Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New toxic habit "Lich Greifing", Stab your lich please?

Remedyheart

3 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

DE wanted you to farm Thralls and fully/almost fully unveiling all the necessary Requiems before attempting to actually stab the Lich. That whole thing where the enemy gets stronger with every failed attempt? That's in place to discourage you from playing the way you play. If you want to insist on bruteforcing and relying on others to help, then let the people who don't want to deal with the same problem play their way and wait your turn. You won't die if you get your 'Ugly Grineer Gun #26' a little later.

Do elaborate on the abuse though. Is bringing a Tanky Frame + Strong Gun against a Tanky Boss abuse now?

Wrong...once you finish all your nodes your lich levels up anyways. So you either stab and guess or not. Doesn't matter if you choose not to do so the lich will level up.

Your difficulty point of the arguement ends there. Because the lich will be level four before you kill it unless your lucky guess some mods and kill it at level three.

A nemesis system is suppose to grow with you. So saying that's not part of the system is just...sooo wrong. That was why Shadow of Mordor became legendary. Difficulty growth.

On 2019-11-17 at 9:07 PM, DeMonkey said:

Since when is it good game design to require players kill themselves over and over in trial and error? I'm sorry, I won't partake in that. I play video games for fun, not efficient farming, dying isn't fun and should be reserved for when I make a mistake, not because it's considered a requirement for progress, and potentially not even my own progress.

On 2019-11-17 at 9:04 PM, Aldain said:

Because nobody wants to admit that DE -clem-ed up royal.

Guess which two people said DE messed up with the automatic deaths first in the thread?

THESE TWO (and DatDarkOne agreed shortly after) on page ONE.

And guess what the whole issue we had with the system was for this entire thread.

AND THE TOPIC CREATOR JUST AGREED WITH SOMEBODY ON THAT EXACT PROBLEM.

Meanwhile we're called toxic and told we have no point.

mic drop GIF

Just now, Aldain said:

Guess which two people said DE messed up with the automatic deaths first in the thread?

THESE TWO (and DatDarkOne agreed shortly after) on page ONE.

And guess what the whole issue we had with the system was for this entire thread.

AND THE TOPIC CREATOR JUST AGREED WITH SOMEBODY ON THAT EXACT PROBLEM.

Meanwhile we're called toxic and told we have no point.

mic drop GIF

So they complain and  complain and complain and refused to partake? And then say otherwise that players who played the system says its fun but...somehow we're wrong?

Yup this is the Catchmoon all over again.

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

You've missed one thing, I have zero intention of ever making a Lich or dealing with the system at all until the automatic death is no longer a thing.

I can't grief anyone with a Lich because I won't and never will have one until the change happens.

So what does that make somebody like me who refuses to interact with a system that he knows causes discontent in others?

A smart man all me and my friends got our liches together this morning because we were all hype after that we went our separate ways and farmed our liches. Not once has anyone complained that I don't stab my lich and better yet people just go on about their day and continue the mission like nothing happened. If someone else stabs their lich it's fine as well. We continue to farm how we want in the mission. Mind you these are complete strangers. Heck we even fought a level 5 lich with a random who didn't wanna Stab him and just pressed on and.completed the mission and farmed mumurs. I'm just chopping this up to forum hero's whining because after a day of playing with the lich system the actual players aren't having an issue. I think those complaining on the forums are just the vocal minority  (who woulda thought lol) but eh I'll do some more testing when I get off

26 minutes ago, (XB1)VaricBreem said:

*stores away pitchforks and torches*  gees gotta be civil and suck the fun out of it...

Sorry lads, no burning at the stake today.

26 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

You're not as wholesome as you make it out to be.

Darn, I've been rumbled.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

A smart man all me and my friends got our liches together this morning because we were all hype after that we went our separate ways and farmed our liches. Not once has anyone complained that I don't stab my lich and better yet people just go on about their day and continue the mission like nothing happened. If someone else stabs their lich it's fine as well. We continue to farm how we want in the mission. Mind you these are complete strangers. Heck we even fought a level 5 lich with a random who didn't wanna Stab him and just pressed on and.completed the mission and farmed mumurs. I'm just chopping this up to forum hero's whining because after a day of playing with the lich system the actual players aren't having an issue. I think those complaining on the forums are just the vocal minority  (who woulda thought lol) but eh I'll do some more testing when I get off

That's fine but not everyone is your friend and that's great.

What about me?

First I want to thank you for trying. I definitely am trying to understand and tried it solo. I can't get into it myself. And have agreed yes both ways are viable but the fact remains. That lich AI can control too much of public mission that it can be considered greifing.

Just now, Remedyheart said:

So they complain and  complain and complain and refused to partake? And then say otherwise that players who played the system says its fun but...somehow we're wrong?

Yup this is the Catchmoon all over again.

You just agreed with somebody that making the Lich not kill you is an easy solution.

DeMonkey and I said as much on the first page days ago.

You somehow ignored that, told us our dislike of the automatic deaths was silly, and then turned around and agreed with somebody on the EXACT THING you called us silly for.

You just outed yourself that you haven't read a single thing either of us have posted all thread long, you twisted our words, or substituted your words for ours, and then retroactively agreed with us by agreeing with somebody saying the EXACT same thing we said made us not like the system.

• Like 2

Just now, Aldain said:

You just agreed with somebody that making the Lich not kill you is an easy solution.

You somehow ignored that, told us our dislike of the automatic deaths was silly, and then turned around and agreed with somebody on the EXACT THING you called us silly for.

You just outed yourself that you haven't read a single thing either of us have posted all thread long, you twisted our words, or substituted your words for ours, and then retroactively agreed with us by agreeing with somebody saying the EXACT same thing we said made us not like the system.

Because I don't get how you dislike it so much. How is a nemesis suppose to be threatening? Why are you complaining about a mechanic that means nothing when you gain a bunch from it.

The fun part is the weapons the rewards and finally overcoming your lich. Like you complained about the grind you complained about an automatic death.

I can't complain about one player literally forcing stacks of extra missions on players? Because they literally block progression?

Wtf...?

2 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

That's fine but not everyone is your friend and that's great.

What about me?

First I want to thank you for trying. I definitely am trying to understand and tried it solo. I can't get into it myself. And have agreed yes both ways are viable but the fact remains. That lich AI can control too much of public mission that it can be considered greifing.

They don't control too much of a public mission you're just not geared For your lich being honest. Running with a random a getting his lvl 5 lich really showed me that there the same pushover enemies that we know and love. And heck I've been running around with the kronen prime and wisp Melee only all day. It wasn't hard. Nobody died from liches in all my runs today with varying levels of liches from randoms and I can say I actually made friends and bonded with randoms over lich banter stabbing them or not. Because we understood that none of us could tell each other how to play. We all knew that this is.public matchmaking and in turn we may have different views playstyles and ways to play etc.

I'm just gonna assume this is a Playstation thing now and just say you pc plebs are too sensitive for us mature men over here 

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It hurt itself in confusion is what happened 

4 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Because I don't get how you dislike it so much. How is a nemesis suppose to be threatening? Why are you complaining about a mechanic that means nothing when you gain a bunch from it.

You don't get it, but you just agreed with somebody by saying:

17 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

This would help a ton actually. I approve and agree.

Do you get it or not?

Because the players who say they don't like the death are saying it for much the same reason others are, they don't like having to die to the Lich automatically, it isn't fun to them.

So by agreeing with that person that it would help, you've admitted that you think it is part of the reason why people aren't stabbing their Liches, which is the exact reason I think that people aren't stabbing their Liches.

It is just that simple, you agreed with somebody on the exact same thing I've been complaining about all week long, and never noticed until now.

Edited by Aldain

I'm just gonna assume this is a Playstation thing now and just say you pc plebs are too sensitive for us mature men over here 

Nah, people playing on PC actually know that it's faster to stab your lich, rather than outright refuse for "reasons"

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They don't control too much of a public mission you're just not geared For your lich being honest. Running with a random a getting his lvl 5 lich really showed me that there the same pushover enemies that we know and love. And heck I've been running around with the kronen prime and wisp Melee only all day. It wasn't hard. Nobody died from liches in all my runs today with varying levels of liches from randoms and I can say I actually made friends and bonded with randoms over lich banter stabbing them or not. Because we understood that none of us could tell each other how to play. We all knew that this is.public matchmaking and in turn we may have different views playstyles and ways to play etc.

So I can't play pubs then?

Honestly my grind today is pretty smooth and not one person wanted to "not stab their lich." So...I don't get it. Most players are just stabbing em anyways.

Now imagine when they don't.

Just now, -Jorsch- said:

Nah, people playing on PC actually know that it's faster to stab your lich, rather than outright refuse for "reasons"

See you guys cant even read sarcasm. And to think I wanted to transfer my account

Also it's not really faster. Playing pubs all day people who stabbed their lich pretty much had the same progression as me not stabbing mine 

Honestly my grind today is pretty smooth and not one person wanted to "not stab their lich." So...I don't get it. Most players are just stabbing em anyways.

In my experiences over like 19 liches, probally about 1 in 30 missions theres a person who refuses to stab.

Nobody said you couldn't play pubs but you clemd yourself stabbing your lich to no end now you can't Handle it (which you've admitted) going into pubs to try to get someone else to handle your lich for you is just sad man. See where stabbing ye lich got yer?  I don't care what you do cause at the end of the day I'm going to play how I want. 

See you guys cant even read sarcasm. And to think I wanted to transfer my account

Also it's not really faster. Playing pubs all day people who stabbed their lich pretty much had the same progression as me not stabbing mine 

Its like you didn't read anything...

When you try to help people and they refuse to take it.

Yes, because sarcasm is generally very easy to identify when written. /s

Ahh yes, because you are somehow able to individually track everyone you've played with's lich progress