Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag lil buff

Good night.

Came here to ask for a small buff to mag, started playing the frame this week, shes very good and all. But some stuff of her kit are lackluster.

Change the passive, thats useless with vacuum and fetch. Give it the ability to restore shields whit energy spent at 100% rate.

and Crush, the skill is useless rn. Polarize is much better killing trash mobs than it. Change Crush to a radial wave that do 400 + 400 / 500 + 500 / 725 + 725 / 1000 + 1000 magnetic + blast damage. Give it status chance, so will have some CC. Give it the same range and duration of Polarize. U can get rid of the bonus dmg of Crush + Magnetize, another useless stuff. And give it shield regen + overshields.

GG, its so easy to see and make. Cheers.

Edited by ShiruBiru
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Crush is meant to deal a little damage, give you some breathing room with a little CC, but mostly give you and your teams overshields. 

Less than a sec CC, overshilds? Bruh it give what? 200 overshield at best? cmon.

Dmg will stay low, will just change to magnetic + blast.

I can't see any of those changes doing much at all for her.

The passive change is redundant with Polarize and Crush while her current passive is useful if you either don't run Fetch/Vacuum or your companion is dead.

Also magnetic as a damage type is just as mediocre as blast. Both are weak to the two types of Grineer armor which matters little when she can strip it anyways. It also already has CC effects with the suspension and knockdown.

If she needs a change it's to rework Magnetic procs like Ember got for Heat.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Crush is meant to deal a little damage, give you some breathing room with a little CC, but mostly give you and your teams overshields. 

Yea, idk why everyone expects an ability that can do damage, should only be used for its damage. With crush you can get maxed over shield with what, 1-2 casts? 

15 hours ago, No1NParticular31 said:

Um no. If you don't like Magnetize, it's because you haven't learned to use it properly. Mag is a "boss" destroying machine when used properly and with the right type of weapons.

not the skill magnetize, God. u guys cant read.

What ppl see with mag passive? Crush overshield only work for star chart stuff, lvl 150+ that means nothing.... What u guys think if it was at least a radial wave, much better no?

Edited by ShiruBiru

They need to look at shields in general if Mag is ever going to be any good.  As it stands Magnetize is her only good ability, and Polarize is only good with its augment.  If shields were actually any kind of defense, she would be great.

2 hours ago, Zekkii said:

They need to look at shields in general if Mag is ever going to be any good.  As it stands Magnetize is her only good ability, and Polarize is only good with its augment.  If shields were actually any kind of defense, she would be great.

thats exactly what im saying here, all what we do is spawn 2 and 3 + augment... Instead of overshields, Crush cud give shield regen and overshield, and being a radial wave will help alot with mag survivability...

Edited by ShiruBiru

6 hours ago, ShiruBiru said:

not the skill magnetize, God. u guys cant read.

What ppl see with mag passive? Crush overshield only work for star chart stuff, lvl 150+ that means nothing.... What u guys think if it was at least a radial wave, much better no?

Read the guide I linked you.

5 hours ago, Zekkii said:

Same goes for you. Read the guide.

^ I agree shields are not good except for hildryn due to several things specific to her (like her passive and the fact that you can go vazarin because you don't need Zenurik dash).
The ability to spend a lot of energy to have a mere 2k shields only if ennemies are close is just "survival" not "tanking", and even with adaptation it won't prevent from being one-shot (for that purpose rolling guard can be even better).

I'm a Mag main, I've even soloed the Profit taker with her, I've tried with a "normal" build, the 2k shields were out in less than 2s (literally, I recorded it), then I went for a specific build and done it but it was "not playing mag" (Vazarin Dash, rolling guard, adaptation... these 3 things makes the profit taker doable by any frame).

Edited by MonsterOfMyOwn