The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veil Quest and Shedu

Aleuvian

2 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

While the Shedu BP is acquirable, I'm not convinced it's possible to actually farm for it. While yes, the chances of a part dropping from a symbilyst is quite low (4%), I don't recall even getting mods from them, which are supposed to be a 25% chance. Been pickpocketing as Ivara, even had a Nekros with me at one point as well, and I've gotten nothing at all from them

I cant even get the friggin ship to spawn again. I got the bp and have been playing veil missions ever since and the ship mever spawns

2 hours ago, IamLoco said:

Wait, we actually need this completely overpriced weapon to finish the quest?

And there wasn´t even a hint, like "Tenno, you will need this *displays some silhouette*"

Seems like a totally unnecessary ducat sink.

Yeah this. There were no hints and there should've been. I'm not asking much, maybe just a small thing like "have a whole dedicated mini-quest where the almost-dead creator of the sword tells you to use the Sentient Slayer against the Sentients and gives it to you" or something, i dunno.

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

That, my friend, is no valid argument.

This weapon requires a currency that can only be obtained by selling (rare and possibly high value) prime parts that could be used to build a more effective weapon instead.

This is bad game design and you know it.

This too. I mean, if i already have a Braton Prime, i necessarily have to build another as soon as i get the pieces, because that's what you do with Prime parts.

Edited by DLOArceus
  • Like 1

vor 52 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

You will regret it if The New War cinematic quest demands Erra to be completed. Potentially locking you out of plentiful of content and progression.

I'm more annoyed that we have to play babysitting in space aka railjack to get access to the questline *sigh*

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

You will regret it if The New War cinematic quest demands Erra to be completed. Potentially locking you out of plentiful of content and progression.

If one requires the other then they are a single quest line. So I miss out on one, big deal. For the story I can always check youtube for someones letsplay or stream recording. It's fine.

Edited by Megalomaniakaal

2 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

If one requires the other then they are a single quest line. So I miss out on one, big deal. For the story I can always check youtube for someones letsplay or stream recording. It's fine.

until it becomes a requirement for another quest or some other content. seriously? all this over a sword.... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

While the Shedu BP is acquirable, I'm not convinced it's possible to actually farm for it. While yes, the chances of a part dropping from a symbilyst is quite low (4%), I don't recall even getting mods from them, which are supposed to be a 25% chance. Been pickpocketing as Ivara, even had a Nekros with me at one point as well, and I've gotten nothing at all from them

It's a 4% chance to get any drop at all. Then it rolls a second time to see what you actually get.

So, you have a 25% chance of a 4% chance to get a part.

5 hours ago, DLOArceus said:

Yeah this. There were no hints and there should've been. I'm not asking much, maybe just a small thing like "have a whole dedicated mini-quest where the almost-dead creator of the sword tells you to use the Sentient Slayer against the Sentients and gives it to you" or something, i dunno.

This too. I mean, if i already have a Braton Prime, i necessarily have to build another as soon as i get the pieces, because that's what you do with Prime parts.

Ballas literally says in the Chimera Prologue that the Paracesis is the Sentient Killer and that it's the only way to win the war.

I have no sympathy for you if you didn't pay attention to the quest and ignored a very obvious requirement for TNW.

It's not even a bad sword, it's amazing with Umbral mods and clears level 80 Sentients with ease.

EDIT

Just realized you were being facetious. Whoops. The above goes for the other guy, I guess.

Edited by Ophmalpulos

6 minutes ago, Ophmalpulos said:

Ballas literally says in the Chimera Prologue that the Paracesis is the Sentient Killer and that it's the only way to win the war.

I have no sympathy for you if you didn't pay attention to the quest and ignored a very obvious requirement for TNW.

It's not even a bad sword, it's amazing with Umbral mods and clears level 80 Sentients with ease.

I mean, didn't you get lucky as well when you replied that you happened to bring Paracesis with you all the time?

9 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

This weapon requires a currency that can only be obtained by selling (rare and possibly high value) prime parts that could be used to build a more effective weapon instead.

Yup. And it's not like everyone who plays or will play this game is someone with a year (or more) time under their belt.

Granted, you probably wont get 67 common relics but you're still gonna have to farm an assload of them and that is a pretty big grind wall needed to start a quest.

14 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Game design as you mean it here doesn't even apply; there's plenty of raw context and issues to ding warframe on at your literal leisure, this isn't one of them.

Paracesis is the second strongest heavy sword in the game, period. Has a x6 heavy modifier, has the highest crit chance tier and has a high enough speed to make use of stance with bloodrush and enough status to make use of CO. Your claim of more effective is in desperate need of research.

DE made clear the amount of ducats players were hoarding, which is why it's part of the cost.

On 2019-12-18 at 10:27 AM, DrivaMain said:

You had 1 year to craft the weapon yet you refused. Getting 1000 ducats is enough by cracking 67 relics (assuming you get all common). That my friend, is on you.

I have found alot better ways to use my ducats than a damn sword. If i knew it would be a requirement in future then i would have built it. But i didnt want to waste 1000 ducats on just couple mastery points and to be honest i still dont want to but im forced.

Its not about the time, its about do you want it really or not

On 2019-12-18 at 4:50 AM, Ophmalpulos said:

Yeah, it's not spawning for anybody. It stopped spawning at 9:30 PM, EST and nobody has found it since then.
If you happen to find it, spread the node around.

Because we are playing broken game 😏

On 2019-12-18 at 8:41 AM, o0Despair0o said:

my dude the fact it doesn't allow sentients to gain any resistances and has increased damage against sentients, you can pair it with the sacrificial mods and you get a massive boost of damage where other weapons like gram prime would end up slowing down. its a weapon that rewards you hard work with a max mod capacity of 90 with blue potato and stance