Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara railjack "trick"

silviu007

Question

Stealth multiplier for affinity has been used by ivara for a long time, leading many people to calling the farm adaro in space. Specifically it has been nerfed in the past. Keeping affinity earned in mission, not the bonus affinity, when aborting or failing was done by DE themselves willingly (at the time, you can never be sure if DE themselves remember what they put into the game in the previous update) and intrinsics is just space affinity.

I highly doubt it is a bannable offence as it is not quite an exploit, but more making use of game mechanics in a way that still requires full player input and effort invested (unlike that fortuna door bug.) 

Now, on that note, I am aware that the enemies are all alerted when you enter the galleon/ship or when they board us. However, when doing a normal galleon mission (starchart) the enemies are not alerted. So if you have not been spotted then the enemies should be unaware of your presence and not be already alerted and ready to fight. 

Baruuk's lull has a mechanic where it resets an enemies alert status. If Ivara's sleep (and I'm assuming Equinox's) did not make stealth kills possible then everyone would use Baruuk instead and that would in no way be a bug, because he 100% resets alert status.

The enemies in a galleon are so buggy in Railjack, even when you play completely stealth they get alerted randomly after killing someone 200m away from them. All we are doing is using some game mechanics to work around the bug and do things in the way it should have been in the first place.

DE should not ban anyone for this, regardless of what it would be officially considered, they implemented it in a way where we basically have to use a bug in order to get standard mechanics that the rest of the game has had in place for years, stealth affinity was always been a way to farm focus. If DE didn't take that in to consideration we have no way of knowing as I am completely unaware of any official statement they have made about playing in such a way.

Edited by More-L

Just do it normal with pugs.

You got resources. Parts and intrinsic.

On ny way to 500 intrinsic point.

I got 29.7% damage vidar weapon and 58.9% damage ice shotgun. Finish my shedu. Some avionics and enough resources to build 2 ship parts.

Got troll so many time by rng on those vidar sigma generator tho

Man i just run the regular missions. You guys are farming intrinsics when you aren't farming the true hard part- the avionics and the ship parts. You're gonna get 10/10/10/10 and then play 400 more RJ missions cause you need the gear.

Short sighted.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Man i just run the regular missions. You guys are farming intrinsics when you aren't farming the true hard part- the avionics and the ship parts. You're gonna get 10/10/10/10 and then play 400 more RJ missions cause you need the gear.

Short sighted.

I have the opposite experience. I maxed out my ship before getting even one tenth of the way through the intrinsics grind by playing normally. Though "playing normally" in this context means soloing with Amesha, because none of my friends are interested in playing railjack. 😞

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

Rng means some people will get lucky with gear. I would not recommend stealth intrinsic farming unless you are:

a) not interested in equipping your railjack.

b) have already farmed in your railjack and been lucky with drops.

Having said that, most people who are asking about stealth intrinsic farming probably fall into one of these two groups.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I have the opposite experience. I maxed out my ship before getting even one tenth of the way through the intrinsics grind by playing normally. Though "playing normally" in this context means soloing with Amesha, because none of my friends are interested in playing railjack.

You've gotten all the avionics? im 10/9/9/10 and im still farming some of the hard to get ones like battlestations and zetki warhead. Also my turrets are still inching towards top % rolls but not there yet.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Skaleek said:

You've gotten all the avionics? im 10/9/9/10 and im still farming some of the hard to get ones like battlestations and zetki warhead. Also my turrets are still inching towards top % rolls but not there yet.

I've gotten most of the useful ones, aside from Zetki Hull Weave and Zetki Winged Cyclone that I just ended up trading for. I got lucky with some of it early on, like Void Hole, Munitions Vortex, an 87 Vidar reactor, and a pair of 54% Vidar Cryophons, though I still don't have enough resources to repair the second one after endless hours of grinding (that damned Asterite...). I don't have Battle Stations or Warhead, but they don't really look all that useful to me, plus I couldn't fit them anyway even if I did have a 100 reactor. I ended up selling my Void Hole and Munitions Vortex since I don't play with the ship anyway, and I figure I can just buy them back later if I need them (most likely for a lot less than I sold them for, too). The only major thing I'm still hunting for is good Vidar engines, which just refuse to drop. I guess I'm not really all the way maxed maxed out, but close enough, I think.

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

though I still don't have enough resources to repair the second one after endless hours of grinding (that damned Asterite...)

Yeah, I managed to repair most of my 29%/59% turrets but the asterite eventually ran out. Now I'm sitting at like 250k titanium and 0 asterite. Sad man.

I just did Gian Point until I had all the intrinsics saved up.

As a results I got near max stats on every part and weapon (just not vidar engines D:). I hope MK4 stuff won't instantly invalidate the entire grind.

The Void Hole and Zekti Predator drop every now and then also gave me a very nice plat boost.

Seriously...bannable... wtf?  

The devs put stealth kill bonuses into the game.  Performing stealth kills to get the bonus they gave you is nothing to ban people over.

If anything they need to crank up the intrinsic gain for everything else RJ.  It would take a year to rank 10 everything from popping 1500xp ships..

1 hour ago, FataL-Flaw said:

The devs put stealth kill bonuses into the game.  Performing stealth kills to get the bonus they gave you is nothing to ban people over.

Yeah, but I can't imagine the intended way of farming railjack upgrades is to bypass and ignore all railjack gameplay and just stealth farm normal mobs in a standard tileset. Though I do have to say I actually kinda enjoyed sneaking around and backstabbing fools. Finally there's a reason to play like a space ninja rather than like space Rambo, so I'm a bit sad they're most likely going to patch it out.

Edited by SordidDreams

4 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Personally, not having used it, I think that if they're aborting the mission for quicker resets, then that IS an exploit, since you're not supposed to get stuff when you abort, otherwise, it's mechanics.

But you've always kept affinity after mission failure or abort, and intrinsics are just affinity. Of course, in normal missions, completing the mission more than doubles your affinity compared to aborting; I have no idea if the same applies to intrinsics gain.

i've done plenty of aborts for focus farming on eximus sortie missions, though

Edited by OvisCaedo

If it was considered an exploit and bannable, I'd expect them to have said something by now, as there's no way they aren't aware.

One thing is to not release a patch to remove it because of holodays, another is to clearly be around and not even make a statement addressing it if they will consider it a ban-worthy exploit.

9 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

But you've always kept affinity after mission failure or abort, and intrinsics are just affinity. Of course, in normal missions, completing the mission more than doubles your affinity compared to aborting; I have no idea if the same applies to intrinsics gain.

i've done plenty of aborts for focus farming on eximus sortie missions, though

That's still an exploit, and not in the positive way

8 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

If it was considered an exploit and bannable, I'd expect them to have said something by now, as there's no way they aren't aware.

One thing is to not release a patch to remove it because of holodays, another is to clearly be around and not even make a statement addressing it if they will consider it a ban-worthy exploit.

You realize most of them are on vacation, right?

15 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

since you're not supposed to get stuff when you abort

Oh, you aren't?  The devs put in a message informing you that you get to keep affinity but give up rewards, so I would say its completely intended.

I actually solo finished a few veil RJ missions, still making sure to max out stealth kills when I could.  I dont think the abort method is much faster, given that at least 1/3 of the time is just loading and travel.