The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vidar Reactors and Avionics Capacity

Zyidrem

I don't know if DE did this garbage on purpose or did they actually think anyone would trade Avionics for Flux, which you can regain during the mission, in comparison to full time upgrades. 

I got a Zekti Reactor Mk III yesterday with 14 Avionics. Did anyone at DE really think this was a good idea? Do they seriously believe someone will spend thousands more resources on garbage like Zekti Reactor for no reason?

Unfortunately, I am inclined to believe they did this on purpose. 

Edited by Anthraxicus

2 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

I don't know if DE did this garbage on purpose or did they actually think anyone would trade Avionics for Flux, which you can regain during the mission, in comparison to full time upgrades. 

I got a Zekti Reactor Mk III yesterday with 14 Avionics. Did anyone at DE really think this was a good idea? Do they seriously believe someone will spend thousands more resources on garbage like Zekti Reactor for no reason?

Unfortunately, I am inclined to believe they did this on purpose. 

DE idea how to make players grind even more or silent preparation for wreckage trading (hope not)

9 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

I don't know if DE did this garbage on purpose or did they actually think anyone would trade Avionics for Flux

It could just be bad planning.

I could think of possibilities where a "glass cannon" kind of Railjack build could work if there are abilities, like say Munitions Vortex, that you can spam and clear a map without worrying about survivability ( dead enemies can't shoot back right ? ). With a large enough pool of Flux, we could do this without needing to restock. We are already sort of seeing this with people clearing maps in under 3 minutes, which begs the question: Why even waste slots on health/armor etc. if all enemies are dead before having a chance of doing any reasonable damage to the Railljack.

I don't think that makes sense .. yet, but who know in the future with new Avionics that may come out etc. Quick Thinking for Railjack?

I guess what I mean is, I'm not closing any doors just yet because DE clearly is going to be expanding on Railjack and we are likely to see lots of new stuff coming. I currently have a Zekti 11 avionics and 300 flux capacity that I'm saving in case it does become useful :-)

7 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

It could just be bad planning.

I could think of possibilities where a "glass cannon" kind of Railjack build could work if there are abilities, like say Munitions Vortex, that you can spam and clear a map without worrying about survivability ( dead enemies can't shoot back right ? ). With a large enough pool of Flux, we could do this without needing to restock. We are already sort of seeing this with people clearing maps in under 3 minutes, which begs the question: Why even waste slots on health/armor etc. if all enemies are dead before having a chance of doing any reasonable damage to the Railljack.

I don't think that makes sense .. yet, but who know in the future with new Avionics that may come out etc. Quick Thinking for Railjack?

I guess what I mean is, I'm not closing any doors just yet because DE clearly is going to be expanding on Railjack and we are likely to see lots of new stuff coming. I currently have a Zekti 11 avionics and 300 flux capacity that I'm saving in case it does become useful 🙂

Like I said, you can still easily replenish flux if you so badly need it, which I doubt, but you can't do anything without avionics. It upgrades your weapons, abilities, survivability etc. Some high level avionics require a lot of slots. 

And I don't think it is bad planning after they purposely add randomized stats to everything even after the failure of liches.

Edited by Anthraxicus

2 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Like I said, you can still easily replenish flux if you so badly need it, which I doubt, but you can't do anything without avionics. It upgrades your weapons, abilities, survivability etc. Some high level avionics require a lot of slots. 

Oh I agree of course.

What I'm saying is that we don't know what's coming. You're thinking on the present state of things, I'm just wondering if in the future with more stuff coming that Flux may become more relevant.

On a side note, if you're clearing maps in 2 minutes:

* You don't even have much time to restock due to cooldowns on the forge. On a scenario like that, more Flux to begin with may be even better?

* You don't need to invest on weapons and survivability, because, you know, dead enemies don't shoot back.

This is of course an extreme example, just to make a point.

30 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

And I don't think it is bad planning after they purposely add randomized stats to everything even after the failure of liches.

I wasn't talking about the randomized stats, but rather if their idea of reactors that would be heavy on flux and low on avionics were meant to serve a purpose.

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I wasn't talking about the randomized stats, but rather if their idea of reactors that would be heavy on flux and low on avionics were meant to serve a purpose.

The problem is that we have mk III reactors that are low on both, thanks to randomized stats. This fact leads me to believe they did all of this on purpose to make people spend needlessly their resources

• Like 1

Quite sure DE is going to address the issue with low MK3 avionics considering they are coming back from vacation today, they left a skeleton crew simply to catch anything that might cause serious issues only.

And since getting +10 avionic MK3 reactors isn't game breaking it didn't need instant fixing. Expect some hotfixes over the next few weeks to fix this issue (and many others)

Edited by SilvaDreams

On 2020-01-06 at 9:16 AM, Vit0Corleone said:

Oh I agree of course.

What I'm saying is that we don't know what's coming. You're thinking on the present state of things, I'm just wondering if in the future with more stuff coming that Flux may become more relevant.

On a side note, if you're clearing maps in 2 minutes:

* You don't even have much time to restock due to cooldowns on the forge. On a scenario like that, more Flux to begin with may be even better?

* You don't need to invest on weapons and survivability, because, you know, dead enemies don't shoot back.

This is of course an extreme example, just to make a point.

It's a variety thing. It gives your Railjack flexibility to create whatever class ship you want. It's 100% your choice, just like using the corrupted mods to min-max. This why I don't get why people are complaining about it.

A fast ship with high artillery via flux capacity can wipe a map asap, just as you posted. Meanwhile, others, like me, like to tank and distract with a high health/armor setup while my crew handles the cruise ships. As I find new mkIII versions, I can decide on new builds. Not everything has to be the instant best of something, especially in a game famous for options.

Totally agree with this topic and also got similar observations lately.
IMO it can be fixed, moreover, it even could be still randomized but in the same range over Mark. Other think is that Clan no need to research MKIII parts at all, it's expensive but is no reason to do this so far, my proposal is that research is needed to repair such wreckage.

So my proposition is:

DOJO:
Sigma Reactor
Initial Avionics Capacity 50 (90 total) build in DOJO, no bonuses

Wreckage: (all wreckage reactors needs DOJO research sigma MKIII to repair)
Sigma Reactor as wreckage
The same statistics like from DOJO, but cheaper in build in about 30%

Lavan Reactor
Initial Avionics Capacity 60
RNG Capacity + 0-30, (90-120 total)
cost little above DOJO Sigma in standard resources with additions of rare resources
one additional bonus from random pool,
one random RJ bonus from Lavan pool (shields amount, recharge, damage to two types of armaments)

Vidar Reactor
Initial Avionics Capacity 65
RNG Capacity +0-25 (90-120) total
cost higher than Sigma DOJO reactor for about 30% with additions of rare resources.
one random RJ bonus from Vidar pool (armor, hull, additional grid dot in Battle avionics, damage to two types of armaments)

Zetki Reactor
Initial Avionics Capacity 65
RNG Capacity +0-25 (90-120) total
cost higher than Sigma DOJO reactor for about 30% with additions of rare resources.
one random RJ bonus from Zetki pool (flex amount, heat cap/recharge, additional grid dot in Tactical avionics, damage to two types of armaments)

Additional proposals
- every component (shield array, engine, reactor) of house gives you Set Point of that house. There will be Avionics which power will be increased with this set points. So If you'd go into shields - use Lavar components, you'll get better bonus for that.
- engine lock: Every crew ship eliminated will remove one engine lock (of 5 in total), if you resign from mission it will consume proper amount of locks( earth: 2, Saturn 3, Veil 4). It prevents from grinding stuff without making a mission - if team arrive in mission and dont like the random target, they can go back do dry dock or even abort a mission, it consumes lock from pool, but to rebuild a pool they need to finish next mission.
- similar changes could be done in other components/armaments...

I hate this randomness too. I've got a Vidar Reactor with 65 Avionics and I'll probably never get better, but on the other side, it was never in DE's intent to allow you to put all your Zetki R7 avionics in all your slots.

Avionics are the same as Mods : Make choices. If you have a +2000 avionics Reactor, you'll slot in all the BiS, and that's it. DE's will is probably for you to think a bit: Do I really need Zetki Hull Weave R7 (+253% armor) or is a Vidar R4 (+216%) enough ? Do I need Speed or Turrets damage ?

If you had this +X Avionics capacity that allow you to use all your slots with all maxed Avionics, then the whole system don't make sense anymore and you now have to equip the Meta. With a limitation like what exists nowadays, it's up to you. More power ? More speed ? More defense ? A more balanced build with some defense and some speed ? Do you want a full zerg-mode Railjack with no defense and a few speed ? Do I -really- need that Tactical avionic ?

I kinda like having to think about my Railjack modding rather than slotting all the best stuff I have without thinking about it at all. Would you really prefer being able to slot all the best mods and HAVING to follow the Meta because that's all you have to do ?

Edited by Chewarette

Am 6.1.2020 um 03:10 schrieb Wolfdoggie:

Photoshopped fake news, sold soul to the devil in exchange or you're 1 in 20million. Either way; Ligma for the rest of us.

My mate got a 99er on our VERY first veil run... (mine was 54...yay).

Got 85 by now and it fits a lot of good stuff but I still have to make compromises.

On the other hand, getting a better reactor now is so unlikely, I rather hit 4xR10 before (10-9-9-9 now). After a dozen crappy Vidar reactors, I gave up on RJ for now and I'm doing Shedu farming only aslong it's still lucrative.

On 2020-01-06 at 1:22 AM, Zyidrem said:

Railjack is broken and writing that is beating a dead horse, but I want to see it changed for the better. A lot of complaints are thrown around concerning the drop rate for Mk.3 parts and I agree there should be some change. However as things stand Avionics Capacity is locked behind finding a golden ticket reactor. Even if you do find that golden ticket reactor you still will not be able to equip all of your best Avionics to power up your Railjack.

DE has designed the parts to use three houses as different manufacturers that will specialize or balance the stats of certain parts. In regards to Reactors House Vidar specializes in maximizing Avionics Capacity. As things stand any player who wants to use or upgrade their Avionics has to focus on finding their Golden Ticket Vidar Reactor that gives +100 Avionics Capacity. As a player this is very unsatisfactory because I must find one specific part to do one specific thing make Avionics better. This limitation on reactors takes away from the idea that I can personalize my Railjack because Lavan and Zetki reactors are irrelevant. As a result DE will probably see a trend of Vidar Reactors being the most utilized because Avionics Capacity has more benefits in comparison to Flux Energy. Currently the only method to increase Avionics Capacity is by reactors, however Flux Energy has both the Reactor and its own Avionic to increase capacity. If DE has concerns about the player base focusing on a single item in a loadout as they most recently saw with the Catchmoon then the Vidar Reactor should see the same changes so that the player base diversifies their loadouts using the irrelevant Lavan and Zetki reactors.

I propose that reactors should have the Avionics Capacity removed and replaced with a stat for increasing the boost gauge capacity. This allows players to make a choice between longer boosts/drifts, using Battle Avionics more frequently, or trying to strike a balance between the two. As things are if you do not use a Vidar Reactor to maximize Avionics Capacity your Railjack suffers and less efficient to handle Veil and higher level content. DE could allow Avionics to adapt the Focus System as a means to upgrade Capacity. If that were the case Avionics would  use Dirac to pay for increased capacity up to a maximum threshold determined by the highest leveled Avionics equipped in all slots. As with the Focus system, Avionics should be capable of using all slots with a max level Avionic. Being able to directly upgrade capacity gives players control over the Avionics they use and the levels of those Avionics with more flexibility and less stress in finding their Golden Ticket Vidar Reactor.

We are going to get more content in future, which means we will most probably get higher level reactors. Never thought about that?

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Itsmez:

We are going to get more content in future, which means we will most probably get higher level reactors. Never thought about that?

Yeah those Future where we‘re getting fixed game modes after a few hotfixes. Oh wait... 

Reactors shouldnt rely on RNG. Whats next? Random Mod Capacity after using an potato on Frames and Weapons? This would kill the game instantly 

3 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Yeah those Future where we‘re getting fixed game modes after a few hotfixes. Oh wait... 

Reactors shouldnt rely on RNG. Whats next? Random Mod Capacity after using an potato on Frames and Weapons? This would kill the game instantly 

What?

Totally on board with making these "rare" stuff worthwhile.

Please do not make the same mistake Blizzard did with the Diablo 3. You should never get a rare, coveted "my precious" item that performs worse than what's in vendor inventory. This is just mean spirited. It stifles the reward factor of the game from getting excited to avoiding disappointments. That ain't a fun game in my humble opinion.

Make all the drop-only houses marginally better than the Sigmas but excelling in one aspect substantially.

You should not be getting a +10 avionics cap reactor. Ever. What would be the point? A drop-only reactor should always have a minimum +60 on avionics for example. Perhaps the top  X percentile numbers should be rare. But at least most players are roughly on even terms. As it is now, I can only see a small group of players with a ship that blows everything out of the water while the majority will never use their ship beyond Saturn.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Itsmez:

What?

Sorry, should have used a sarcasm sign. But the past has shown that DE is probably never update this to a better state even with added factions.

Still Reactors should add a fixed capacity like the mod capacity in Frames and Weapons. If they want to insist on different Houses. Just cap them with a fixed value and add some additional bonuses which supports different playstyles (like Augments) etc.

My POV is if we let them go with RNG Modding Capacity (Avionics are not different to Mods) we will this in the future for Frames and Weapons as well.

On 2020-01-06 at 11:39 AM, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Then I'd simply use the usual, default Orokin Reactor/Catalyst that I can build in my foundry until I find a rare multi stat version that is better.

I can't believe you guys are going nuts over not yet getting your personal optimal mod.

Op is not complaining about getting the best quickly.

He's complaining about the best Vidar subject to being WORSE than a stock one. This is wrong. Plain and simple.

• Like 1