Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The not-so-universal Universal Medallion dilemma

DarkRuler2500

I'm wondering if pvp players actually get hurt by it, i think none of them are playing pvp because they want to brag about how they grind conclave in PvE, if anything it should help them because there would be less player that is just want to standings and acts little toxic.

20 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

The PVP-mode is dead and even if I wished to farm those points i CANNOT because no group can be formed.
You can literally queue up for like half an hour without a group being formed.
The universal medallion was a great idea, so sad how it turned out. 😞

Please rethink this decision!

I agree.

Thier excuse is lame, I actively farmed k-drives and it was a grind.  Now you can just use universal medallions.  

I don't care, I'm not complaining.  It's just a bad excuse because I could say that about any syndicate.  

The only reason I was happy about getting them was for conclave.  Now I have no reason, I'm maxed on everything else.  

4 hours ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

My point still stands regardless.

"People like you" are the only reason "people like me" will never get these cosmetics.

If it was so easy then why dont I see anyone wearing them then eh? I would expect if its as easy as you claim that people would be using them! But they arent, because its not.

Doesnt have to be easy. You earn them you don't get handed them. Earn them just like everyone else did. Do some pvp ingame instead of on the forums to start.

• Like 1

People complain about toxic pvp player. But look how you guys acts, youre literally winning about some cosmetics that you can have by playing conclave. There literally no one that stop you to play it and you do not have to be the best player to get typhon rank.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I just queued for PvP and got in a full game. The part that's unclear to me is that unwillingness to earn them the same way as the "People like you" people you're talking about. You're creating this crisis of "no available method of farming" that doesn't really exist. I got in a game instantly and it's not even prime time.

I’m glad you can reliably get Conclave matches, but we really aren’t making the whole “no available method of farming” thing up. There’s a lot that determines why you’re getting matches and others are not: region, platform, time, and other factors that are more opaque.

I’m terrible at PvP. I would happily farm the rep by getting my butt handed to me over and over again until I ‘got gud,’ but I need to be able to queue into a match in a reasonable amount of time (and preferably against players of my own skill level). Please don’t think of entitled whiners when considering this universal medallion change, instead, think of the unfortunate bastard in some far flung corner of the globe who can never get a match no matter how hard they try.

It’s not an insult, and it’s not gamebreaking. If you can get Conclave matches quickly, there is absolutely no comparison in terms of which method of farming rep is faster or less aggravating. I really wish DE hadn’t made this reversal. It might have actually eventually added to the Conclave player base in the long run.

I'm not necessarily opposed to adding alternate means of obtaining Conclave cosmetics, but Universal Medallions ain't it. Progress through "the PvP mode" should be done through PvP, just as progress through "the PvE mode" should be done through PvE. Gaining PvP progress by killing NPC critters fundamentally misses the point of PvP design in a PvE game. Push for making Conclave rewards non-exclusive - I've no issue with it. But come up with some way that doesn't involve gaining PvP rank through PvE.

At the very least offer a bots mode that uses the ai from those missions on sedna. If they deleted the game mode tomorrow entirely no one would care. The only reason anyone WOULD play it is for the cosmetics. 

It really, honestly, is time the mode was just removed entirely and all the cosmetics offered by other means of acquisition. If they removed the game mode entirely, you'd have maybe five people quit over it. it's a game mode they are putting effort into supporting that nobody plays, that nobody WANTS to play. It's time they started focusing on things that are important. Like fixing game breaking bugs. 

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

8 hours ago, Skaleek said:

How's that exactly?

People who completely ignore Conclave as a game mode might start thinking about it more. It’s like when you get a coupon for some new restaurant you normally wouldn’t have tried.

From what I’ve heard, Conclave is actually quite fun when you get a match with people at a similar skill level. I don’t think anyone who is already regularly playing Conclave is going to stop playing and grind medallions instead, so even if it adds only a few more players to the Conclave player base, it should be considered a positive, yeah?

1 hour ago, (PS4)nekokujo said:

People who completely ignore Conclave as a game mode might start thinking about it more. It’s like when you get a coupon for some new restaurant you normally wouldn’t have tried.

From what I’ve heard, Conclave is actually quite fun when you get a match with people at a similar skill level. I don’t think anyone who is already regularly playing Conclave is going to stop playing and grind medallions instead, so even if it adds only a few more players to the Conclave player base, it should be considered a positive, yeah?

Destiny's crucible is quite fun when you get a match with people of similar skill level... It just never happens. same thing here. I have two experiences. One. I load in with players who have no idea what they're doing, and they literally never get a single kill where as I totally obliterate them. 2. The sweatiest MFers on the planet who play like their literal life depends on winning. 

On 2019-09-06 at 7:45 PM, Skaleek said:

Doesnt have to be easy. You earn them you don't get handed them. Earn them just like everyone else did. Do some pvp ingame instead of on the forums to start.

Yeah.  Like most players don't just cheat their way to Conclave standing anyway.  Your argument is a joke.  But screw those of us that actually wanted the standing legit and maybe didn't care to design their entire day around conclave standing I guess.

Is there a reason that some of the softer player vs player elements don't yield any conclave standing? By this I mean like the ESO leaderboard and other such things. Grinding stuff like that would be terrible but it's at least an option if the alternative is a ghost town PvP mode.

My opinion: I have no desire to farm any of these medallions but it amuses me that anyone would be bent out of shape over a pitiable 1,000 standing item that only drops rarely in rotation. That's so bad that I consider it a total waste of my time. Especially considering that it drops only in endless game modes; something I abhor. It also doesn't make me want to play conclave if there are no players and the balance is out to lunch. The name "universal" is a nice touch for a wonderful joke.

This is not to bash on conclave or anyone that enjoys it.

Edited by ArcKnight9202