Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt still better than gauss

(PSN)KurimsomLady

Gauss looks mecha af, already wins in my books. Although it was true that Volt with Zenyr Tennogen skin and certain attachments was the next most mecha thing followed by Vauban's Citadel deluxe skin.

Edited by Goodwill

15 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

The simple fact Gauss' speed boost seems to only affect himself makes him immediately better than Volt in my eyes.

Even to this day I still feel Volt speed should have worked on Volt only, I've lost count of how many times my gameplay has gotten messed up due to a Volt spamming speed all the time.

Edited by Dama73
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

You know why gauss is better than volt? Because his speed buff is for himself and not for all team. I hate those volts that give speed on missions/zones you dont need it making it very annoying

I know right? Equip Ignis and use Gauss' speed buff and we have another way to exclusively have all the fun in random pug games while our team mates play pick-up-mats. Move over Saryn and Mesa, Gauss with an Ignis is the new cool way to ruin the game for everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

In reality, max speed volt is just as fast as gauss (when neither of them receives external buff from other frames). Two advantages volt have are: 1. His speed scales with both sprint speed and power strength; 2. Better maneuver. If u had a friend (I don't so I can only run 2 seperate "speed tests"), u could race ur friend on orb vallis, good old volt would surprise u (remember to tap ctrl periodically to quickly reach volt's top speed). In terms of survivability, shield and discharge, volt is still a beast. Both frames can do long survival run, volt can kill and cc a whole room of enemies, so it's easier to play volt than gauss.

Impossible to compare the 2 as I suspect the OP already realises.

The only thing they have in common is that part of there operation involves a speed boost. Thats it. Volt is a crowd control frame at heart while gauss is a melee frame. They play just about as differently as 2 frames can in this game.