Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally Built Oberon Prime, GAH! FUGLY!!!

The thing is, that Oberon was initially conceptualize as a Paladin, a knightly guardian, but the name kind of gave it a druid feeling, originally he did not summon grass for his hallowed ground, the thing is i believe the community has read more unto his druid/nature theme, hence DE made a satyr skin, but the prime focus more on his knightly side, Oberon prime comes with a teutonic horned helmet, a tabard and castle-like protection on his hand and feet.

39 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

The thing is, that Oberon was initially conceptualize as a Paladin, a knightly guardian, but the name kind of gave it a druid feeling, originally he did not summon grass for his hallowed ground, the thing is i believe the community has read more unto his druid/nature theme, hence DE made a satyr skin, but the prime focus more on his knightly side, Oberon prime comes with a teutonic horned helmet, a tabard and castle-like protection on his hand and feet.

If they were going for a knightly appearance, Frost's Haraka skin would have been a good influence on Oberon Prime's design. 

5 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Feyarch shin is one of best skins in game. As a rule de luxe skins look much better then primed variants. Examples: trinity, banshee, atlas, oberon .... there are actually many more. 

Not much of a fan of disjointed floating rocks and organ faces as far as atlas deluxe goes. The prime is a lot better, especually when it's one of the very rare cases a male frame is designed to have a chest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Not much of a fan of disjointed floating rocks and organ faces as far as atlas deluxe goes. The prime is a lot better, especually when it's one of the very rare cases a male frame is designed to have a chest.

The Atlas Prime skin rocks-pun intended- but that wierd deluxe skin is uh, something else.

• Like 4

On 2020-01-06 at 10:14 AM, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Seriously DE, did you think the cone head looks good? Being a nature oriented 'frame, why the gear looking shoulder pads? And what's with the cheese grater on the back of his helmet?!?

GGGAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

as an Oberon main I will infrom you the you use the stock skin at all times with prime accessories turned off, if you have the plat or cash to burn the freayark skin or the blade of the lotus skin are his end game looks how ever a lot can be done with his stock body and the free helmets, just remember two things Oberon is not an edgy frame so black and red should not be the only colors and most importantly the use of the prime skin is grounds for excommunication there is no way to make it look good and it does not fit thematically 

DE pleas replace Oberon's prime skin with some thing else it does not fit and holds the title as the worst looking prime at least the mag prime's body looks good and is better than stock mag

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, starlilynight said:

I was gonna say, can't you toggle Prime/Umbra parts?

In most cases toggling is a thing. Its just deluxe and immortal skins that don't let you toggle prime parts.

I personally like oberons deluxe skin and a tennogen helmet.  Slap on the buttergly wings syandana and go with earthy wood like colors. It looks really nice.

But oberons not a feame i use often.

1 hour ago, prodi1600 said:

Oberon its a goat, goats are ugly, good thing in PC there are some sweet tennogen for him, I know some of them get into consoles tho.

look it up in Arthurian legend Oberon is a white stag and his prime being a goat does not fit with the holy paladin theme of the frame (see the bible for that one) at the very least he should be a ram if he does not keep his deer looks in like he does for freyark at DE needs at the very least give him a new Prime helmet  or make a primed variant of the stock helm available for plat/ and later night wave credits.