Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I get through melee-only?

Banishmon

Question

I'm trying to get through Neptune Junction, and there's a weird requirement that needs missions with only a melee weapon equipped. On the start of the mission, I end up equipping a gun, even if I equip a sword on the next try and don't use ranged weapons, it still doesn't count. How do I do this? I'm planning to use Limbo to speedrun spy missions, also need some advice on that

14 answers to this question

You need to remove primary and secondary weapons from your arsenal before you start the mission. Go into the arsenal and click on your guns, go to the top, and select "None". Then take the melee you wish to use.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

I'm trying to get through Neptune Junction, and there's a weird requirement that needs missions with only a melee weapon equipped. On the start of the mission, I end up equipping a gun, even if I equip a sword on the next try and don't use ranged weapons, it still doesn't count. How do I do this? I'm planning to use Limbo to speedrun spy missions, also need some advice on that

6 minutes ago, Banishmon said:

Melee only means exactly that:  you can't have anything but a melee weapon equipped.

As for Limbo in spy missions, I can't really help you there.  I use Ash.  Invisibility + being able to Teleport through force fields and other traps is very handy.

11 minutes ago, Banishmon said:

You need to remove your Primary and Secondary weapons in the Arsenal to be eligible for that Junction objective.

Your companions do not count as weapons, therefore they will not block you from that objective. I suggest using a Sentinel to help you with ranged skirmishes, or an organic pet if opening lockers is your thing.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Banishmon said:

Ash Blade storm is your best friend

Or use Ivara for both (speed running spy missions and doing the melee only missions).

She's the queen of spies after all and on top of that she has a bow that is part of her abilities which means that you can 'cheat' on the melee only requirement if you don't have a melee that is good enough.

Other possibilites to circumvent the melee requirement and that will give you ranged attacks are Mesa, Wisp, Khora, Wukong (he'll only have melee as well because you can't have a primary nor secondary) but he'll be helping out, and many more. Even Rhino can be beneficial with his stomp. On top of that I would suggest any decent sentinel with a great weapon (deconstructor, sweeper, vulklok) or a good attack kavat or kubrow.

And as others have mentioned, it isn't because you are only allowed to have a melee weapon that the rest of the squad can't bring firepower.

🙂

Every day I am amazed how good this community is.For such a question in any other game this poor soul would be bashed to the ground with his entire kin following...and then set on fire and many many other things. Thank you for being like that.

on topic: arsenal: unequip gun and rifle/shotgun/bow and use only your melee for 5 missions (like the rest of the answers)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Banishmon said:

I'm planning to use Limbo to speedrun spy missions, also need some advice on that

Do note that some of the Uranus spy vaults require you to pop into shark wing mode.  Doesn't really change your ability to cheese them with Limbo though.  If you don't like or know the Uranus vaults you can use Limbo to cheese any mission type that doesn't require interaction with enemies.  Rescue and mobile defense and sabotage are all easily done without killing a single enemy.