Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions should apply to conclave

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

13 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Again nobodies forcing you to play but if you want the cosmetics you can play PvP. 

Have any real reasons to play forced pvp garabage?  Besides "just play it" 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Hundreds to thousands of players have maxed out conclave standing that’s disgusting to think that it’s a right for you to say we don’t care that you put the time in we want it. Dude  just play conclave walk into a wall and get yer standing if you hate it that much more 

Ah so why does it take half an hour to find one person if there's "so many of you" hmmmm it's like you left of a massive bit of context to that statement, and I'll provide it

The context: those were people who did the rep farming as soon conclave just came out alot just ignored the massive flaws of the pvp in a pve game and just farmed rep from game to game as many others were trying it out but the flaws showed and those got maxed just abandoned it as the pvp as it's terrible and isn't sustainable. the new players are alienated by higher players so the population dwindled fast and people with well sense quickly picked up that this game isn't not designed for pve in any sense.  Those "thousands" of platers with max rank probably don't playbthe game and the ones who do aren't playing conclave. If there was so many people on conclave then why hasn't there been any conclave update in 2 years? Hmmmmm it's like it has such low population that it isn't worth updating. Sorry to offended all 6 of you

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

terrible way if forcing us to play conclave

well not really forcing, but remove the only thing that might have help others who don't have any interest with conclave are disappointing. 

all of my time in warframe playing conclave, the first time was using excal mr1 with braton iirc. everybody running and jumping like a mad man, and before you know it the game end. never touch it again ever since. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Have any real reasons to play forced pvp garabage?  Besides "just play it" 

Ah so why does it take half an hour to find one person if there's "so many of you" hmmmm it's like you left of a massive bit of context to that statement, and I'll provide it

The context: those were people who did the rep farming as soon conclave just came out alot just ignored the massive flaws of the pvp in a pve game and just farmed rep from game to game as many others were trying it out but the flaws showed and those got maxed just abandoned it as the pvp as it's terrible and isn't sustainable. the new players are alienated by higher players so the population dwindled fast and people with well sense quickly picked up that this game isn't not designed for pve in any sense.  Those "thousands" of platers with max rank probably don't playbthe game and the ones who do aren't playing conclave. If there was so many people on conclave then why hasn't there been any conclave update in 2 years? Hmmmmm it's like it has such low population that it isn't worth updating. Sorry to offended all 6 of you

It’s not forced PvP. You don’t have to play the mode at all! You’re just not entitled to the cosmetics for you don’t/didn’t!!! 

Question? Why are you upset with me that DE has neglected the game mode. They need. To update it if they’re going to do this. 🙂 and yes that was a while ago sorry you weren’t around back then. 😞  and it’s not forced. You want these rewards oh so bad? Play PvP. It’s an option to get them. If you don’t want to play PvP..... well uh.... you don’t get the optional rewards.  It’s a very simple concept brother do it or don’t. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Man it's like I'm farming for alternative that has low drop chance of 5% and only gives a 1000 rep, and you need a total of 240 of them to even max a syndicate out,  but at least I'm playing the game not some force pvp trash fire

It is not plz.

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It’s not an interesting mode at all... deserves a major revisit your not missing out

Honestly I was never fond of most PvP shooters, mainly because most of them boil down to "who can twitch headshot faster".

The funny thing is that I actually prefer fighting games to PvP shooters, despite those needing reflexes that are similarly quick.

Maybe it just is the nature of the shooter that doesn't click with me, time-to-kill always feels so low that it is more often than not very one-sided.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they don’t wanna lose in conclave because they aren’t gods in that gamemode 

I'm pretty sure very few (if not no one) will care about loss unless loss counts as "will not be rewarded". I mean look at Dog Days:

• Day 1 - people found out you didn't have to make any kills and started afking
  • DE implements bonus pearls per kill encouraging players to kill, but afking was still a thing because the concept of loss was not there
  • Even though the argument of "get more should you get kills" was indeed valid, still didn't sway a good chunk of afkers. Call it illogical/irrational, either way it happened.
  • Like 2

At the end of the day this decision doesn't affect me at all. I wasn't going to play Conclave before, I'm not going to play Conclave now. I didn't have the exclusive cosmetics before, I'm not going to get them now. Nothing changes. It would be nice if I could get them through those universal medallions, but the situation feels to me like a perfect example of "it is what it is."

Having said that, I think that DE probably chose the right thing in this occasion. Many of the rewards in this game revolve around the idea of "exclusivity" which seems to be the ultimate goal for some people - well, if you took the time to grind in the Conclave, good for you. I also think that this idea of exclusivity exists mainly in the minds of individual players and ironically it affects exclusively them: let's be honest here, nobody really cares if you are wearing something very few other people have. There is so much space for customization/fashion in this game that pretty much every moderately advanced player can feel unique even with cosmetics and color palettes that are rather common (I sometimes find myself wondering what warframe my teammate plays as, it's tough to tell from appearance alone); if you add the exclusives that clan emblems are, this uniqueness goes even further. So, yeah, why do we care so much about exclusives?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I was never fond of most PvP shooters, mainly because most of them boil down to "who can twitch headshot faster".

The funny thing is that I actually prefer fighting games to PvP shooters, despite those needing reflexes that are similarly quick.

Maybe it just is the nature of the shooter that doesn't click with me, time-to-kill always feels so low that it is more often than not very one-sided.

I agree and dude what fighters do you play? We should spar one day when I’m not rusty. 

But the thing with warframe pvp. I’m aware it sucks and I’d never recommend the gamemode to my worst enemy. But those rewards aren’t game breaking. If you want the rewards play the gamemode. I think DE should fix the game mode however and make it so it’s fun for people to play. The thing about the op and the general consensus is that this is a foreign commodity to them. De admittedly said it was a failure so why play a failure of a gamemode? Completely understand that. But it’s not not fair to remove the exclusivities of the gamemode if people grinded them out. Go back and fix yer game DE. Nag nag nag

I agree and dude what fighters do you play? We should spar one day when I’m not rusty. 

I'm on the Switch so that may be a problem and it mostly was older fighters, most recent thing I have played was Blazblue Crosstag.

I used to be a decent Ragna in the previous Blazblue titles and have some experience in Soulcalibur as well, not much of a Tekken guy and while I enjoy a spot of Street Fighter, I mostly just learned a bit of Ryu to fight with friends back in high-school.

Unless you count Smash Brothers as a fighter I'm nowadays just a casual fighting game fan these days.

• Like 1

Just now, Aldain said:

I'm on the Switch so that may be a problem and it mostly was older fighters, most recent thing I have played was Blazblue Crosstag.

I used to be a decent Ragna in the previous Blazblue titles and have some experience in Soulcalibur as well, not much of a Tekken guy and while I enjoy a spot of Street Fighter, I mostly just learned a bit of Ryu to fight with friends back in high-school.

Unless you count Smash Brothers as a fighter I'm nowadays just a casual fighting game fan these days.

I have smash dood! We should totally play. But please be aware my name is sweatshop cause all my friends think I’m sweaty everytime I play a game lmao

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I have smash dood! We should totally play. But please be aware my name is sweatshop cause all my friends think I’m sweaty everytime I play a game lmao

I wouldn't have any problem with some casual sparring from time to time, though I might not be much of a challenge (or have a good internet connection, need to replace my router I think) as I mostly spend my time as my go-to Link though if there's a sword involved I can use it to some extent (and no that doesn't extend to Dorfenshmirtz sadly).

Timing a sparring session could be a problem, but feel free to message me with details I'd be down for it.

Just now, Aldain said:

I wouldn't have any problem with some casual sparring from time to time, though I might not be much of a challenge (or have a good internet connection, need to replace my router I think) as I mostly spend my time as my go-to Link though if there's a sword involved I can use it to some extent (and no that doesn't extend to Dorfenshmirtz sadly).

Timing a sparring session could be a problem, but feel free to message me with details I'd be down for it.

I’m only on the fourms when I’m at work! But I’ll def message you when I get off later today

I’m only on the fourms when I’m at work! But I’ll def message you when I get off later today

Either you're working the graveyard shift or there are several timezones between us, though as an insomniac I guess that isn't a problem for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Interacting with op he feels entitled to these items under the argument that since warframe is a PvE game and the PvP is broken shouldn’t be in the game he should be able to get said rewards. Let him blow steam off he’ll be afking in conclave soon enough!

Let's us get Challenge Board on LoL with RP while he is at it.

I don't mind that conclave reward are exclusive to conclave. I however annoyed a bit that many of the skin rewards are not tradable between players. I mean, while many game modes have their exclusive rewards, most of them are tradable and not fixating you to grind those game mode out. (Arcane, mods, some weapon parts etc)

Hek, I don't mean everything you could just let only the weapon skins tradable and leave the syndana/armors as conclave players' uniques, and maybe adding more of those as standing rewards too. but makes those weapon skins tradable would be really nice. It gives conclave players some platinum incomes and PvE players something to farm/buy platinum for.

Right now at this point I'll just leave the mode to whatever it is. From 7 out of 10 matches I participated in the last 2 years (which took at least 30 mins to joy might I say), people tended to berate me on how bad I was (because I'm not pvp god or w/e). I don't need to take toxicity from the game mode that brings more toxicity due to its competetive-ness.

Edited by Lunarez
  • Like 2