Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are using the new heavy melee system to one-shot Eidolon weakspots

Jarriaga

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

I say we keep it. You can already 1shot parts with snipers, more comfortably so if you use a riven. Being able to use a Redeemer Prime sounds like we could use additional weapons compared to the same tired meta.

I agree. Anything that expands the Meta to the point that you have actual choices is good.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I say we keep it. You can already 1shot parts with snipers, more comfortably so if you use a riven. Being able to use a Redeemer Prime sounds like we could use additional weapons compared to the same tired meta.

This. Even when you get the hang of it, doing what Aweblade is doing in that vid is (IMO) trickier than stacking VS and sniping. It's a creative approach but the effects are neither new nor gamebreaking, plus it arguably looks pretty badass.   

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I also wish they didn't gave their damage reduction back (as well as Thumpers), as this would help make the hunts less intimidating and imposing to players who are new to the hunts (either they put them off for much later or they recently discovered the bounties from Konzu).

It was fun for me to hunt them down with the Buzlok instead of seeing just the Rubico Prime and some Lankas.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Anarbitrio said:

I agree. Anything that expands the Meta to the point that you have actual choices is good.

should just let eidolons die the moment they spawn, then you don't have to care about your loadout at all for the most meta options, right? c;

8 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

So nerf the meta so there's no more 1shots, encouraging players to select different weapons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can one shot limbs like this without something like Chroma buff or stripping armor with Sarpa. This guy is one shotting the limbs as a volt solo. I don't believe snipers are capable of this much raw damage, even with combo.

19 minutes ago, swinginman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can one shot limbs like this without something like Chroma buff or stripping armor with Sarpa. This guy is one shotting the limbs as a volt solo. I don't believe snipers are capable of this much raw damage, even with combo.

I one shot limbs with Volt all the time with my Rubico Prime and gladiator mods on vulklok. The addition of new ways doesn't seem to be making it any easier to me (In fact the final phase of the Eidolons as shown takes much longer than it traditionally does). 

I also find that the Paracesis being able to do that is very fitting.

50 minutes ago, Anarbitrio said:

I one shot limbs with Volt all the time with my Rubico Prime and gladiator mods on vulklok.

You mean vigilante? I specified that he was solo (only running one CP maximum) and that he isn't using something like the Sarpa to strip armor. I would love to see proof of you one shotting limbs under those conditions.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Good

While I agree the damage these heavy attacks do is kind of obscene, I don't think it's necessarily an issue when it comes to Eidolons. We've been one shotting limbs for years now, and I don't think the endeavor to prevent this is possible/worth it. We have so many ways of buffing weapon damage, you would need to either nerf every damage buffing ability, or lower weapon damage to unusability. If one shotting limbs without Warframe buffs/ armor strip is worthy of getting nerfed, so be it. But we have a billion different ways to one shot limbs, and imo it doesn't really matter. Eidolons were designed to not get one shot anyways, that's why they have 4-6 limbs. 

I live in a very rural area and my connection precludes me from squading up.  I used to be able to get a 2x3 in per night and thoroughly enjoyed it, while it lasted.

Suppose I’ll spend less time and significantly less money on this game...as i don’t appreciate these arbitrary, unannounced, significant changes.