The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do the lack of dev streams concern you?

InsuranceFraud

Maybe we’re just spoiled, Im used to DE keeping us mostly in the loop. This year it feels like, especially since Tenno con, we’ve had very little information on certain topics. Rail and New War have been pretty much radio silence with the occasional art asset on streams. Planes of Duviri is probably 2021 at this point. 

2018: 21 Dev Streams 

2019: 10 Dev Streams 

It seems like things are just really slowing down. 

Is this concerning to anyone else? The radio silence on Railjack and New War especially seems troublesome. Feels like we may not see either until next year. 

Edited by AshArbiter
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AshArbiter said:

Is this concerning to anyone else? The radio silence on Railjack and New War especially seems troublesome.

I see no problems with it. If they want to do less streams so be it. It’s not like Streams will make it come quicker.

• Like 2

they kinda do a lot more shows around the world in place of devstream to be honest, and seem like the trend is having stuff announce in prime time, which kinda upset me a bit. 

I don't think it's a problem, more like inevitable that it would slow down eventually *insert thanos meme here*

Well how much is there for them to show us? They've gone fully into the trend of working on "massive" updates that take months or even a year to make.

And considering how the community has previously acted over things that changes mid development or to content leaks that we weren't intended to have I doubt they want to show much "in progress" work.

Yeah, I'm really wondering what's up with that. It might just be coincidence, though. The whole Tokyo game show thing also made them delay a stream like three times. The problem might just be that there's either not enough content to show off, or maybe DE just wants to be more secretive about what they're making. Whatever it is, I really miss those consistent devstreams.

Edited by lennieplop60

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

We aren’t going to see either until next year. And likely maybe not even next year.

De has a lot to fix and I feel like that should be their priority rn but again that’s just my personal opinion 

I agree: They did announce New War for Christmas this year but it seems impossible at this point. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lennieplop60 said:

Yeah, I'm really wondering what's up with that. It might just be coincidence, though. The whole Tokyo game show thing also made them delay a stream like three times. The problem might just be that there's either not enough content to show off, or maybe DE just wants to be more secretive about what they're making. Whatever it is, I really miss those consistent devstreams.

Yeah and that was frustrating. Obviously they need to promote the game and do what they gotta do but delaying the stream a handful of times was dumb to say the least. 

"I don't know guys, should we spend over a hour of our work day recapping some of our efforts we already discuss at length in internal meetings already for everyone else... or just work during that time"

"Have Rebecca play on the dev build?"

"Rerorerorerorerorero."

• Like 1

Do the lack of "Dev streams" or ( "let's make fun of Reb" "sexual innuendo sexual innuendo" "look at all this cool S#&$ you can't have gringe hour reeeeeee") concern me? NOPE, they are pointless and a complete waste of time. I'd rather they just show us stuff during prime times (although prime times can still be just as cringe), and just save that hour, hour fifteen for making cinematic trailers. Get back to the lore. It's what made WF great imo. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

what are you talking about? the fact that you know about duviri, new war, railjack, melee 3, kuva liches, gas city rework, the space combat thing, all those prove that DE IS keeping you in the loop.

some people here are smoking some heavy sh*t, I swear. is there anything else that concerns you while playing that free game?? do tell.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

what are you talking about? the fact that you know about duviri, new war, railjack, melee 3, kuva liches, gas city rework, the space combat thing, all those prove that DE IS keeping you in the loop.

All of which was or could be shown at TENNOCON, or even Prime times with various guest devs actually playing thier game. But nah GringeStream is a better use of time. /s

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

1 hour ago, tzadquiel said:

some people here are smoking some heavy sh*t, I swear. is there anything else that concerns you while playing that free game?? do tell.

I don't see what's wrong for asking for a bit more communication, like he said, we've seen it before. After all this time railjack has been in development, shouldn't they have something. Besides that. I'm sure we've all payed for this game. F2p or not, nothing wrong with asking for better at this point. I don't see why you guys defend this mmo like they don't owe you S#&$. The game wouldn't exist if people didn't pay. I god damn know I did. And I know I'm not the only one with all these waframe packs every damn 3 months costing 60 dollars like that stuff if actually worth it.

You're telling me no one has spent prob more money on this game to afford two other games at least.

And even if you didnt spend any money my guy. I want you to talk too. It's your right, use it.

Like I don't see why you gotta come here and imply people are on something to not be another number on a paper and ask for something different. Especially when its reasonable.

People say this community great and this forum has got me feeling like ya right.

Edited by Pallie
pissed off a this dude and this forum thats why

2 hours ago, AshArbiter said:

Maybe we’re just spoiled, Im used to DE keeping us mostly in the loop. This year it feels like, especially since Tenno con, we’ve had very little information on certain topics. Rail and New War have been pretty much radio silence with the occasional art asset on streams. Planes of Duviri is probably 2021 at this point. 

2018: 21 Dev Streams 

2019: 10 Dev Streams 

It seems like things are just really slowing down. 

Is this concerning to anyone else? The radio silence on Railjack and New War especially seems troublesome. Feels like we may not see either until next year. 

each stream keeps at least 6 people from working for ~1.5 hours (1 hour stream +15 mins at beginning and end)

that's 9 work hours not used on the update/other important business

If they want to do less atreams to work on updates instead of talking about them, than that's allright by me.

• Like 2