Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is becoming pay to win through forma!

FlashFire749

3 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Anyone remembers threads asking for more mod capacity and slots “it will be ok if it will take time” or universal polarities “even if I will have to Forma one slot 4 times”?

Was that before or after the game had 100 primaries, 100 secondaries and 130 melee and over 50 frames? 

Edited by Fire2box

1 minute ago, CeePee said:

The game has more than enough paths to farm free Forma, you simply need to play the game to get them.

And those are what exactly? 

Forma blueprints from relics. that's one every 24 hours. 

And the only other way I know outside of very limited time special events is the lua music puzzle. 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Fire2box:

And the only other way I know outside of very limited time special events is the lua music puzzle. 

But where does the need to rush down every bit of mastery come from? Sure highest MR helps you whenever new syndicates come out but the difference at hand is between mr 27 and mr 28, so not very large. Of course it's part of DE's way to monetize the game, all foundry timers are but I highly recommend chilling out and not try to finish the new update within the first day.

13 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

People are making alot of plat while farming kuva floods selling their parazon mod thingies. Roll rivens and sell to make plats. Use plat to buy forma bundle. Pretty obvious really. 

1 hour ago, Fire2box said:

Please tell me how you can craft more then one forma in a 24 hour period. There's a reason every dev stream a question is " when is plague star coming back". 

I said it could be easily obtained. I did not say you can craft more than one every 24 hours.. If you need more than that you get it from the market. If you don't want to do that out of pocket you process some relics and sell the results. It's not only easy to do in this game it's fun to help your fellow tenno acquire the things they need/want.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

But where does the need to rush down every bit of mastery come from? Sure highest MR helps you whenever new syndicates come out but the difference at hand is between mr 27 and mr 28, so not very large. Of course it's part of DE's way to monetize the game, all foundry timers are but I highly recommend chilling out and not try to finish the new update within the first day.

Timegates. 

Baruuk, Garuda and Gauss all have parts locked behind refined marquise thyst's. A blueprint that's only aviable once you earned rank 4 in Solaris United standing (asides from obtaining them in a trade in which case people were paying at least 15p per gem when the first players obtained the refinement blueprint). At MR6 it would likely take a month to get there earning a max of 7k standing per day. 

Never mind that you have to reach max rank only to yet again face down another 3-5 ranks of grind to do profit taker. 

Edited by Fire2box

4 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

People are making alot of plat while farming kuva floods selling their parazon mod thingies. Roll rivens and sell to make plats. Use plat to buy forma bundle. Pretty obvious really. 

that's not "free" though. Buying forma with plat even if you didn't pay for it someone, somewhere did. 

Edited by Fire2box

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

that's not "free" though. Buying forma with plat even if you didn't pay for it, someone, somewhere did. 

and aren't we glad they did? The people that make this game aren't volunteers.....

7 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

that's not "free" though. Buying forma with plat even if you didn't pay for it someone, somewhere did. 

Lel. Thought it was an actual question since i didn't bothered to read the whole thread and gave a constructive answer. Pardon me. Do rant on.  

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Fire2box:

Timegates. 

But the difference at hand is only a single mastery rank. 1k standing per day. If we got a new syndicate right now it would take both MR 28 and MR 27 people the same amount of days to get to max rank.

Ignoring arguments of there being nothing to win, even if you do buy a load of forma you still have to put one in a weapon, then PLAY while carrying it to get it to max rank, put another one in a weapon, PLAY while carrying it to get it to max rank, put another in a weapon, PLAY while carrying it to get it to max rank, and so on.

That ain't paying to win.

Pay to win would be a special forma on the market that doesn't reset the weapon's rank.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cmacq said:

and aren't we glad they did? The people that make this game aren't volunteers.....

I've bought plat once (highest priced bundle with 75% off) and bought a baro keytar shirt. I do like the system of the premium currency being tradeable but that plat from trading only meant real life money was spent for it. I've bought loads of forma bundles myself I don't mind I know how to make plat in the game. Doesn't mean I have to say I enjoy  that I feel the need to.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Ignoring arguments of there being nothing to win, even if you do buy a load of forma you still have to put one in a weapon, then PLAY while carrying it to get it to max rank, put another one in a weapon, PLAY while carrying it to get it to max rank, put another in a weapon, PLAY while carrying it to get it to max rank, and so on.

That ain't paying to win.

Pay to win would be a special forma on the market that doesn't reset the weapon's rank.

OP worded it wrong or is rather just plain wrong. 

Forma is not pay to win, Forma doesn't come quickly enough for how many things it's used for. 

Most weapons and frames need 1 or 2 to fit in things like max rank primed mods and fill the rest of the mod slots too. Not filling out mod slots is just limiting potential. And there's literally hundreds. 

Companions such as the smeeta kavat, one of the more popular companions in game to date can easily take 7 forma due to companion mods being such high ranks. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

that's MR30 BTW. At that rank you don't need to level whatever it is up if you are done applying forma. Asides from the weapons that now go beyond 30 I suppose. 

Edited by Fire2box

Just now, Drachnyn said:

not exactly, you'll still need to relevel the weapon to apply more forma (unless they change that of course)

Yeah like rank 40 weapons which so far by my count is 14. but that's maybe 1% if that of total weapons at this point. 

Everything is free except for cosmetics/ skins/ decorations for dojo or orbiter. The Forma just requires grinding the game. The only reason you are stating you need to purchase Forma with money make me believe you buy most of your weapons and frames with plat from your money you work for. This is a great thing but if you want to play for free, everything is free except the awesome skins and if you do most of them are created by players like you and me. Because of their ideas, your actually helping them make some money. Kind of like if you design a shoe for Nike and they want to help you get royalty income for you awesome shoe idea.

MR is stupid. Having to dump 5 forma on a kuva weapon for the sake of mastery is also stupid. With all that said - if you're at a point in the game where you're farming kuva weapons, you'll also be collecting plenty of mods, prime parts and other valuable stuff you don't want, which can be traded for platinum. A single forma is 20 plat. They cost even less when you buy them in bulk. Any semi-decent player can generate that with very little effort. And yes, somebody had to buy the platinum you're getting for your stuff. So freaking what? Lots of people buy platinum every day. It's the only way Warframe can exist as a Free2Play game. Doesn't mean you as a player are forced to do the same if you don't want to shell out for your forma. Yes, sure, you can skip all the trading, throw a bit of money at the screen and straight-up buy the forma to get a bit of extra mastery. If anyone cares about mastery that much, I'm happy for them to spend the money. Anything to support this game. At the end of the day, whether or not you'd consider that "pay2win" is probably up to your personal definition of "winning", but I don't see what the big deal is. I'm more annoyed at the fact you have to slap 5 forma on these suckers to get the most MR out of them. I just don't care about MR enough to bother.

Edited by Berserkerkitten
  • Like 3