Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think PVP can be successful ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

3 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Lots of people thought eating tide pods was a good thing. Public opinion does not determine the quality of the subject in question

Wtf is this post.

No, because you compare against everyone else.

Compared to the rest of the world, the number of idiots eating tide pods is incredibly small, just like the population of people who enjoy conclave is small when compared to the whole playerbase. Did you really think there was a point to be made with that?

• Like 4

Conclave is long dead and for a good reason. DE never really bothered to "invest" into pvp content and to be honest I'm not surprised. With the constant additions of new frames and weapons it becomes more and more difficult to balance conclave and to top it all off there's no point in engaging it since you don't realistically get any benefits from it. Can it be successful? Absolutely. But not in that state.

For conclave to actually be relevant it needs a total nuke and start from scratch. Progressively add frames and weapons one by one to see how they fare and do the same with the mods.

Edited by adek183
typo

Ok can I have some real talk about Conclave? I gave it a fair try, and what I think brings it down the most is the fact that the infrastructure around it is weak and some aspects are half-baked. I mean the core of a fast-paced arena shooter is ok, but everything around it just requires tuning and attention before it can get attractive enough, and this is ignoring current broken melee and ability balance.

First of all, connectivity is a big issue. Dedicated servers are few, and for some people (me included) they are located simply too far, which results in having a terrible latency. I don't think I should explain why playing a fast paced pvp with ping 200+ feels bad. You can get lucky and host yourself, but then it sucks for others because you have an advantage as host (and maybe still laggy for others). In particular, lunaro is very sensitive to latency and host issues. No dedicated servers for this mode (as far as I could see), and if your host is far, you can just afk the game because it will be a pain to play. When your ability to have dedicated games is extremely limitied and the pvp game modes are sensitive to high latency, there is no way a lot of people will stick around.

Then we have other problems with game modes. Capture the cephalon (basically a good old capture the flag) is a dead mode simply because it has completely random spawns (including spawning on top of enemy flag). Random spawns in a CTF mode? Are you serious? Who do you think is going to play this?

And then we go into things like map sizes (some are big, some are small, yet the number of people allowed is the same), no server browser of any kind (and lets be honest its not going to happen here), no way to properly host yourself/having options/rotations.

Unfortunately, reality is that in order for pvp to be successful, a lot of work should be put into it, especially in its base,  and DE simply doesn't have it as priority, nor will it considering the lack of interest from the general populace. Some mini-games or screw around modes? Maybe, but again, anyone fresh who enters it will deal with connection issues if he is unlucky enough, either because the dedicated server is too far, or because the dedicated server is busy and you have to join a manual host game with poor connection.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

On 2020-02-13 at 9:07 PM, DeMonkey said:

Wtf is this post.

No, because you compare against everyone else.

Compared to the rest of the world, the number of idiots eating tide pods is incredibly small, just like the population of people who enjoy conclave is small when compared to the whole playerbase. Did you really think there was a point to be made with that?

Damn man how many times you going to say the same things over and over again.  If you think conclave isnt a good game mode then play something else why the need to bother yourself with this thread. We clearly can tell you dont like conclave with 90% of your posts contradicting others with the same exact point. We clearly dont share your view and you've clearly told us your view quite enough lul.

Just now, (XB1)GameGhost123 said:

Responding to someone who didn't quote me 🤗

Exactly.

If you don't want me to tell you conclave is bad because I'm repeating myself, perhaps... don't quote me out of the blue? Everything you just said about "we get it, you're repeating yourself, 90% of your posts" applies to you, for attempting to continue an argument by quoting a day old post.

Once more for good measure, Conclave is a poor PvP mode. :wink:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Ok can I have some real talk about Conclave? I gave it a fair try, and what I think brings it down the most is the fact that the infrastructure around it is weak and some aspects are half-baked. I mean the core of a fast-paced arena shooter is ok, but everything around it just requires tuning and attention before it can get attractive enough, and this is ignoring current broken melee and ability balance.

First of all, connectivity is a big issue. Dedicated servers are few, and for some people (me included) they are located simply too far, which results in having a terrible latency. I don't think I should explain why playing a fast paced pvp with ping 200+ feels bad. You can get lucky and host yourself, but then it sucks for others because you have an advantage as host (and maybe still laggy for others). In particular, lunaro is very sensitive to latency and host issues. No dedicated servers for this mode (as far as I could see), and if your host is far, you can just afk the game because it will be a pain to play. When your ability to have dedicated games is extremely limitied and the pvp game modes are sensitive to high latency, there is no way a lot of people will stick around.

Then we have other problems with game modes. Capture the cephalon (basically a good old capture the flag) is a dead mode simply because it has completely random spawns (including spawning on top of enemy flag). Random spawns in a CTF mode? Are you serious? Who do you think is going to play this?

And then we go into things like map sizes (some are big, some are small, yet the number of people allowed is the same), no server browser of any kind (and lets be honest its not going to happen here), no way to properly host yourself/having options/rotations.

Unfortunately, reality is that in order for pvp to be successful, a lot of work should be put into it, especially in its base,  and DE simply doesn't have it as priority, nor will it considering the lack of interest from the general populace. Some mini-games or screw around modes? Maybe, but again, anyone fresh who enters it will deal with connection issues if he is unlucky enough, either because the dedicated server is too far, or because the dedicated server is busy and you have to join a manual host game with poor connection.

Some good points, although I still think matchmaker is even more important.

5 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Some good points, although I still think matchmaker is even more important.

Well, a matchmaker would work if there were more players but there will only be more players if DE puts some work into the mode, but DE will only put work into the mode if there are more players. It is a vicious cycle of neglect.

22 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Exactly.

If you don't want me to tell you conclave is bad because I'm repeating myself, perhaps... don't quote me out of the blue? Everything you just said about "we get it, you're repeating yourself, 90% of your posts" applies to you, for attempting to continue an argument by quoting a day old post.

Once more for good measure, Conclave is a poor PvP mode. :wink:

Sorry just felt like quoting another day old post

On 2020-02-06 at 12:41 AM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

we pretty much have that now in Conclave, and that was the intent with Conclave 2.0.

There are no mastery rank advantages in Conclave.

How so?

People still wouldn't like it because they are always looking for ways to disparage PvP. One of the good things about the PvP we have now is the diversity of choice that is given to players. Nearly everything is viable and can even be dominant in some situations.

No we dont, players lack mods and others have the majority, thats a clear undeniable advantage.

I didnt mean mastery rank

Because theres weapons a lot better than others that not everyone has access to

Yeah, if you have good weapons and mods

4 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

No we dont, players lack mods and others have the majority, thats a clear undeniable advantage.

Until rank 3-4 of conclave it's in a "starter queue" of sorts nobody really uses mods and there are very few "smurfs" on wf pvp so it's pretty much an even playing field. 

4 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

The mods in Conclave really don't offer that large of an advantage.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Until rank 3-4 of conclave it's in a "starter queue"

I believe a re-phrasal of that statement is necessary. Until rank 4, you have the option of participating in "recruit conditioning" which is the starter queue you referred to. It isn't forced upon the new player and they can toggle it on/off at their own leisure. 

Why doesn’t the small team that works on pvp create a thread and let players give out their ideas for pvp I’ve had hour long conversations with friends about how to revamp the pvp in warframe 

ps please for the love of all things holy let their be no battle royal maybe a team death match with objectives in the open world map or create a moba type pvp system 

Edited by (PS4)Shadow_-_Archer

I’d make pvp completely different from the main game in balancing make weapons that you can only get and use in pvp along with mods for each warframe set it up like the card system in paladins every frame has so many mods to choose from the effect gameplay and abilities so each person can have a custom build 

then I’d set the game modes up like a moba you kill ads to get credits to buy mods to complete your build and destroy towers a moba pvp and warframes gameplay would be amazing