Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you guys happy with the new Redeemer?

8faiNt

3 minutes ago, Martyr5000 said:

They sure do like to take away the fun weapons imo. Yes, it was nerfed.

Sarpa got affected way too much! It was arguably good already, now its not even usable.

I do hope they fix the Bullet Dance Stance

Edited by 8faiNt

The new Redeemer is horrible. I can't do combo shots anymore without the disgusting rolling part -- I was able to do double shots easily and triple shots with good timing before this update. It also feels much weaker than it used to, although maybe it's just me.

All in all, it used to be a fun weapon, and now it is just plain painful to use. I don't know why they had to break it so badly.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

All I've seen so far was the stat changes on the swings. The Melee swings look they got buffed a lot. It makes sense, people only used gunblades for the gun part. They should be as equal as possible. 

I think I would ve used a sword if i wanted to hit things with it instead of shooting

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

ahhh man...I was really enjoying this weapon...Oh well, first rule of never getting attached applies as always...

Pretty much my rule of thumb.

As I said, I'm still trying it out, but worst comes to pass, I'll just move on to another weapon setup.

26 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

I think I would ve used a sword if i wanted to hit things with it instead of shooting

And you should have used a gun if you wanted to shoot something. 

The point of a gun blade is to be able to do both, not just to have a 3rd gun. With the old redeemer, the swings were useless, it was always better to shoot no matter the range. The way it should work is that you melee those in melee range and shoot those slightly out that range. 

Edited by Miser_able

7 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The point of a gun blade is to be able to do both, not just to have a 3rd gun. With the old redeemer, the swings were useless

good job. Now the shooting with it is useless. Im having hard time understanding your logic. Im sure like everyone who never wanted the change is happy now.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

good job. Now the shooting with it is useless. Im having hard time understanding your logic. Im sure like everyone who never wanted the change is happy now.

I havent had a chance to try it yet (console peasant" but I agree if the shooting part is useless that defeats the point of the entire weapon.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

I didn't say I liked the change... I just said that the swings should have been brought up to par with the shots. 

The new melee system is broken and less effective. Looks good but slow. I feel like I am glued to the ground as I use melee. I don't get it. Why not just improve what wasn't not good enough and keep what was the best in melee 2.0? Instead, the best parts are torn apart and trashed and then replaced with a less effective and less fun system. 

• Like 1

I don't like the new bullet dance combo. The animation is too sluggish, way too slow even with max level of primed fury equipped.

If they really want to add some forced swings between shootings, fine but at least boost up the attack speed. Come to think of it, maybe the whole gunblade stances need some rework cause most of the combos are merely cool but not practical in real combat imo.