Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your "new melee meta" speculations?

PikeOrShield

6 minutes ago, Vyra said:

META are Guns, Mods and Equipment aswell as Warframe that are stronger than the rest of the stuff in game... people use it to have the game experience as easy as possible.

Example: Saryn is meta, because she can kill tons of enemies while she doesn't even needs to see them, most commonly used with Ignis ( flametrhower primary ) and Atomos ( aoe secondary )...

That's META

Then the same people complain game is to easy, want harder enemies to make all other equipment ( ether sword, flux rifle etc...) even more useless as it is already...

Maybe saryn is "meta" on eso but you will be surprised that is almost useless on every other mission...and you will cry watching 20% damage killing 2000 enemies and another frame dealing 80% with 200 kills and this on medium levels, because on high levels the stats are 0% for saryn.

There is no meta in this game because there is no a proper meta game but few bosses.

Edited by bibmobello

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Maybe saryn is "meta" on eso but you will be surprised that is almost useless on every other mission...and you will cry watching 20% damage killing 2000 enemies and another frame dealing 80% with 200 kills and this on medium levels, because on high levels the stats are 0% for saryn.

There is no meta in this game because there is no a proper meta game but few bosses.

Appears i am never facing that high enemies.

I usuallly play Sorties and there she is a beast!
At  most survivals there is no need to stay longer than 40 minute, so i never tried that out.

Sentients are also no problem.

Can you explain where we ( have to?) encounter those high level enemies you mean?
If so, what are the rewards? Maybe i am missing out something unintentionally.

8 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Appears i am never facing that high enemies.

I usuallly play Sorties and there she is a beast!
At  most survivals there is no need to stay longer than 40 minute, so i never tried that out.

Sentients are also no problem.

Can you explain where we ( have to?) encounter those high level enemies you mean?
If so, what are the rewards? Maybe i am missing out something unintentionally.

Now they changed the enemy levels on arbitration and you can easily reach enemies level +150 after 1 hours. I have no fun and no purpose to kill enemies under level 100 after thousand of hours and millions  of sorties and star char missions.

The reward? i am not a donkey i don't need a carrot to play something, i play to have some challenge and fun.

Some time ago there were raids here and they lasted more than 1 hours, even on destiny there are raids and they last more than 1 hours and even more if you are not experienced and I prefer to play 1 or 2 good long matches than playing 2 hours 20 stupid matches to farm something useless.

Sorties are obsolete now, they don't offer any challenge but few ones and they need a total rework.

Edited by bibmobello

6 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Now they changed the enemy levels on arbitration and you can easily reach enemies level +150 after 1 hours. I have no fun and no purpose to kill enemies under level 100 after thousand of hours and millions  of sorties and star char missions.

The reward? i am not a donkey i don't need a carrot to play something, i play to have some challenge and fun.

Some time ago there were raids here and they lasted more than 1 hours, even on destiny there are raids and they last more than 1 hours and even more if you are not experienced and I prefer to play 1 or 2 good long matches than playing 2 hours 20 stupid matches to farm something useless.

Sorties are obsolete now, they don't offer any challenge but few ones and they need a total rework.

Man you just remind me about something... you're right, there were RAIDS!!!

I loved them when i had the luck to find someone to play with, back in the day i made a unique Nyx build no one else used, sadly they nerfed that option on Nyx after i returned from a long break.

Anyway, i usually play for rewards since i have not really a lot of stuff right now.
For fun i mostly visit Venus and Earth, kinda love the plants to hang out 😄

As for challenge, not my type when it comes to farming, if it is optional i can like a challenge, but not if there is something locked behind it, since i do not always have time or patience or teammates...and begging others to play with me is really frustrating, in general i don't like to much chat ingame.

Except for said RAIDS, that was awesome... i wonder what happened to them...

Meta isn't really the word/prefix, as in "metagaming"... in gaming, it's most commonly used as the acronym: Most Effective Tactics Available

There will always be a meta, even if it's not the most popular (though it usually is the most popular), and while it is usually used in "end game" activities because of its effectiveness, it's not limited to an "end game" thing.

Just for clarification, as this seems to have lead to a few misunderstandings in posts above.

When developers start balancing around fighting the Meta... it's going to be a constant cycle of nerfs, and it never ends well, in my 30+ years of experience in online gaming. Hopefully, that's not entirely what's happening here. (This is why buffs of weak things are as, or more important, than nerfs of the most powerful stuff that is "meta")

I don't follow the meta, I follow what's most fun for me to play, even if it's not the most efficient, so I won't be contributing much to the actual OP's question here unless I stop to give it more thought to what I think mechanically, and statistically, will be the most effective tactics available due to these changes (since it's not changing my choices much.)

1 minute ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Meta isn't really the word/prefix, as in "metagaming"... in gaming, it's most commonly used as the acronym: Most Effective Tactics Available

There will always be a meta, even if it's not the most popular (though it usually is the most popular), and while it is usually used in "end game" activities because of its effectiveness, it's not limited to an "end game" thing.

Just for clarification, as this seems to have lead to a few misunderstandings in posts above.

When developers start balancing around fighting the Meta... it's going to be a constant cycle of nerfs, and it never ends well, in my 30+ years of experience in online gaming. Hopefully, that's not entirely what's happening here. (This is why buffs of weak things are as, or more important, than nerfs of the most powerful stuff that is "meta")

I don't follow the meta, I follow what's most fun for me to play, even if it's not the most efficient, so I won't be contributing much to the actual OP's question here unless I stop to give it more thought to what I think mechanically, and statistically, will be the most effective tactics available due to these changes (since it's not changing my choices much.)

i don't like to speak about nerf but balancing a game. I repeat, i don't play destiny 2 but lately they removed a weapon because it was bugged and you could spam your super but you have PvP there.

I don't speculate on what weapon class will be more viable but I personally like the dual swords so I would equip more often my beloved dual ether. As heavy melee I wish they speed up weapons like magistar, fragor or scindo, because those weapons slow as hell.

If they just buff the really old weapons and the weakest and not all weapon, then those weapons have more benefit the changes that actually buffed. I suppose a whip and polearm will be still an option because the basic stats will be increased aswell.

Daggers and dual daggers can be useful if these weapons can be good finisher or atleast have fast attack animations and animations which not break the momentum. I am not a fan of the combo system but they decided to go for that so need to adopt. What I want to see is weapons like mire, plasma sword, machetes, dual clevers etc weapons get a much more love because they were terrible weapons. The range for me never was a problem, because I like facetank enemies, but when I do I want attack animations which not stopping me.

• Like 5

New melee meta? Catchmoon.

To save myself from disappointment, I'm going to simply assume that the upcoming melee changes are going to finish what the previous ones did - which is to say that they're going to finally put several bullets into melee's walking corpse, incinerate the body to ashes and scatter them over the ocean.

That way, if it's not a complete disaster, I can be pleasantly surprised.

If.

Same as now except it will be useful on all weapon types.

IPS hybrid weapon with preferably high slash weight. Pressure Point(Primed), Berserk/Fury(Primed), Blood Rush, CO, Reach(Primed) and then the last 3 spots are spent on some of the following, riven, another speed mod, weeping wounds, drifting contact or a healing utility mod. Kinda depends what you'll have available on the riven. Can toss meme strike into the mix too if you like to spin around mostly.

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Question, is the meta really necessary where you feel insecure if you're not using it?

You must be fun at parties.

No, I don't feel the need to always use meta builds (my most used melee is still the Dragon Nikana because I was a bit of a weeb five years ago and I still love katanas) but I do enjoy speculating so I have a few fun builds to try out when the changes arrive.

A meta build is not required for a player to have fun or feel secure, but it's good to know what is meta when discussing weapon balance and changes.