The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{SPOILERS} Warframe ERRA Cinematic Discussion {SPOILERS}

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

After seeing this has anyboy's opinion changed about the Lotus and/or Natah?  Sentients? Ballas (Orokin) or the Tenno? If so please explain. 

(I just love Waframe Lore and DE's cinematics) 

IMO I still think Natah and the Sentients need be exterminated from the Galaxy along with any remnants of the Orokin empire, yes including Teshin Dax. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
Warning Vid is a bit loud, adjust accordingly.

Lotus? Still think she's being controlled or manipulated, and it's not by the Orokin. Erra doesn't help that, particularly when I found out he's named after an old mythological figure, a god of Plague and Mayhem, who's chief roles included breeding political confusion and in-fighting and who's major legend involved him awakening from a long slumber to lead the destruction of humanity. Talk about nominative determinism. Natah's responses being short, brief and often monosyllabic, except when she's 'lapsing' is another indicator. Plus Erra flat-out lies during the Old War Segment. Hunhow is still alive when he says that "I am your only family left." Yeah I don't trust this guy one bit, and his presence only strengthens my suspicions that Lotus is more victim than traitor. To us, I suppose. Even Ballas, who was oh-so-convinced in Chimera, seems much less certain about what to call her. I mean, he does almost slip out a 'Lotus'... first time he's called her that, if memory serves.

Speaking of Ballas, he on the other hand has gotten what he deserves, and if nothing else I look forward to extinguishing his Oro. 

As for the Dax I honestly feel sorry for them. Knowing that shortly after this, the Tenno will turn and slaughter them en-masse, it's apparent they're as powerless as anyone else.

(Erra's voice is hella cool as well)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Numerikuu said:

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Erra's little eyebrows?

2dd092a0e984b10d47ca8d5a7e8547d3cee384ac

(P.S: Is that Nora?)

Image result for robot eyebrows gif

Honestly on rewatching, it's possible. Teshin lived this long, this character seems to be partially cybernetic due to Dax 'upgrades' (as Nora seems to be, judging by the light-ups when she talks) and it would certainly be a reason as to why she seems to have such... spotty insider knowledge on the Tenno. She's familiar with an Orokin term for them, is aware we're immune to the infestation, but doesn't seem to have the precise details.

• Like 1

I kinda feel bad for the Sentients to some degree. They're not too much different to the Geth from Mass Effect. Created to do good, creators deemed them too intelligent, attacked first our of fear, then the Geth retaliated out of defence, etc.

I do feel there's a hidden third player to all of this though.

Edited by Numerikuu

17 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

I kinda feel bad for the Sentients to some degree. They're not too much different to the Geth from Mass Effect. Created to do good, creators deemed them too intelligent, attacked first our of fear, then the Geth retaliated out of defence, etc.

I do feel there's a hidden third player to all of this though.

They are Geth with Reaper AI. 

They are terrifying

3 minutes ago, (NSW)1kSakura said:

How come no one’s talking about the Tennos’ eyes? They’re dark like during the end of The War Within.

I figured because Ballas probably built in the ability for Natah to control the Tenno.

I think we all assumed this judging by the lore we have currently.

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Also...why do the Sentients have gender identity anyway?

Not sure. But they do reproduce, so perhaps not dissimilar to why humans have genders. How do I know they reproduce... let's just say i walked in on lotus one time and....

No really, because Natah lost her ability to procreate when she traveled through the void.

Edited by Skaleek

27 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Also...why do the Sentients have gender identity anyway?

It seems they reproduce 'sexually' most likely by a similar process to modern-day neural nets, albeit likely with more control of the outcome, since Lotus appears to have been specifically created for a certain purpose.

53 minutes ago, Midas said:

They are Geth with Reaper AI. 

They are terrifying

Reaper AI they wrote in response to the betrayal.

Honestly, I do feel sorry for them, but the Tenno went through a similar situation and the conclusion they reached was at least one that was marginally productive. (Not to mention their was likely caused by the Sentients inadvertently)

4 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The cinematic also gives us information on how many Tenno there are...lots and lots of them. Thousands, given the number of pods we see under the moon.

Yes, exactly right. Which makes me wonder, how many Sentients we've slaughtered. That and the way Excalibur P got taken out, not all WFs are equal or OP. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

I'm pretty sure Lotus is still on our side after seeing this. She was aware of our presence.

Her mind is being tapped into. Anything she can see, anything she can think of, can be read and interpreted by the 'maker' or whatever. Mastermind.

She may be playing a role here. If she acts any way other than 'team sentient forever', then mastermind is going to off her. Natah was created as the mimic queen. Her purpose was to invade and be a sneaky sneak. Swallow the pitch eggs from within,  and whatnot. She may be on our side, but has to act her role for a bigger purpose. Literally doing what she was designed to do, but against the sentients. The war is coming, Natah knows this more than anyone. She may still be trying to protect us, and this may be the only way to do it. Play the bad guy to gain information or wait for the perfect opportunity to carry out XYZ plan.

Mastermind wants us all dead period. Natah had a chance to kill us with the whole scene with Umbra/Ballas. She didn't fire, and if you pay attention to everything she says, there seems to be an underlying message.

Could be wrong. However if there's the heart-string tugging, emotional touching, "Mommy I love you" moment - where shes like ""I CHOOSE MAH CHILDREN F YOU MASTERMIND" and joins our side or whatever... called it.