Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugged Mods in Melee 3.0

SolidSnake8774

I've been looking through and reporting bugs the last few days, and decided since so many things are bugged, that making a big thread listing all the bugged mods specifically to help siphon things out from being a jumbled big mess of different bugs that over archs the whole game, that this would be a better alternative.

This is a thread consolidating all the reported bugged or incorrectly working mods from the changes in melee 3.0 The Old Blood update into one place. Hopefully making this easier to keep track of and to help get all the mods in one place. As I think this will help us as well as help DE. Keep in mind this is on mods or interactions with mods.  Specific weapons unique traits or general weapon related bugs should be in their own place (Things like melee weapons stopping sprint and etc). I went looking back through all the threads and posts I've seen in the past few days and searched for more beyond those. If there any more discovered post them below and I will add them in, as well as the thread https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1136758-pc-the-old-blood-bug-reporting/

Consolidation of Bugged/Incorrect working mods

Weeping Wounds (Melee)  - Does not work/Only works when host and not fully. Some reports say its having the negative effect.  (Still some sort of bad interaction persisting along with gladiator and Blood Rush)
Source
Source
Source
Source

New Source
New Source

Adaption (Warframe) - The damage reduction only is reduced for the first hit of that type of damage. And doesnt reapply until the whole timer wears off. This is especially evident in lich territory missions.
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

[Any mods that grant Initial Combo] - Only appears to work with the user is host. (Fixed in hotfix). A new potential bug appears to have combo dissappear after heavy attack and then gives initial again rather than maintaining it the whole time.
Source
Source
Source

[Gladiator Mod Set Effect] - Simply does not apply.. (Still seems to be some bad interaction)
Major Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
New Source

Corrupt Charge  [ melee] - Still marked as channeling, and does not work. Only works for Hosts. (Fixed in hotfix, channeling reference will be fixed in future)
Source

Parry [Melee]  - Still marked as channeling and does not work and doesnt open to counters.  (Supposedly fixed in latest update)
Source

Quick Thinking [Warframe] - Kills operator on transfer out when warframe is at 2 health. (Apparently intended mechanic so warframe doesnt die)
Source

Life Strike [melee] - Inconsistent use, sometimes works, sometimes doesnt, and doesnt seem to work with thrown Melee weapons (Along with Healing Return). Issue seems especially the case with the Skaijaiti nikana weapon.
Source
Source
Source

Berserk [Melee] -  Doesnt work correctly unless its max rank.
Source

Quickening [melee] - Does not add any attack speed (Visible in stats menu that it adds nothign as well) (Has been fixed in latest hotfix)
Source
Source

Covert Lethality  [Melee] - Only works for Hosts.
Source

Killing Blow [Melee] - Only half working for thrown melee weapons. The damage doesnt apply, heavy attack speed does. Also reports that its not applying damage to heavy slam attack damage at all.
Source
Source

True Punishment [melee] - Does not work at all, for much the same reason Quickening probably doesnt.(Fixed in hotfix)
Source

Amalgam Javlok Magazine Warp [Rifle] - damage reflection removed (Apparently intended)
Source
Source

Focused Defense [melee] - Does not apply an increased blocking angle. (Fixed in hotfix)
Source

Reflection [warframe] - Doesnt work and still marked as channeling.
Source

Swift Momentum [warframe] - Doesnt appear to be giving any discernable effect.
Source
Source

Reflex Guard [warframe] - Doesnt appear to be working, doesnt add the expected combo count on blocking. (Fixed in Hotfix)
Source

Nightwatch Napalm [Rifle unique] - Doesnt have effect for some weapons that can be equipped and for Kuva variants. (Fixed in hotfix)
Source
Source

Untraceable [parazon] - Does not update time when invisible and while hacking other consoles.(fixed in hotfix)
Source
Source
Source

Guardian Derision [melee] - The combo count chance while blocking doesnt seem to work properly.
Source

Static Discharge [melee/Prova] - Doesn't appear to work, also still mentions charge attacks in description (which may be the problem)
Source

[All reload while holstered mods] - They stop working after dieing once in a mission. Are now not working at all.
Source
Source

Cleaving Whirlwind [melee] - forward combo causing sudden stagger animations?  (Misunderstanding of how the stance works)
Source

Blood Rush [melee] - Doesnt work with gunblades. (Still a bad interaction persisting)
Source
Source
New Source

Phoenix Renewal [warframe] - Doesnt work from Kuva Lich Finishing moves.
Source

Healing Return [melee] -  Working Inconsistently. Appears to be working for hosts of a session.
Source

Combat Discipline [warframe] - Only half working, draining HP from user, not giving HP to team mates. (Was a misunderstanding of how mod works)
Source

Hit and Run [parazon] - Not refreshing its duration (fixed)
Source

Shattering Impact [melee] - Doesn't appear to be working.( Report of it being fixed with latest update)
Source

Swirling Tiger [melee/ dual sword] - Has a ghost hit in its third hit that does no damage but advances combo counter anyway.
Source

Enduring Strike [melee] - Possibly not working at all? (Fixed in hotfix)
Source

Flailing Branch [melee/staves] - Standing combo doesnt register its second hit often.
Source

Out of Sight [parazon] - Does not work, It gives the graphic cloud over their heads but doesnt actually appear to affect the targets.  (fixed)
Source

Blood for Ammo [parazon] - Doesn't work unless you have both a Primary and Secondary equipped. Also doesn't seem to work on thralls. (Fixed)
Source
Source

Venom Dose [warframe] - Doesnt appear to be working on anyone, teammates or not.
Source

Gaia's Tragendy [melee/fists] - Forest Remorse missing repeated punch combo?
Source
Source

[Aero set effect] - Doesnt appear to be working.
Source

Coalition Drift [warframe] - is not working with Empowered Blades aura mod.
Source

Infested Impedance [warframe] - Doesnt seem to have effect with Infested.
Source

Tactical Reload [Rifle] - Cannot be equipped/not an option for Synoid simulor and also doesnt function correctly.
Source
Source

Condition Overload [melee] - Not working on the thrown disc of the Zenistar
Source

Shotgun Ammo Mutation [shotgun] - Is not converting the correct amount of ammo
Source

Hawk Eye [secondary] - Not a pistol exilus mod?
Source

Firestorm [primary] - Not visible as an option for Synoid Simulor
Source

[Synth mod set effect] - 'Holster to reload' effect stops working after being revived.
Source

Amalgum Argonak Metal Auger - [rifle] - the reduce armor damage doesnt work with Plague Akwin and Balla dagger.
Source

Auto Breach - [parazon]  - Prevents Master Key from activating when it activates.
Source

Amalgum Ripkas True Steel  [melee] - Has not seen the boost that the other steel series mods have gotten. (Fixed)
Source

Hunter Synergy  [companion] - The link part of the mod doesnt seem to be working.
Source

Cautious Shot [primary] - Seems to be applying its damage reduction at the wrong place. It ignores external DR/absorbtion abilities.
Source

Regen and Primed Regen [companion] - Doesnt appear to be working.
Source

Corrupt Charge  [melee] - The initial combo granted (the x2 multiplyer) isnt consistant, and has a period of counting up after use instead of just starting at its initial combo.
Source

Entropy Detonation [melee] - This mod seems to be overlooked, as its now almost impossible to reliably use the mod with the obex, since knock downs have been removed from slams and all of its opening finisher charge attacks and combos have been removed.
Source

Edited by SolidSnake8774
added more sources for initial combo mods, all reload while holstered mods and redacted fixed(or known to soon be fixed mods)
  • Like 2

Weeping wounds is not working as intended, not even in the simulacrum, it doesn't proc ALL the time with weapons that should hit 100% easily at 12x combo multiplier, however it procs more regularly than the weapon without Weeping Wounds, so there seems to be an unintended cap for the weapon right now

1 hour ago, SolidSnake8774 said:

From what I understand. cleaving Whirlwind had a stagger when you use the spinning combo too many times. Might be something with that.

I'm 100% sure its a bug, they did say something about melee movement being fluid, there's nothing fluid about a stagger during a combo and mind you, this stagger is not caused by enemy attacks.

Edited by Mikaer88
Before the update, the cleaving whirlwind spin attack has a limit to how much spin you can perform but doesn't cause a stagger at the end.

On 2019-11-03 at 8:54 AM, SolidSnake8774 said:

[Gladiator Mod Set Effect] - Simply does not apply. Applies only when blood rush is also equipped for some reason.
Source
Source
Source

It never applies. You can test this easily with a 24 base crit chance weapon (ex. Orthos Prime).

Long story short: 182.4 Crit chance with just BR and x12 combo (checks out, you still sometimes get yellow crits). At this point, adding ANY form of Gladiator Mod with the set bonus would push the crit chance over 200 at x12 combo. No matter how many you equip, you still see yellow crits popping up.

Even adding True Steel (bringing the "no gladiator mod equipped" crit chance to 196.8 (which checks out, you still get a yellow crit here and there)) doesn't push over in red crit territory with any amount of Gladiator equipped.

Yes, it could be that the Gladiator Set only applies a flat 10% critical chance bonus that doesn't scale at all (at that point you would have a 199.2% at x12 combo with BR and True Steel) and it might also be that the whole combo stacking thing is capped at a total of 60% per combo point (So it would be working only in the case where blood rush isn't maxed, is equipped and there are Gladiator mods in your loadout - which i didn't check).

But as it is it is not the presence of Blood Rush that makes the Gladiator Set Bonus work. I have no idea how your source got that idea and it is easily disprovable - at least, using the method above it never worked for me.

(Note: Maiming Strike with Just BR, with BR + True Strike, with BR + GladSet, With all three always pushes a few red crits at x12 when spinning)

On 2019-11-03 at 9:54 AM, SolidSnake8774 said:

... [gladiator set bonus] Applies only when blood rush is also equipped for some reason...

5 minutes ago, TRPBWhite said:

This is not true. Using it together with blood rush, only blood rush applies (my blood rush is unmaxed btw, rank 12). I tested this in simulacrum.

War has 25% baseline crit. With both blood rush (12th rank, about 50% crit) and gladiator mods (60% crit in total), i should be receiving 110% crit per combo multiplier, so at 12x should have 25+ 25*1.1*12=355% crit. Meaning all my crits should be red. However, I was only orange crits with some normal ones mixed in, as if with blood rush only at 175% crit total (if only gladiator mods worked I would have gotten only orange crits, because it would add up to about 205% crit, or if the cap per combo point was 60%). That prompted me to take off bloodd rush, and try with 6 gladiator mods only. Was getting almost no crits at all (base).

To sum up - gladiator mod set DOES NOT work whether with or without blood rush equipped. Gives neither flat nor multiplicative nor any other bonus.

Edited by Scissorsmith

28 minutes ago, Scissorsmith said:

This is not true. Using it together with blood rush, only blood rush applies (my blood rush is unmaxed btw, rank 12). I tested this in simulacrum.

Thanks for testing on an unmaxed BR!

28 minutes ago, Scissorsmith said:

so at 12x should have 25+ 25*1.1*12=355% crit.

Blood Rush only works on 11 levels. It's "combo counter -1", so to speak, as the UI shows. It would make sense that if Gladiator was working it would work the same way.

If Gladiator and BR were to work on a cap you would end up with a total of 190% and not 205% as you expect. Which would still mean that you would see some yellow crits.
If Gladiator doesn't work at all, you would have a crit chance of 162.5.

Do you feel your yellow crits are more on the 162.5 side or 190 one? (Yay, scientific "feeling" :D)

And yeah, Gladiator doesn't work at all alone. What i was answering was the source stating that gladiator does work when in conjunction with BR. I know it doesn't if BR is maxed, but i havent tried with an unranked or unmaxed BR. So, the "162.5 or 190" could help.

Edited by TRPBWhite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRPBWhite said:

Thanks for testing on an unmaxed BR!

Blood Rush only works on 11 levels. It's "combo counter -1", so to speak, as the UI shows. It would make sense that if Gladiator was working it would work the same way.

If Gladiator and BR were to work on a cap you would end up with a total of 190% and not 205% as you expect. Which would still mean that you would see some yellow crits.
If Gladiator doesn't work at all, you would have a crit chance of 162.5.

Do you feel your yellow crits are more on the 162.5 side or 190 one? (Yay, scientific "feeling" :D)

And yeah, Gladiator doesn't work at all alone. What i was answering was the source stating that gladiator does work when in conjunction with BR. I know it doesn't if BR is maxed, but i havent tried with an unranked or unmaxed BR. So, the "162.5 or 190" could help.

Oh yeah, I forgot about 11 being max stacks, thanks! You're completely right. It has been bothering me that I saw about half orange half yellow crits, with orange just a bit more prevalent, where by previous calculation I should have seen alnost entirely orange crits, with only a few yellows. Definitely more like 160% than 190%, no question. Was going to do more testing to figure out why I was seeing almost half yellows where they should be 1 in 10, so thanks for saving my time!

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

I can confirm about healing return not working at all. Tested with Excalibur, exalted blade, rank 14 HR.I have 100% status chance and it doesn't work anymore.Before it was a consistent heal, now it does nothing.

Tried with anything else? Excalibur's exalted blade has some things wrong with it as well, to make sure its not an issue with Excalibur's exalted blade itself. Like its heavy attack not sending out energy waves, and sometimes not being able to block. I've added it to the list, cause this isnt the first case I've heard of Healing Return not working.

Edited by SolidSnake8774
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SolidSnake8774 said:

Tried with anything else? Excalibur's exalted blade has some things wrong with it as well, to make sure its not an issue with Excalibur's exalted blade itself. Like its heavy attack not sending out energy waves, and sometimes not being able to block. I've added it to the list, cause this isnt the first case I've heard of Healing Return not working.

Healing return worked fine for me (host) with regular melee weapons.

38 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Healing return worked fine for me (host) with regular melee weapons.

yeah the reports i did see, mention it works for hosts, while others it doesnt,similar to some other problems. I'll add the host possibility to it. Ive not been able to test it myself, I've only had some inconsistancies with Life Strike (which could be for similar reason as well)

13 hours ago, TamePingu said:

The stagger animation was always there, otherwise you could just spin around all the time. The animation kicks in after the 4th spin.

I think I know what you mean, I was probably doing something before that didn't cause me to stagger, I just couldn't remember it.

Edited by Mikaer88

I've not tested it extensively but shattering impact doesn't seem to work. Definitely not in the simulacrum, and I don't think it does in missions. Unless they changed it from affecting base armor to total armor, but even then I don't think it does.