Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the deal with the Railjack interior?

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

There's just.. so much empty, wasted space, and it's designed rather unintuitively. The room where our Reliquary Drive is seems to be a cargo hold, but we don't have any cargo to hold. On top of that, why is our possessed Event Horizon sarcophagus just sitting in the middle of a cargo hold? The room right before Resource Processing is massive, and there's literally nothing in there either. It isn't even a straight line from the bridge to Resource Processing, which would make way more sense to be where the Reliquary room is. There is no reason, whatsoever, to go into the Reliquary room, so why is it directly accessible while Resource Processing is a floor down? If those two sections swapped, it'd make way more sense and going back and forth would be much smoother. As for the place where our Slingshot is, why isn't there a proper staircase/walkway or anything to get up there? It doesn't look like anyone is meant to be able to walk up there on the curved support beam. 

The interior layout seems very illogical and poorly thought-out. At least we can teleport from station to station.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 2

Well.. yeah the space flow seems to have been made for the game of tag with 2 access points in every room but at least it is kind of fun chasing boarding party around this art installation interior xD and at least it's not so cramped like the Grineer Crewships.

6 minutes ago, ntyd1s said:

Well.. yeah the space flow seems to have been made for the game of tag with 2 access points in every room but at least it is kind of fun chasing boarding party around this art installation interior xD and at least it's not so cramped like the Grineer Crewships.

I'd much rather have a much more compact interior that more closely matches what we see externally. 

yeah the whole thing seems really weird.

The gunner seats are shown to be far above the engine, yet seeing it from the outside you realize how impossible this is. Makes it feel like 2 separate groups worked on the inside and outside and didn't communicate well on how everything is supposed to match up. the interior also feels a lot wider then the exterior. it's not a big deal, but it irks me sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Its a titleset. Enemies can get in.

You would rather it be a cramped, small space with almost no room for movement?

No. I like my spacious, non-claustrophobic Railjack, thank you very much.

I also don't have a problem with the space. It's the layout, like OP mentioned that's the problem for me. I agree with everything layout related. No stairs to you slingshot is just weird.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

"...but we don't have any cargo to hold. On top of that, why is our possessed Event Horizon sarcophagus just sitting in the middle of a cargo hold?"

Pretty sure they meant the one on the bottom deck. You know... the one with the giant door at the back?

Like you mentioned, you can't get to the top floor of the ship, without super human jumping capability, parkour or climbing the reactor pylon and then getting off of that.
There's an access port behind the reactor, but it leads to nowhere, at least downwards. It drives me nuts every time I try to use the slingshot (which is too slow anyway, so for crewships I just leave via hatch).

The entire midsection basically exists for the sake of fighting boarders.

The cargo area is tiny and the hatch points out towards space. There's no way up or down between the engineering levels.
The best part is that they fixed the gap at the top and created new gaps further down. Someone at DE had time to move the hatch a little, but not enough to bother checking that the problem they were fixing in the first place wasn't recreated elsewhere.
Never mind the fact that *this* was somehow important to fix, they couldn't bother to do it correctly.

As far as I can tell there are just too many things that didn't work out with the ship. There are things that were shown that didn't make it (tail/belly guns) and then you have the reliquary room where some obvious function is missing. The eight slots on the walls were probably meant to hold archwings and have you bump into them before exiting the ship.
The end result is a hodge podge of intended function and final practical design.

Anyway, there are two things to keep in mind; This is probably not even a third of the Railjack content that is meant for the whole of Empyrean and there might be parts of the ship that gain new things to do or additional equipment. I guess we'll see.

Just now, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Well the real advantage of the slingshot is being invincible while in Archwing mode, there's no risk of being 1HKO before you can even move. 

When they eventually nerf the Amesha, sure. They've already fixed the missile one-shot and as long as you spam 1 you won't die before fading out of black.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

This is a false dichotomy. I'm not sure why you'd think it'd have to be too cramped for movement now. All I said was cut down the pointless, massive, empty rooms and redo the layout.

Yeah? I know what you said. I didnt put any words in your keyboard. And I said one of the reasons why its so big: Enemies can get in.

Another reason: when breaches, fires and such appear, they are not in an very easily acessible area, it adds some urgency and areas for it to appear.

But no. As I said before, I like the space.

Like someone else said; because of boarding parties. It's essentially a tiny deathmatch map. We're supposed to be able to run and jump around the place and approach from different sides with walls for cover. 

I'm sure there is a lot more planned for interactable modules around the ship for later too. Railjack is still in a very basic stage. 

8 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

approach from different sides with walls for cover. 

What version of Warframe are you playing where you have ever taken cover? Also, I feel like fighting off boarding parties would be way more engaging in a more limited environment. It'd be more intense and provide a better contrast to normal combat everywhere else. I suppose we can agree to disagree on this point.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'm wondering where he thinks all the resources we pick up in-mission are supposed to go.

Same place we store our ammo and capture targets.

It's probably not canon, but there definitely seems to be some implied miniaturization/replicator tech going on, especially if you look at some of the magazines of the various weapons and how it's impossible for them to hold very much, let alone a hundred shots or five rockets.

44 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Same place we store our ammo and capture targets.

It's probably not canon, but there definitely seems to be some implied miniaturization/replicator tech going on, especially if you look at some of the magazines of the various weapons and how it's impossible for them to hold very much, let alone a hundred shots or five rockets.

The point I was making is that there is reason to have storage space on our ships.

• Like 1

The layout is pretty bad. The whole midsection and forge area is just bizarre.

It doesn't flow well at all. Especially noticeable while playing engineer. Theres too much junk in the way blocking line of sight for everything. Crates, beams, railings, alcoves, it's an exercise in frustration at times.

The forge area is bad too. Crates and useless geometry in the centre, holes in the floors, tiny consoles that require a slow and sometimes laggy parazon animation. This area should be swapped with the "finger" imo.

• Like 1