Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Will Railjack Work?

Ianto_Ashur

I have played Warframe nearly 6 years.

People are loading into Arbitration survivals that don't understand how life support works. They've gotten through the entire star map and still think you're supposed to pop life support the second it shows up.

People load into the Index with Rhino with speed mods to pick up all the points and never turn them in to force the squad to fail on purpose.

People would rather "main" a frame than bring something that actually contributes to the mission objective.

So how is Railjack going to work? On the dev stream they emphasized how important squad cooperation is, but when you try to educate people on how the game works, they say "don't tell me how to play MY game." This is a cooperative, massively multiplayer online game. It's not YOUR game, it's EVERYONE'S game. Yet here we are, people loading into public missions either thinking this is a solo thing, or intentionally leeching off of other players.

I loaded into a requiem kuva survival with 2 unranked Ash Warframes. I was Nekros, actually being there, contributing to getting the mission done, and I kept picking these two Ash players up off of the floor. When I asked how their unranked Ashes were helping, I was accused of being whiny and toxic. How is pointing out that a person needs to CONTRIBUTE in a coop game toxic?

And now we have Railjack coming, which requires squad participation. And all you need to be on a Railjack crew, is to have an archwing. People that have access to ARBITRATIONS can't be bothered to figure out how to cooperate, and now it'll be totally cool if entirely new players that literally just got their archwings can join missions that require a veteran to build a ship that costs 6 million credits?

Literally... HOW is Railjack going to work? This game has been coop from the start, but when you have to resort to public squads, it's very clear that most people have no idea what coop means. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

Literally... HOW is Railjack going to work?

Simple... recruit people with a Mastery of at least 10 (or check their profile. If their logged hours are under 200, forget it.), friends, or clan mates. That way, you avoid the majority of the issues.

I'm already planning ahead in that respect.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

It will fail. It will flop. It will breakdown. It will collapse. It will be total loss. It will be deficient. It will be a bust. It will be misstep. It will be a deterioration. It will be a botch. It will be a wreck. It will be a flop. It will be a rout. It will bomb. It will be a sinking ship. It will be a lead ballon. It will be a fiasco.

Why? Because yes. It doesnt need a reason aside that its DE that is making them.Warframe has been dead since 2012. The corpse just has not noticed that yet.

In other news: LoL is also dead. DAMNIT YOUTUBE!! STOP SENDING ME THE ADDS OF A GAME WHERE THE SERVERS WERE ALREADY TURNED OFF!!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It will fail. It will flop. It will breakdown. It will collapse. It will be total loss. It will be deficient. It will be a bust. It will be misstep. It will be a deterioration. It will be a botch. It will be a wreck. It will be a flop. It will be a rout. It will bomb. It will be a sinking ship. It will be a lead ballon. It will be a fiasco.

Why? Because yes. It doesnt need a reason aside that its DE that is making them.Warframe has been dead since 2012. The corpse just has not noticed that yet.

In other news: LoL is also dead. DAMNIT YOUTUBE!! STOP SENDING ME THE ADDS OF A GAME WHERE THE SERVERS WERE ALREADY TURNED OFF!!

But you're still here responding to forums in 2019?

7 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Simple... recruit people with a Mastery of at least 10 (or check their profile. If their logged hours are under 200, forget it.), friends, or clan mates. That way, you avoid the majority of the issues.

I'm already planning ahead in that respect.

By recruit do you mean recruit to your own clan? Or just find people and make friends?

Just now, TheMightyAsylum said:

But you're still here responding to forums in 2019?

Of course I am! I work as a gravedigger. I must make sure the corpses stay down.

No, I dont dig them up for... recreative activities. Why do people always ask me that?

Spoiler

Serious answer: Tbh, I'm unsure. People seem to hate taking roles here. Or any type of commitment.

So I dont know how PUGing this game mode will work with the mindset this community has. I guess it works in... "Guns of Icarus"? I think thats the game with a similar mode (but its PvP)?

Raids did work for the people who did them. So getting others to coordinate shouldnt be an issue as long as they are not demanding or screaming at each other. Specially since DE wants to give worth to that "Co-Op" tag the game has.

Considering you need to be in a Clan to even start building your Railjack, I think it's pretty clear that DE is promoting pre-made squads as the default system for co-op Railjack. PUGs have always been pure anarchy in just about any given game, there's not really much that can be done about that. Even if there was a mandatory tutorial quest before any player is allowed to join a Railjack mission, there are still going to be players who willingly ignore that knowledge. There is no way you will obtain any reliable results from randomly selecting players without any prior knowledge of their skill level.

However, any level of preparation in your squad will vastly improve its capability. Additionally, any squad which you are willing to actually get into voice chat with will be much more capable as well. Friends, clanmates, even just a squad from Recruiting with which you open a conversation, all of these squads will outclass anyone if they're communicating. Back when Raids existed, I ran them with a guy who only just got an Archwing, but the fact that we could directly talk to him completely made up for his lack of raw ability and power. Communication is your most powerful tool in a co-op game.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Play with your friends and it will work.  Play with randoms and you deserve what you get whether it's a max range limbo in a defense, slova in a defense, or a chroma in a spy mission.  

Due to being in university my availability isn't reliable. I have friends, just not all are on at the same time of day. Saying "play with your friends" comes from a place of privilege that not everyone has because real life is a thing that affects game time. So do you have any other suggestions?

• Like 3

Due to being in university my availability isn't reliable. I have friends, just not all are on at the same time of day. Saying "play with your friends" comes from a place of privilege that not everyone has because real life is a thing that affects game time. So do you have any other suggestions?

I repeat, play with your friends.  If you have no one to play with when you have time that's just life in general.  When I worked 1am-11am I didn't complain that on my off days no one was able to hang out with me at 3am.  

2 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Considering you need to be in a Clan to even start building your Railjack, I think it's pretty clear that DE is promoting pre-made squads as the default system for co-op Railjack. PUGs have always been pure anarchy in just about any given game, there's not really much that can be done about that. Even if there was a mandatory tutorial quest before any player is allowed to join a Railjack mission, there are still going to be players who willingly ignore that knowledge. There is no way you will obtain any reliable results from randomly selecting players without any prior knowledge of their skill level.

However, any level of preparation in your squad will vastly improve its capability. Additionally, any squad which you are willing to actually get into voice chat with will be much more capable as well. Friends, clanmates, even just a squad from Recruiting with which you open a conversation, all of these squads will outclass anyone if they're communicating. Back when Raids existed, I ran them with a guy who only just got an Archwing, but the fact that we could directly talk to him completely made up for his lack of raw ability and power. Communication is your most powerful tool in a co-op game.

Thank you for your articulation of the importance of communication. It's a very good point. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

I repeat, play with your friends.  If you have no one to play with when you have time that's just life in general.  When I worked 1am-11am I didn't complain that on my off days no one was able to hang out with me at 3am.  

And at what point did I complain? Your response is pretty hostile. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

And at what point did I complain? Your response is pretty hostile. 

You asked how the mode would work, I told you.  Railjack is likely to be similar to lua spy/if you play with your friends you can likely get all 3 spy vaults, if you play with random people you're likely to get 1 spy vault completed.  That being said, sorry if you got offended.  

It will work when the players work: together.

All things considered, I imagine it won't be too different from the current state of the game. If you play publicly, you will inevitably encounter players who aren't there for anyone but themselves and are perfectly willing to let the group fail. It really falls on everyone else to actively seek out good crew members and avoid poor ones.

There will still be groups that succeed in spite of the leeches, and there will be groups that fail because of them.
But Empyrean is expected to ship with a skill system that lets players market themselves based on their skills in the game mode, making it easier for better team players to get recruited onto a crew.

All other things being equal, I'm certain that if two players are vying for the last spot on a ship, the captain is likely to choose the one with more skill. Unless they've proven themselves to be an ass in the past.

All in all, we're still reliant on recruiting our teams, but it will at least start to become easier to avoid the obvious leeches ahead of time.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

5 minutes ago, VitalAmprex said:

It will be great for clans, not so great for people who play solo.

Pretty much Rail will force people to get a premade group, which I don't think is a bad idea AT ALL. 

The problem is that not everyone is capable of making a full, pre-made group. 

• Like 2

The problem is that not everyone is capable of making a full, pre-made group. 

There's always recruiting chat for this very purpose and people get responses there frequently as long as they are doing something a lot of other people are doing.  I imagine there will be some railjack missions that have some good loot associated with them that you'll be able to find a group for in a few seconds.  

Probably the same as eidolons. After a few months the real passionate players will have fixed groups, use recruitment chat and discord with a "5x3 tridolon like" coordination, pubs will learn to bring meta frames and have basic understanding to clear with a success rate of maybe 60%, and the others will just try and have fun with it.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Not until they add NPC crews.

The truth was being said.

1 hour ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

People load into the Index with Rhino with speed mods to pick up all the points and never turn them in to force the squad to fail on purpose.

I use Khora with fetch on my cat to avoid that x)

Also I am 100% sure we will have people at recruit chat: Hosting Railjack > Looking for gunner lvl X+, Pilot lvl X+ etc.

Another thing I do when playing pub is blacklist ANYONE that leech, I dont care the reason. If you joined the squad you wanted to play, so DO IT. And if the loser refuses to start moving and help the squad I just block the maggot and leave at first extration possible. End of problem.

Edited by DarkSkysz

1 hour ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

I loaded into a requiem kuva survival with 2 unranked Ash Warframes. I was Nekros, actually being there, contributing to getting the mission done, and I kept picking these two Ash players up off of the floor. When I asked how their unranked Ashes were helping, I was accused of being whiny and toxic. How is pointing out that a person needs to CONTRIBUTE in a coop game toxic?

Leave them on the floor next time.

• Like 2