Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vidar Reactors and Avionics Capacity

Zyidrem

Railjack is broken and writing that is beating a dead horse, but I want to see it changed for the better. A lot of complaints are thrown around concerning the drop rate for Mk.3 parts and I agree there should be some change. However as things stand Avionics Capacity is locked behind finding a golden ticket reactor. Even if you do find that golden ticket reactor you still will not be able to equip all of your best Avionics to power up your Railjack.

DE has designed the parts to use three houses as different manufacturers that will specialize or balance the stats of certain parts. In regards to Reactors House Vidar specializes in maximizing Avionics Capacity. As things stand any player who wants to use or upgrade their Avionics has to focus on finding their Golden Ticket Vidar Reactor that gives +100 Avionics Capacity. As a player this is very unsatisfactory because I must find one specific part to do one specific thing make Avionics better. This limitation on reactors takes away from the idea that I can personalize my Railjack because Lavan and Zetki reactors are irrelevant. As a result DE will probably see a trend of Vidar Reactors being the most utilized because Avionics Capacity has more benefits in comparison to Flux Energy. Currently the only method to increase Avionics Capacity is by reactors, however Flux Energy has both the Reactor and its own Avionic to increase capacity. If DE has concerns about the player base focusing on a single item in a loadout as they most recently saw with the Catchmoon then the Vidar Reactor should see the same changes so that the player base diversifies their loadouts using the irrelevant Lavan and Zetki reactors.

I propose that reactors should have the Avionics Capacity removed and replaced with a stat for increasing the boost gauge capacity. This allows players to make a choice between longer boosts/drifts, using Battle Avionics more frequently, or trying to strike a balance between the two. As things are if you do not use a Vidar Reactor to maximize Avionics Capacity your Railjack suffers and less efficient to handle Veil and higher level content. DE could allow Avionics to adapt the Focus System as a means to upgrade Capacity. If that were the case Avionics would  use Dirac to pay for increased capacity up to a maximum threshold determined by the highest leveled Avionics equipped in all slots. As with the Focus system, Avionics should be capable of using all slots with a max level Avionic. Being able to directly upgrade capacity gives players control over the Avionics they use and the levels of those Avionics with more flexibility and less stress in finding their Golden Ticket Vidar Reactor.

Edited by Zyidrem
  • Like 8

The locking of the vidar reactor capacity at 100, or the possibility of upgrading it with dirac has been discussed among us in the forum, reddit, content creators, it seems to be the ideal compromise between players and DE, that being said, allot of us farmed multiple of those reactors and they are crap, it's the biggest problem in this update and it's making players not upgrade their ships or completely not play this game mode, let's hope that DE sees that they messed up big time with the reactors, which are the foundation of the entire game mode.

I honestly find it really funny that DE genuinely thought avionics capacity VS flux energy was even a competition. They could offer me +1000 flux capacity but it would only be slightly enticing if that also came with passive flux energy generation and even then I would honestly only consider that to be worth 20-25 less avionic capacity.

DE need to seriously re-balance every aspect of parts in railjack, cost and stats.

Pretty much every Zetki weapon is horrific and having pure damage added is clearly ideal in basically every situation. Zetki weapons should have fire-rate and status+crit chance bonus' for how much extra heat they cost, to the point you could get 100% crit and/or status (if they ever added status avionics.) Even giving them much longer fall-off range and/or projectile speed would make them slightly more appealing, especially on an Apoc.

Some of the Mk3 passive bonus' are so stupid. 5s speed boost after being deployed? The animation takes up like 3-4 of those seconds already. Also overshield after being shot out of a slingshot? Ahh ye man, overshield nice... it isn't like my shield always gets destroyed on my way to the crewship or that 500 shield effectively increases my EhP by about 5%, if it even manages to survive. Oh wait... a 50% damage increase for 5 sec after being launched? Aww ye sicc, so that means I can slam in to fighters for 50% extra damage instead of taking out a crewship, nice. How do you even know what bonus the railjack owner has without them specifically saying so at the start of every mission.

Lavan and Vidar mk3 parts needing the same ridiculous amount of asterite is such a pain, I thought "oh maybe a Lavan Apoc with good fire-rate could be a good alternative side gun" until I saw it cost asterite which I rarely have enough of for even 1/3 of a part at any given time.

Edited by More-L
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Photoshopped fake news, sold soul to the devil in exchange or you're 1 in 20million. Either way; Ligma for the rest of us.

I honestly don't play railjack as much as a lot of people after the top stuff either way. It was very much RNGesus that brought me a good reactor. Also I think you mean "Sigma".

5 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I honestly don't play railjack as much as a lot of people after the top stuff either way. It was very much RNGesus that brought me a good reactor. Also I think you mean "Sigma".

unknown.png

Edited by Wolfdoggie

I've had two Vidar Reactors from rewards in the Veil since the update. Both were below the 50 Avionics mark. I've spent hours upon hours grinding this all out only to be held back by a lack of a Vidar Reactor (M3) and the other holy grail, Void Hole. That being said, Why are avionics not tied to Mark-level parts across the board? Instead of 100 points locked behind one part, why not have it spread out, 20 points to each part (reactor, engines, shields, pilot turrets, and side turrets). Maybe add a hull regen stat to replace the core stat of avionics on reactors?

They already said they missed the mark and will be looking at drop rates vs. RNG.

However, the OP is exaggerating quite a bit if I may say.

You do need a high capacity reactor if you want to *maximize* things.

You can do without one just fine as long as you have a squad that isn't too bad and good avionics/weapons. Just make decisions, do you want to tank damage, or focus on destroying things as fast as possible? The choices in avionics do allow you to design a build to suit your needs, especially if you consider the several houses vs. their capacity needs.

I am talking from personal experience, having completed Veil before finally finding a better reactor ( 83 cap ). And this current reactor is more than enough for me to blow through any content fast and efficiently. Would I like to have a +100? Sure thing, but in no way this is "required".

Edited by Vit0Corleone

52 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

You're looking at the generic brand.

???

There's no Ligma house so where does Ligma come from? They are literally the exact same reactor. Can you show me a complete screenshot?

To add to the actual topic I have outfitted myself with a decent set up (I think) and I have 4 avionics left which won't fit anything, so the point about needing a maxed avionic reactor really is pretty much true.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

tat vidar grinding is a wrong move. the range is from 30? to 100. I got two 30 fake vidar before, though now I am running a 90 capacity one, I can imagine how frustrating people are when they get a 30 roll vidar. The gap should be 60-100 instead to match with its rare drop rate. 

15 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

???

There's no Ligma house so where does Ligma come from? They are literally the exact same reactor. Can you show me a complete screenshot?

To add to the actual topic I have outfitted myself with a decent set up (I think) and I have 4 avionics left which won't fit anything, so the point about needing a maxed avionic reactor really is pretty much true.

He's trying to make a dead joke.
"Where's Sam?"
"Oh, he's out with ligma"
"What's ligma?"
"LIGMA BALLS! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!11!!11!1@"

• Like 2

As usual, players like OP are upset because the "best of the best" is hard to get. Its like whining about not getting the legendary weapon and having to settle for a lesser version. Meanwhile, you've played for hours upon hours to try and get said weapon/part (sustainability). And, let me guess, once you get it and use it for a while, you'll complain about nothing to do, right? Warframe community 101....

• Like 3

Took me a while to get a vidar reactor to drop, luckily it has +87 avionics capacity or something but even that much doesn't let me use all my slots even with me lacking a 7 rank hyperstrike and other slots are still empty like the 1st slot in weapon avionics.  I suspect they'll do something about it soonTM but eh not holding my breath DE isn't known for their speed.  

3 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

As usual, players like OP are upset because the "best of the best" is hard to get. Its like whining about not getting the legendary weapon and having to settle for a lesser version. Meanwhile, you've played for hours upon hours to try and get said weapon/part (sustainability). And, let me guess, once you get it and use it for a while, you'll complain about nothing to do, right? Warframe community 101....

Yea, it's clearly the best system. DE should definitely implement it in frames and weapons as well.

Imagine that instead of outright doubling your mod capacity, Orokin Reactor/Catalyst has a random chance of giving you 1% to 100% EXTRA capacity.

I'm wet just thinking about it.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

8 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Yea, it's clearly the best system. DE should definitely implement it in frames and weapons as well.

Imagine that instead of outright doubling your mod capacity, Orokin Reactor/Catalyst has a random chance of giving you 1% to 100% EXTRA capacity.

I'm wet just thinking about it.

Then I'd simply use the usual, default Orokin Reactor/Catalyst that I can build in my foundry until I find a rare multi stat version that is better.

I can't believe you guys are going nuts over not yet getting your personal optimal mod.

• Like 1