Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Veil Proxima Experience

continue

15 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Which is what people always say.. They want a challenge but when they are faced with one they just moan till DE changes it because they don't actually want one.

I won't deny that. But by far Earth and Saturn seems pretty fine. It's just hard enough.

Proxima seems like a bad time.

8 hours ago, Xaero said:

All components and armaments except front turret were base. Had upgraded avionics though: HP, armor, turret damage and heat capacity. Played public, only one teammate helped with AW so that we could deal with regenerating enemies. The other two were glitched/afk throughout entire mission.

Thanks for the good response, though that doesn't really tell me anything about what you did in the mission proper. If you just parked the railjack really far away and did everything on AW, then you probably had a very different experience from mine and probably the intended experience as well. And even if you did use the ship, I can't imagine you had much time to actually use the guns between repairs. I've got fully upgraded HP, armor, and turret damage, and I'm constantly hopping off of guns to do repairs. (Also, IMO you don't really get that much out of shield generator upgrades to begin with. Having weapons with low time to kill seem very, very important to reducing enemy power by contrast.) 

More importantly, though, how much did you enjoy it? I enjoy the base gameplay, but the seemingly random nature of enemy healing felt like a very frustrating and generally unnecessary waste of time, and this was compounded by the fact that the longer the mission goes on, the more time we had for bugs to kick in and ruin everything.

8 hours ago, HeartPurity said:

I have beaten all the nodes for railjack, we meet that problem too towards the final few nodes of Veil, I highly suspect it is the batteries on the the rock which heal them so we destroy whatever batteries/ beacons we see nearby then can kill them like normal. 

Would you happen to have any screenshots of these batteries? I admit we mostly ignored the asteroid emplacements because we thought they were just cannons like in the previous areas.

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Which is what people always say.. They want a challenge but when they are faced with one they just moan till DE changes it because they don't actually want one.

I personally don't really think bullet sponges are a challenge. Making generalizations like that only gets in the way of producing detailed feedback

9 hours ago, continue said:

Would you happen to know what the small green orbs that track enemies are? I was thinking those were what was related to the healing instead

I have not seen those, but then it took me a while to register the Crew Ship's healing field. Were you in close proximity to anything at the time?

1 minute ago, schilds said:

I have not seen those, but then it took me a while to register the Crew Ship's healing field. Were you in close proximity to anything at the time?

We were very much in close proximity to very many things, sadly. Can't really suss out which thing might be responsible. We were speculating it may even be the Pulse Turbine at long distance, since Cy mentions that it "powers up enemy fighters", in addition to wondering whether Crew Ships were producing those green orbs

2 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

It doesn't really matter anyway the clan stuff will be good for new players starting this but if you started playing railjack from the first day of the patch, unless you're very unlucky, you should have better weapons than the clan tech stuff from drops.   I already do and I haven't really grinded it much at all due to work but I'm off the next 3 days I have no plans Soo...  I'll probably be nearly Maxed by Wednesday.

I got one gun so far, & i don't have the resources to repair it yet

45 minutes ago, continue said:

Would you happen to have any screenshots of these batteries? I admit we mostly ignored the asteroid emplacements because we thought they were just cannons like in the previous areas.

oh i don't have its screenshot, but it is like white plate sticking flatly on nearby rocks & they got a white square on it like a red square for enemies ship when they are nearby. 

1 hour ago, continue said:

If you just parked the railjack really far away and did everything on AW, then you probably had a very different experience from mine and probably the intended experience as well. And even if you did use the ship, I can't imagine you had much time to actually use the guns between repairs. I've got fully upgraded HP, armor, and turret damage, and I'm constantly hopping off of guns to do repairs.

Completed them without exiting RJ. Do you use drifting boost? It really helps with fighters fire. I also try to stay far away from crewships.

Edited by Xaero

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

Completed them without exiting RJ. Do you use drifting boost? It really helps with fighters fire. I also try to stay far away from crewships.

Oh, you did the kiting strategy? I assumed that wouldn't really work past a certain level because I would just get bogged down with repairs, but I'll admit I hadn't tried it with the drift intrinsics yet. Were your Carcinnoxes also Zetki variant? I imagine the heat avionic helps a lot with those.

Edited by continue

20 hours ago, continue said:

Would you happen to know what the small green orbs that track enemies are? I was thinking those were what was related to the healing instead

I don't know if these are the green orbs you saw, but I saw some fired by the crew ship, following (or appearing to follow) the other ships. It turned into the healing field.

7 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Sounds like OP needs better weapons and the multi-rank Hyperstrike/space version of Serration for their turrets.

Really need to see the drop lists to figure out what to kill for that one.

They all show the same in Codex if they drop the same mods, so have fun...

Edited by Renegade343

48 minutes ago, schilds said:

I don't know if these are the green orbs you saw, but I saw some fired by the crew ship, following (or appearing to follow) the other ships. It turned into the healing field.

That could be it; they might be the same thing. I think I was probably unable to see the larger healing field because of that bug someone else mentioned where only host could see them

43 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Sounds like OP needs better weapons and the multi-rank Hyperstrike/space version of Serration for their turrets.

Yeah, those mk2 Zetkis with multi-rank Hyperstrike really weren't cutting it on the very first node of Veil Proxima 

Guess I'll wait another few days and see if the dojo research actually has mk3 weapons available or just ends after mk2 because it doesn't show the whole tech tree for some reason