you?

I'll put some checklist of endgame players

1. Minimum of 6x tridolon in one night solo

2. 10 millions score of ESO solo

these two things wouldn't be so hard for you right? Even without using any nuke or meta equipments, you're the endgame player after all. Show me how it's done

We feel you brother. But this has been an ongoing issue for how many years now ? Been a while I'd say and there has been countless forum threads on the matter, created by vets like us.

I think DE has a working model and they don't want to meddle with it. Simple as that.

True, their working model is the epitome of mediocrity but it is working and bringing them money. Their target profile is beginner to intermediate level players, which are the majority of the game. I'd say around 50-70%. So as long as their model pleases them and some others, that model is here to stay.

I've given up hope on end game a while ago, I only wish we had more frequent content drops. Case in point, we are in the middle of another(among many) content draughts, and likely we won't be getting anything till mid-late fall(being optimistic). 

While I personally disagree with the points made by the person leaving the game, I do not begrudge them posting this. Such threads are important for DE to understand why people leave (whether they're good reasons or not). Some companies go to great lengths, and expense, to collect "exit polls" from people who no longer use their products, services, etc, so they can choose (or not) to address those concerns that caused that person to leave.

So, to all those saying to disappear and go quietly, I'll say, that's not very productive or beneficial for DE. I'd rather know why, and to know if anything could have been done to prevent it, if that is a desirable outcome.

26 minutes ago, 844448 said:

No content? Try doing 6x eidolon solo with your new toys, as an endgame player that's not something hard for you right? Or it's just some empty claim from you?

I'll put some checklist of endgame players

1. Minimum of 6x tridolon in one night solo

2. 10 millions score of ESO solo

these two things wouldn't be so hard for you right? Even without using any nuke or meta equipments, you're the endgame player after all. Show me how it's done

Those activities are entirely pointless, beyond some e-peen reason you just made up. And that's all existing content that I've finished. I've unlocked everything that I want/need, my focus is maxed out. what's the point of doing any Eidolons to begin with, if I have all the arcanes that I want?

Edited by Ikyr0

15 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

While I personally disagree with the points made by the person leaving the game, I do not begrudge them posting this. Such threads are important for DE to understand why people leave (whether they're good reasons or not). Some companies go to great lengths, and expense, to collect "exit polls" from people who no longer use their products, services, etc, so they can choose (or not) to address those concerns that caused that person to leave.

So, to all those saying to disappear and go quietly, I'll say, that's not very productive or beneficial for DE. I'd rather know why, and to know if anything could have been done to prevent it, if that is a desirable outcome.

well said man.

4 hours ago, (XB1)KILLA BIG MAC said:

After playing Warframe since 2014, I am done. I have never written a forum post before and this will be my only one. For the thousands of hours I've played warframe, I am finally giving up on DE to do the right thing. There is no sustainable content, and the vet community is completely forgotten. They are more focused on new player turnaround than keeping long term vets like my self. I have spent hundreds on the game, bought every single prime accessories since nova prime to show support. There are many players like myself who have done nothing buy try to support de. The issue is that players like myself and other vets aren't easily entertained with new cosmetics or ui changes. The things we are looking for actually requires work from de. the last bit of actual content that was released into the game was the Jovian Concord, If you can actually call that an update. It was just a re-skin of Jupiter. before that was Fortuna. New frames aren't content de. New weapons that are basically the same as any other in the class aren't either.

I know that de will try to push out some half assed content before they go on "break" at the end of the year. What kind of break do you even need? What have you accomplished with your 300 plus employees this year to that cant be described as more of a hotfix. The game has been steadily dying since the Specters of the rail update. i have nothing else to do in the game with raids and void towers removed. (farmed all frames, 100's of forma invested, 90 great-groll rivens, thousands of plat). I dont even want to help new players anymore. they either demand free mods or think the game should take 10 hours to "complete". De you took the game from a tactical ninja shooter where your build set up and diversity mattered, to an ability spam fiesta horde shooter with no direction. It is way too easy to farm primes. that market is screwed thanks to your relic idea. you release vaulted frames too often, again ruining the market for primes, and since you dont change rivens as often as they should, that market is over-inflated. The fact that you dont want to change riven dispositions due to people's plat investment is beyond me (looking at the kohm). Ive spent thousands on rivens just to have them nerfed but farmed different  ones to resell (no sweat off my sack). Hell, back in the day i spent 1300 plat to buy Frost prime due to him being vaulted without guarantee of his return . Didnt care about the price. i farmed my prime junk, sold my corrupted mods. and bought a little plat that i came up short for it.

in short, you've completely removed more sustainable content than introduced (dark sectors, void towers, and raids). There is no difficulty to the game with logical game sense. The game was great pre-specters of the rail and now its just a shell of its former self. The drip feed of content and promises is over. Have fun watching your dream die as your community support comes from people more focused on captura, fashion, and cringy cosplay at tennocon.

#1 Cya
#2 I've been playing for 3000hrs + and still find it enjoyable.
#3 Instead of WAAAAA, how about some suggestions? Like the one Im trying to push. NPC start level selection(excluding public)
#4 If I see you post again or play again after what you've said here, I will respond with "Just like a mad girlfriend to leave and then storm back in to say, "... AND ON MORE THING!" 😀

The game is officially Beta until they get it to MR 30 and slightly beyond. On a graph of player populations of several games over the span of 5 years, Warframe was the most consistent. There were ups and downs but it always had a predictable average. And was in the top 10 for most of it. That smacks right at you claim of not being sustainable. So if you're bored, stop trying to create a drama that gives you an excuse and go do something else for a while. That way when you come back, you can ask, "miss me?" There is no need to create a situation where you can storm off. DE isnt your girlfriend and isnt going to get mad if you're seeing other games. Take a break and when you come back, see what's new and if it excites you. I took a 2 year break. I'm having more fun now than ever.

Edited by ThumpumGood
  • Like 1