Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has no Longevity

After playing Warframe since 2014, I am done. I have never written a forum post before and this will be my only one. For the thousands of hours I've played warframe, I am finally giving up on DE to do the right thing. There is no sustainable content, and the vet community is completely forgotten. They are more focused on new player turnaround than keeping long term vets like my self. I have spent hundreds on the game, bought every single prime accessories since nova prime to show support. There are many players like myself who have done nothing buy try to support de. The issue is that players like myself and other vets aren't easily entertained with new cosmetics or ui changes. The things we are looking for actually requires work from de. the last bit of actual content that was released into the game was the Jovian Concord, If you can actually call that an update. It was just a re-skin of Jupiter. before that was Fortuna. New frames aren't content de. New weapons that are basically the same as any other in the class aren't either.

I know that de will try to push out some half assed content before they go on "break" at the end of the year. What kind of break do you even need? What have you accomplished with your 300 plus employees this year to that cant be described as more of a hotfix. The game has been steadily dying since the Specters of the rail update. i have nothing else to do in the game with raids and void towers removed. (farmed all frames, 100's of forma invested, 90 great-groll rivens, thousands of plat). I dont even want to help new players anymore. they either demand free mods or think the game should take 10 hours to "complete". De you took the game from a tactical ninja shooter where your build set up and diversity mattered, to an ability spam fiesta horde shooter with no direction. It is way too easy to farm primes. that market is screwed thanks to your relic idea. you release vaulted frames too often, again ruining the market for primes, and since you dont change rivens as often as they should, that market is over-inflated. The fact that you dont want to change riven dispositions due to people's plat investment is beyond me (looking at the kohm). Ive spent thousands on rivens just to have them nerfed but farmed different  ones to resell (no sweat off my sack). Hell, back in the day i spent 1300 plat to buy Frost prime due to him being vaulted without guarantee of his return . Didnt care about the price. i farmed my prime junk, sold my corrupted mods. and bought a little plat that i came up short for it.

in short, you've completely removed more sustainable content than introduced (dark sectors, void towers, and raids). There is no difficulty to the game with logical game sense. The game was great pre-specters of the rail and now its just a shell of its former self. The drip feed of content and promises is over. Have fun watching your dream die as your community support comes from people more focused on captura, fashion, and cringy cosplay at tennocon.

• Like 6

Ah, it's been a while. A nice little self-reminder that I have a written pledge to myself that when and if it comes time for me to leave, I will simply quietly disappear. No drama, no "I quit" thread. Just a silent "poof," and gone.

Anyway, goodbye and have fun with wherever your gaming life takes you next.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 5

Ok... what is content then?

If new frames (new gameplay styles), new weapons, new missions, new syndicates, new bosses, new quests, new operations, new environments, new cosmetics, aren’t content, then what is? 

I’m curious.

I’d say being able to keep a player for 5 years is impressive. Shoot games with content that is designed to be done over and over (Overwatch for example) cannot even hold people more than two/three years.

• Like 8

And on your left on the fourms there's a "I'm quitting the game please give me attention thread" proceed to not care about it unless op tends to give away their stock of plat and items since it would just be sitting there not being sold on trade chat. And those rivens would be awfully lonely without a home, be charitable op you're not going play anymore.  

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku
Op is leaving those poor rivens homeless
  • Like 3

Well thats sad to hear.

I'm a tenno since 2013 and to be honest i saw lack in some area of the game but most of them were either fixed or are currently looked at.

Maybe you are just bored for the moment ? Have you tryed going play other games and come back later ?

Hey tenno take care of yourself outthere and come back whenever you want ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

5 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

Ok... what is content then?

If new frames (new gameplay styles), new weapons, new missions, new syndicates, new bosses, new quests, new operations, new environments, new cosmetics, aren’t content, then what is? 

I’m curious.

I’d say being able to keep a player for 5 years is impressive. Shoot games with content that is designed to be done over and over (Overwatch for example) cannot even hold people more than two/three years.

Right?

Apparently 5 years is not a long time to play a single game, and having 3 posts means this is your first and only post.... 

Anyway, dont let the door hit you on the way out. Getting tired of cleaning the butt prints off of my door.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I have to agree, the game only kept me busy for 5 years and still brings out new stuff, even if most of it is more shine than actual content. no longevity AT ALL.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « sarcasm detector gif »

Remember that ?

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

I’m curious.

I think the main issue to take away from OP is that these forms of content don't feel like they are very replayable. They are not "evergreen" content so to speak -- once you play with them a few times, you've more or less gotten all of the value out of them, which largely comes down to novelty. They're not "recyclable."

Some examples of the opposite case in different games: Starcraft, Warcraft, Dota/LoL/MOBAs/ARPGs, chess, go. These games keep players for vast amounts of time with varying degrees of new content.

Starcraft and Warcraft (and other games I'm sure) benefit from user-generated content. Warframe doesn't have that, sadly. (Ex. imagine what could happen if players had the tools to develop their own raids -- disregard account-wide rewards for now.)

Alternatively, Dota, LoL, other MOBAs, chess, and go have had the same map/environment/play area for many, many years and yet it isn't an issue. Whereas MOBAs generally have consistent updates with new characters like Warframe does, the overall ruleset is very much the same and the "fun" value does not derive exclusively from the new character additions. Whereas chess and go have had virtually no content updates and rely solely on a strategic depth given a static ruleset. For this case, I think Warframe could be improved by having better AI and ways to "win more/better" in different contexts. (Ex. Warframe's Eidolon hunts -- winning more or better means capturing or killing more Eidolons in a single night.)

I think Warframe would benefit from experimenting with these ideas. Especially UGC like custom Warframes, weapons, levels, etc.!

• Like 2