Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New toxic habit "Lich Greifing", Stab your lich please?

Remedyheart

It's been over two weeks and the devs still haven't acknowledged any of the big issues people have been bringing up. Like, not a word. Oh yeah, murmurs for dying to your Lich, that's gonna fix people complaining about the instakill. Trade already converted Liches? Yeah, that's going to satisfy those saying there should be a way to skip the long grind needed to simply get rid of a Lich that spawned with a S#&$ty/duplicate gun. No consecutive duplicates? I'm sure that's helped people trying to get that one, last weapon for a complete collection.

There's potential, sure, but over the years, DE has been squandering it more and more. I'm not going to hold my breath for unrealized potential to become a reality if those who can make it such won't say a word on it.

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Here's hoping you can get rid of the guy, if I were still on PC I'd offer to help, but this potato of a laptop can't run it at even 5 fps.

Thanks. I can take him down without any problems, but the prospect of grinding Requiems and then spinning the wheel to see if I succeed just makes me want to uninstall.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

True but the potentiak here. Why is that ignored? Remember Fortuna and Plains?

Yeah. It'll get better.

Fortuna and planes are still very bad. Eidolons are time gated and the orb boss and alot of other good things in Fortuna are under a massive grind wall. Both open world's are empty boring and should I say lifeless

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Thanks. I can take him down without any problems, but the prospect of grinding Requiems and then spinning the wheel to see if I succeed just makes me want to uninstall.

I hear that, I may not make a Lich, but I will be grinding requiem relics when it launches on Switch and I truly fear that grind.

But maybe I'll get a few weapon exilus mods out of it, and making a Lich isn't required, so I can do it with no worries

13 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Fortuna and planes are still very bad. Eidolons are time gated and the orb boss and alot of other good things in Fortuna are under a massive grind wall. Both open world's are empty boring and should I say lifeless

Eidolons been time gated is what make it a little fun, going for 5 or 6 clears.

Edited by MPonder

On 2019-11-18 at 3:56 AM, tyreens said:

It is the fault of the mechanic and not of the players. 

The mechanics is flawed, but how is it not the players fault also. Why would you not want to attempt to kill your Lich. I had a new Lich the other day and had no idea what mods I needed. What did I do? I went and took one for my random squad, because I knew I'm preventing theirs to spawn. Turned out I had my first mod correct. Win win. Whenever you are preventing others from enjoying their game, YOU ARE SELFISH!!!

PS. I also enjoy if the Lich level up, because everything else in this game is so brain dead easy.

Edited by RunningChaos

1 minute ago, RunningChaos said:

The mechanics is flawed, but how is it not the players fault also. Why would you not want to attempt to kill your Lich. I had a new Lich the other day and had no idea what mods I needed. What did I do? I went and took one for my random squad, because I knew I'm preventing theirs to spawn. Turned out I had my first mod correct. Win win. Whenever you are preventing others from enjoying their game, YOU ARE SELFISH!!!

Oh wow yeah you're selfish for playing a video game that incentivizes solo play more then actual Co-op play. Regardless nice for you that good. Nobody is selfish for wanting to play how they want to play in a random setting and even soo it's not this terrible thing you guys treat it like.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

Or you could've gone to the recruiting chat and found other people who also dont want to stab their lich and just farm murmurs. That way you'd find out what mods you need and keep a low level lich. Now that is a true win win. But in such a case you're not telling people without good gear that they have to kneecap themselves and rely on others to kill the lich they made stronger for no good reason whatsoever.

Edited by Askorti
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Oh wow yeah you're selfish for playing a video game that incentivizes solo play more then actual Co-op play. Regardless nice for you that good. Nobody is selfish for wanting to play how they want to play in a random setting and even soo it's not this terrible thing you guys treat it like.

When "wanting to play how you want to" is stopping your squad from completing something? Yes you are selfish and if you think otherwise, you are a moron.

10 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

PS. I also enjoy if the Lich level up, because everything else in this game is so brain dead easy.

The best thing in old blood : right to troll other players legitimately.

Edited by Test-995

5 minutes ago, Askorti said:

Or you could've gone to the recruiting chat and found other people who also dont want to stab their lich and just farm murmurs. That way you'd find out what mods you need and keep a low level lich. Now that is a true win win. But in such a case you're not telling people without good gear that they have to kneecap themselves and rely on others to kill the lich they made stronger for no good reason whatsoever.

1. Going to recruiting chat is a good idea if you want to keep your Lich lvl low and is something people that doesn't want to stab their Lich should do, but they don't and that's selfish.

2. I do it in random squads, because I like the lvl to climb.

3. If your Lich lvl up because you stab it and your gear is low. Your team will help you 99% of the time.

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

The best thing in old blood : right to troll other players legitimately.

This I totally agree with and is the ONLY explanation for not stabbing you Lich, because it doesn't matter where you stand on the subject. There is a better way of doing it out there.

1. Going to recruiting chat is a good idea if you want to keep your Lich lvl low and is something people that doesn't want to stab their Lich should do, but they don't and that's selfish.

3. If your Lich lvl up because you stab it and your gear is low. Your team will help you 99% of the time.

What's this, round two? Three? Four?

How about both sides that care about the issue go to premade squads and leave PuGs to be the places where chaos reigns freely as always? 

You telling someone to do something directly detrimental to their gameplay simply for your benefit is just as, if not, more selfish.

Relying on other players is a great way to approach content, right? Eidolons? You're just supposed to kill them by joining a random squad and hoping they have the gear to take it down.

• Like 2

This I totally agree with and is the ONLY explanation for not stabbing you Lich, because it doesn't matter where you stand on the subject. There is a better way of doing it out there.

There's a better way of not needlessly dying?

Oh... yeah, uninstalling. Good point. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

There's a better way of not needlessly dying?

Oh... yeah, uninstalling. Good point. :tongue:

I say we organize a protest. Uninstall for a week or so, to see if DE takes notice. Warframe players have that kind of willpower, right?

Uh, there is a limit of "how I want to play" is allowed in a pub, in a game that requires Tank/Dps/Support, if you are support, I'd expect you heal, the tank to aggro and tank and the DPS to do damage, the freedom is in how you gonna do it as long as you do it. In pub Lich hunter, you stab, simple.

Just now, MPonder said:

Uh, there is a limit of "how I want to play" is allowed in a pub, in a game that requires Tank/Dps/Support, if you are support, I'd expect you heal, the tank to aggro and tank and the DPS to do damage, the freedom is in how you gonna do it as long as you do it. In pub Lich hunter, you stab, simple.

JqGmUK1.png

Show me where it says bruteforcing is the way it's meant to be done? Just because you say so? Well, in that case, with all due respect, no.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

When "wanting to play how you want to" is stopping your squad from completing something? Yes you are selfish and if you think otherwise, you are a moron.

But again just as you tell someone to go solo to hunt their lich or deal with you the same can be said about you wanting to Stab your lich etc. Still dosent negate the fact that a player can do whatever they'd like so long as it dosent violate an end user agreement or tos in game. Also why do people expect someone who you domt know to care about your lich or your wants. That's just close minded  saying to someone "Stab your lich so mine can spawn rawr" is just a selfish because  in reality most of you truly don't care about the rest it's only YOUR lich that matters. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RunningChaos said:

You telling others to stab their lich for your convenience is selfish. What's more, you're even forcing those people to rely on their teammates making them selfish on turn... In other words, no matter which way you go, stabbing the lich and not stabbing is going to make someone selfish.

I say: let pubs go the way they want instead of preaching your morals. If you want people to play in organized way, go with organized groups, as nature and common sense would dictate.

Edited by Askorti
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, MPonder said:

No. Simple brother. I'll farm my mumurs and finish the mission. Feel free to farm with me. If not just finish the mission and leave the squad afterwards or during!  Also may I add given the power creep in game nobody really sits down and plays a specific role in wf. Half the roster can do it all and what you can't do your operators / arcaines will. 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 2