The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think PVP can be successful ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

On 2020-06-04 at 10:00 PM, stormy505 said:

There really isn't a logical reason to invest development time into pvp content in Warframe. Imagine a vegan restaurant trying to design a burger to sell to it's consumer base. Regardless of how amazing the burger is, because the consumer base is made up of 99.9% vegans, they won't have any interest in the burger.

I don’t know if you have heard of the impossible burger but it’s quite popular, this is a reach but if DE wanted and the player base was willing to try it I believe Conclave can become the impossible burger of warframe. We’ve discussed the problems of conclave in this thread but I guess I can list some, first of all the skill gap between dedicated pvp players and new PvP players in warframe is like night and day, it needs to be lowered also there is a lot of lag & sever issues in conclave . But honestly any kind of work towards conclave would be appreciated at this point . 

• Like 1

Probably a better chance of this thread dying than PvP getting worked on...

If DE let the people that are keeping this thread alive a chance to work in the PvP code it might actually be successful...

Do I think this thread (started Nov 17 2019) will ever die or get locked? No...which is the answer to this topic as well.

Yes

They just need to take it back to the basics. Story wise it would make sense to have Teshin issue each Tenno identical training gear. Creating a balanced  place to build from. Then freshen things up with more fleshed out game modes like Capture the Cephalon similar to old UT CTF. The biggest issue would be servers, but you can get around that by allowing hosted servers like we did back during the Unreal Tournament times.

I just do not see them taking the time to work on any of these, including Lunaro which has potential. Shame really.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

nah repo man is just going to keep necroing the thread like he has for the past 2 months, kinda sad shows how conclave is that dead 

He is interested. I am interested many of us are interested. 

We think that it has potential. If you are not interested in it why post in this thread?

20 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

He is interested. I am interested many of us are interested. 

We think that it has potential. If you are not interested in it why post in this thread?

Because the OP asked a question to the general playerbase. If he wanted answers from only active conclave players he would have asked it in... https://forums.warframe.com/forum/114-conclave/ sub forums!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because the OP asked a question to the general playerbase. If he wanted answers from only active conclave players he would have asked it in... https://forums.warframe.com/forum/114-conclave/ sub forums!

Why you keep posting here? You are not interested. 

He can necro post as much he wants because he is interested and many of us are interested. If you are not going to contribute pick another thread to talk about the game. 

Thank you. 

20 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Why you keep posting here? You are not interested. 

He can necro post as much he wants because he is interested and many of us are interested. If you are not going to contribute pick another thread to talk about the game. 

Thank you. 

I'm also interested since we may get bad ideas here aswell that may effect the PvE part of the game, just like some of the ideas on the conclave forums that begs DE to "fix" melee since the new system has too much negative impact on PvP.

And uh last I checked necro posting when your own post is the latest is against the forum rules of conduct if I'm not mistaken. And I have contributed, I've also pulled up answers directly from DE since the two of you couldnt be bothered to find them on your own, like when you had hopes and dreams regarding dedicated servers on console. Which likely has less chance to happen than all of us getting Thanos snapped out of exsistance.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

You do realise necroing threads is against fourms rules,it's why I'm calling out repo man for doing it constantly 

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

You do realise necroing threads is against fourms rules,it's why I'm calling out repo man for doing it constantly 

Contradiction. 

Don't police the thread. If the thread is gone don't bump it. Let the moderation team do the job. You rather contribute or ignore the thread. Easy. 

Edited by Felsagger

37 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And I have contributed....

Yes you contributed with zero participation in conclave. Your own account proved that you where contradicting yourself. Sorry but your stance here is irrelevant. Whatever you say will fall in deaf ears. 

11 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Yes you contributed with zero participation in conclave. Your own account proved that you where contradicting yourself. Sorry but your stance here is irrelevant. Whatever you say will fall in deaf ears. 

Except that I didnt start the talk about the conclave, my first was regarding DS, which had nothing in common with the conclave we have now. So demanding conclave experience to discuss flaws of an old system that is different in the setup is like saying that someone cant have input on "raid" (the old mission type, not trials) since they've never played survival extensively. 

And I think my first comment regarding conclave was that it would be a waste of time and resources since it has so little participation. Which also requires no real knowledge about the game mode itself to see that it has little participation (and lack of proper servers at that). It has even been proved in this thread how little participation it has, with posts such as those boasting about how they had a successful 64 player conclave tournament. 

edit: 64 players would be extremely small even if the concurrent number was 1000, it would be even smaller at 10k concurrent, while in reality we have several times that concurrent number and only 64 players of those were interested in a tournament. 

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Except that I didnt start the talk about the conclave, my first was regarding DS, which had nothing in common with the conclave we have now. So demanding conclave experience to discuss flaws of an old system that is different in the setup is like saying that someone cant have input on "raid" (the old mission type, not trials) since they've never played survival extensively. 

And I think my first comment regarding conclave was that it would be a waste of time and resources since it has so little participation. Which also requires no real knowledge about the game mode itself to see that it has little participation (and lack of proper servers at that). It has even been proved in this thread how little participation it has, with posts such as those boasting about how they had a successful 64 player conclave tournament. 

I know, you have a spasmodic obsessive compulsion of replying people to no end. Carry on, you don't have control of your own condition.

Take care. I don't want to end up being accused of ableism again. Do as you please. 

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I know, you have a spasmodic obsessive compulsion of replying people to no end. Carry on, you don't have control of your own condition.

Take care. I don't want to end up being accused of ableism again. Do as you please. 

Then why do you keep answering back?

You should also read the forum guidelines since you like to nitpick on my lack of experience in conclave and you've been nitpicking on other people's experience regarding other things in other threads. Not that I care myself, but you might in your future forum endevours, since someone else may evertually end up reporting you for singeling them out due to such things.

1) RESPECT - Let’s respect each-other and have fun. Respecting people means not insulting anyone’s race, religion, sexual orientation, skill-level, platform preference, or any other possible way to make someone feel uncomfortable in the Warframe community.

1a) BULLYING - Our forums are a place of understanding, and players with disabilities, handicaps, language barriers, etc should not be treated any differently. There is zero tolerance for bullying in our forums. Picking on, or pointing out, others’ flaws is anything but constructive. 

And regarding the necro thing. Reposting in the same thread after his own message already being the most recent (and outdated) would likely end up as post spam. I guess there is a grey area there if you reply to several people in a thread and want to seperate the answer since they cover different things and it is easier for the reciever to only have to read through the answer directed to them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Conclave will never be successful on console without dedicated servers. Since DE isn't going to waste money on dedicated servers, we ain't getting a better PvP end of story!

I hope that such reality changes for the PS5. If I can transfer the account to PC I would but right now I'm in the PS4. If cross save becomes a reality I'll gladly visit the PC servers for matches in War Frame. We want to test and see how viable this becomes. If there are cross saves, War Frame PvP could see a growth. I wish this takes place soon. If War Frame gets more popularity and players, I'm sure DE will have business for a long time and a growth in their development team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm also interested since we may get bad ideas here aswell that may effect the PvE part of the game,

Everyone kinda agrees you should buzz off.

Nothing about PvE is likely to be effected by PvP.

The most that happens is that PvP has rewards that you want, but can't get in PvE. You either trade for them, or learn to live without it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Apparently one person = everyone now

Nice try, but I see about half a dozen people or more getting tired of a person who has never played conclave, who has no interest in playing conclave, and knows nothing about PvP in warframe period talking about it.

Somebody even looked him up and confirmed he had 0 kills, and 0 deaths in conclave. This means that he has no idea what he has talking about, is about as incorrect as you could be on this particular opinion, and has an uniformed opinion.

They will have their opinion considered, when they actually have a decent understanding of PvP content in warframe.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Apparently one person = everyone now

Here's a quick list of other people who have commented on Marvin's lack of any real input.

7 hours ago, Felsagger said:

This is a moderator, addressing the very same thing.

On 2020-05-22 at 2:52 PM, Letter13 said:

There's a big difference between 'Yes Sayers' and constructive discussion. "Just remove it" is not constructive in the slightest. It doesn't add anything of value.

If you don't like or don't want PvP, there's no real reason for you to respond or engage in discussion in this thread. Assume PvP is here to stay. Perhaps instead of "Don't like it would rather it be removed" you could think about something like 'What would make PvP more appealing to me?' and chime in accordingly? Unless of course the answer is still "Don't like it would rather it be removed" in which case it may be better to simply not engage in the discussion at all. Just because it's posted to General Discussion doesn't mean you have to view it and reply to it. 

On 2020-05-19 at 8:25 PM, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Okay. Feel free to provide your chart at any time. To the best of my knowledge, that is the only chart like that they have shown. I'll be waiting.

How can I be a zerger when the mode is limited to 4v4? This isn't complicated man.

You have 0 kills in the PvP in Warframe. Here are your stats unknown.png?width=501&height=427

Very ironic that you are attempting to have a position on what PvP is and isn't.

On 2020-05-20 at 4:52 PM, Danielw8 said:

041b6ddb16.jpg

EF5caxwXoAE0AB5.jpg

So in total, just passing through the most recent pages, about 5 people including a moderator.

You would assume that Marvin would have taken the hint from the moderator, sadly it isn't so. How about you and Marvin say something accurate for once.

• Like 1

I think after so many years and several failed attempts to reinvigorate Conclave, there isn't much to discuss on this subject. PvP has been consistently ignored by the overwhelming majority of the community, to the point where the devs stopped trying to improve it at all. It's more than obvious at this point that our playerbase consists mostly of people with no interest on PvP, or at least PvP in Warframe. The players don't have the interest, and DE doesn't have the resources.

Just now, General-Pacman said:

PvP has been consistently ignored

PvP was ignored when there wasn't a reward worth it. Dark Sector PvP wasn't ignored. When Conclave first came out, people did it for the rewards. Give Conclave actual rewards, conclave specific weapons that are good, make conclave mods (Like the Latron mod) use-able in PvE and people will have interest.

I would honestly love if I could use the Nyx PvP augment in PvE along with the Terminator Nyx Augment. Walking inescapable CC.

• Like 2