Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Empyrean Codex Scans Easier

cruxers

After Empyrean's release, it is nigh impossible to get any codex scans for the new Grineer space units without being bother to your team/dying/putting your Railjack into direct danger. Quite a lot of players out there chase Codex completions, me being one of them. I understand that this isn't a priority one change or addition, but please make it easier to get scans for these new enemies. Maybe have Simaris sell avionics that provide the pilot/gunner with a codex scan on kills, similar to him selling Astral Autopsy.

• Like 2

I agree.  Trying to scan a single ship is very difficult right now.  It's like trying to take a picture of a single hornet, right after poking its nest with a rather sharp stick and all of its buddies are trying to sting you.

In cases like this, I really wish that Helios had a precept that allowed scanning in space.

Edited by Levantis
Because kittens. Don't forget the kittens.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am 100% behind this.

I was thinking of an avionic, that can be installed.
Which would then scan any fighters, killed by the railjack's gunnery.

It's just...
Well, sometimes images speak for themselves:

Spoiler

It is quite an encumberance at this point.

On 2019-12-17 at 9:18 AM, cruxers said:

After Empyrean's release, it is nigh impossible to get any codex scans for the new Grineer space units without being bother to your team/dying/putting your Railjack into direct danger. Quite a lot of players out there chase Codex completions, me being one of them. I understand that this isn't a priority one change or addition, but please make it easier to get scans for these new enemies. Maybe have Simaris sell avionics that provide the pilot/gunner with a codex scan on kills, similar to him selling Astral Autopsy.

grab magus lockdown or a crowd control frame as an Engineer.

Works like a charm

2 hours ago, Benour said:

Cant you just go in solo, spawn mobs by flying around with RJ, scan what you need and just abort? 

Not certain about railjack, but with the rest of Warframe, scans do not count if abort or fail mission.

If really need to scan, use amesha #1 for immortality and #3 for slow.  However, I do not get the OCD, everything is already on wiki and there is no advantage to having it all scanned.  Especially in Railjack where even the small aim bonus from Helios does not exist.  

It is a waste of time. 

Edited by Educated_Beast

9 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

However, I do not get the OCD, everything is already on wiki and there is no advantage to having it all scanned. 

*sneaks into your house, steals random items here and there from sets of things on your shelves and also your 10mm socket and middle sized screwdriver*

On 2019-12-20 at 3:45 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

If they hadn't broken Archwing melee... this wouldn't be a problem.

Why can't my Archwing melee attack still dash to the target? Ugh.

The prisma veritux 'sort of' still does it.  It's not what it was, and not highly reliable, but it does it massively better than most of the other weapons

Not only is it hard to normally scan all the ships but to make things worse:

-some ships (especially the outrider type) have a tiny scannable area (usually the tiny cockpit surrounded by the huge engines).

-ramsleds (which are incredibly annoying by their mere existence) are ships to scan as well.

So yeah, while having to only scan each ship 5 times max is a blessing, it's still painful.

So what I can suggest is either a augment/variant of Particle Ram that scans on the killing blow, a "scanning turret", or drastically boosts arch-melee damage (in addition of fixing its homing dashes, as right now, it has become utterly useless/suicidal).

• Like 1

On 2019-12-17 at 8:18 AM, cruxers said:

Quite a lot of players out there chase Codex completions

I know I do.  To be fair though, a completed codex entry is the only in-game way to see what enemies drop what S#&$. (no, you don't get to see the percentages, just that they can drop a thing)

I've gotten thoroughly tired of being forced to check the wiki (and deal with it's assault-ads) for every single enemy I don't yet have scanned, just to find the ones that drop the mods I don't yet have.
(and no, the elitist cry of "remember better" don't cut it. If that S#&$ worked I wouldn't be here. I'd be an accountant.)

• Like 2

Things I like to see:

1. Allow scanners to scan outside through the windows from inside the Railjack. Maybe with a special "Scan through windows" synthesis scanner widget upgrade.

2. Helios Prime should automatically scan while outside in Archwing mode, maybe with a special mod. It can't scan while in Archwing, yet.

3. Allow use of gear wheel for Synthesis Scanner, while in Gunner or Pilot, to manually scan stuff.

• Like 1

I learned something "funny" about ramsleds. I managed to use void cloak so one of these that targeted me would stop trying to ram me and allow me to scan it.

Good news: you can lose them with void cloak quickly after you activate it.

Bad news: those little *BEEP* self-destruct a few seconds after losing the lock. So you can forget trying to scan them when soloing, even if you rush to the exit ASAP.

Also, despite what the codex says, it seems only the Kosma Outrider has an Elite version. I have yet to encounter an Elite Kosma Cutter, Taktis or Flak.

Edited by SauriaLizardqueen