Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we get another option to purchase platinum and other stuff instead of through the eshop?

(NSW)Edcaous

Could we have the option to purchase platinum on the game website for Nintendo Switch tenno? You know, instead of through the Eshop?

The thing is, if you're not over 18, you can't take a look at anything thats rated mature. Which means we can't purchase platinum. Instead, we a greeted with: "You are not eligible to purchase or view information about this software." (Insert image of an orange adult with glasses doing a t-pose, blocking children from moving forward)

So if I want to purchase the esteem pack? Nope. What about prime accessories? Can't. Looks like if I want to purchase anything at all, I suppose I'll have to wait about two years or so.

EDIT: It's not a parental controls issue, it doesn't matter whether parental controls is on or not.

Edited by (NSW)Edcaous
clarification

Warframe is rated M for Mature. If you want to buy platinum maybe ask your parents to temporarily adjust the setting and/or purchase it for you. I seriously doubt DE would voluntarily add an option for the purposes of circumventing the parental controls on a system.

Edited by AXCrusnik
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Warframe is rated M for Mature. If you want to buy platinum maybe ask your parents to temporarily adjust the setting and/or purchase it for you. I seriously doubt DE would voluntarily add an option for the purposes of circumventing the parental controls on a system.

or maybe he shouldn't be playing this game, ratings are there for a reason.

16 minutes ago, Toppien said:

If his parents allow it that's on them. The ratings are there to inform parents to make smarter decisions, not put a hard ban on anyone under 17 from consuming the content under any circumstances. If they think it's ok for their child then whatever. Parents can still buy M rated games for their children in stores, that's not illegal. Parents can also bring children under 17 into rated R movies.

I'm not aware of the fine details of how parental controls work on the switch (as I am an adult with no children) but if it bars him from purchasing platinum it should bar him from downloading the game in the first place, implying that his parents may have allowed him to download it.

Edited by AXCrusnik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

Could we have the option to purchase platinum on the game website for Nintendo Switch tenno? You know, instead of through the Eshop?

The thing is, if you're not over 18, you can't take a look at anything thats rated mature. Which means we can't purchase platinum. Instead, we a greeted with: "You are not eligible to purchase or view information about this software." (Insert image of an orange adult with glasses doing a t-pose, blocking children from moving forward)

So if I want to purchase the esteem pack? Nope. What about prime accessories? Can't. Looks like if I want to purchase anything at all, I suppose I'll have to wait about two years or so.

W A I T for you having 18.
On a serious note, I think you can't buy things because Warframe is rated M.

Edited by 6Sanity9x
Jupiter sized font

@6Sanity9x can you tone down that editing so it doesn't take up the whole web page? I get OP should wait to mature to play an M rated game, but I don't think a font the size of Jupiter helps

To OP: like others have said either lie about your age when you create accounts like everyone else or just wait.

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Toppien said:

Most 12 year olds + are mature enough to play 18 games.
Not to argue on the forums though. Most of them act like children.

I believe that ratings are just a suggestion and aren't enforced by law.

Alongside its game rating operation, the ESRB also provides certification services for online privacy on websites and mobile apps. ... The ESRB ratings system is not enforced under federal laws in any of the countries where it is actively used, although it is enforced under provincial laws in some regions of Canada.

(Also OP ( @(NSW)Edacious) you just admitted to being underage to play a game on the forums with admins...)

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Alongside its game rating operation, the ESRB also provides certification services for online privacy on websites and mobile apps. ... The ESRB ratings system is not enforced under federal laws in any of the countries where it is actively used.

Sadly, the ESRB is crap when handling triple A games, my best exemple is NBA 2k20, it's so god damn disgusting that big corporations control the ESRB and PEGI...
For me Warframe would be atleast 14+ , since at that age, most of people is mature enough to see blood and stuff.

Is this game rated M because of wisp?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AXCrusnik said:

Warframe is rated M for Mature. If you want to buy platinum maybe ask your parents to temporarily adjust the setting and/or purchase it for you.

Yeah, it's not parental controls. Those are turned off. It's not a setting, it's just sorta built into the console. My parents are okay with the game.

42 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Also maybe lie about your age like everyone else?

You can't do that on switch, as far as I can tell, the first time you put your age down its there forever. The other option would be to abandon my current account.

20 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Most 12 year olds + are mature enough to play 18 games.
Not to argue on the forums though. Most of them act like children.

I try to be respectful here. But yeah I agree... I haven't seen anything mature enough yet to make me think "wow, I shouldn't be playing this."

17 minutes ago, 6Sanity9x said:

Sadly, the ESRB is crap when handling triple A games, my best exemple is NBA 2k20, it's so god damn disgusting that big corporations control the ESRB and PEGI...
For me Warframe would be atleast 14+ , since at that age, most of people is mature enough to see blood and stuff.

Yeah, this.

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

See above plz. Also, I know for a fact that I'm not the only one.

• Like 2

I kinda think people are misunderstanding something. It's not parental controls.

Also, Warframe feels more like a 13+ game. And I have friends younger than me that play a lot worse so... 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Boy oh boy do I have news for you about what game you shouldn't be playing.... they are not going to create a system to circumvent ratings just because you are 16 mate. 

Yeah I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. But I don't like how you said "game you shouldn't be playing." I don't know why this game is rated 18+ tho.

1 hour ago, AXCrusnik said:

I seriously doubt DE would voluntarily add an option for the purposes of circumventing the parental controls on a system.

Did I already reply to this? It's not parental controls, it's just in the system. As for parental controls, those have been turned off already.

Just now, Lance_Lionroar said:

Everyone acting all high and mighty about age ratings here, as if they didn't play GTA when they were kids.

I played GTA when I was 8....
Also, no one is all mighty about age ratings, since they Suck these days and are very exploititive.

• Like 1

Just now, Lance_Lionroar said:

Everyone acting all high and mighty about age ratings here, as if they didn't play GTA when they were kids.

I haven't played GTA yet, but from what I can tell, Warframe doesn't even come close to it when it comes to maturity.

25 minutes ago, 6Sanity9x said:

Is this game rated M because of wisp?

What about wisp? Besides the behind. Theres nothing really anything sexual implied in Warframe from what I can tell. Unless your talking about Limbo's agile animation... But I can't buy platinum so I don't have that.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

EDIT: It's not a parental controls issue, it doesn't matter whether parental controls is on or not.

You'll have to ask a legal adult or a friend to gift it I guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You'll have to ask a legal adult or a friend to gift it I guess.

Well, thanks for being helpful.

I can tell that a lot of posts aren't taking this too seriously, (please stop "haha"ing this post) which is ok, but a lot more people than I expected told me to just stop playing the game. Oh well, I'll get over it. I'm surprised though, I didn't know how important age ratings were to some people. I learned something from that I guess. Before making this post, I assumed that nobody really took them seriously.

2 hours ago, Toppien said:

I'm staying. I think I'll be here for quite a while. Even If I can't buy, I'll still trade items for platinum.

Anyways, another guy said this:

1 hour ago, 6Sanity9x said:

2 hours ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

You can't do that on switch, as far as I can tell, the first time you put your age down its there forever. The other option would be to abandon my current account.

Well I did it. But k. First age I put in was 69 tho

But yeah you can change it just in the nintendo switch website