Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Bonus in Railjack

WhiteyTighties

On 2020-01-08 at 10:52 AM, Wolfdoggie said:

Or they could finally delete Stealth and replace it with something cool that doesn't trivialize content. Maybe Ash and Loki will be able to do something useful beyond hiding. I used to go full power strength with Ash and not even use stealth because it's boring and anti-fashion frame but now he's complete traumatic garbage with forced Synergy with his 2 and worse range/dmg/QoL. Loki used to be able to stealth affinity farm but they basically deleted it from the game and then designed a warframe, Ivara, specifically designed to counter their own nerf which makes no sense.

8YIzkYX.gif

Hush your mouth.  Also, the nerfs to stealth came a good bit after Ivara was introduced.  

On 2020-01-08 at 6:38 PM, spirit_of_76 said:

can you give examples where they game was not being broken (Ie the half assed fix to loot duplication on grove specters) or where new game modes made had a problem where one did not previously exist (see chroma nerfs while still half assed more was needed there is a reason he is indispensable for trydons and profit taker), 

Hey, I found some examples of them nerfing something where it not only wasn't broken, but was one of the very few viable paths through the content.

It's in the patch notes for PC's latest hotfix.

"They always do nerfs first."
Called it.

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan

2 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Hey, I found some examples of them nerfing something where it not only wasn't broken, but was one of the very few viable paths through the content.

Called it.

Any path that gets you where you're going is a viable path.  It might not be the fastest path, but it's a viable path.

3 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Any path that gets you where you're going is a viable path.  It might not be the fastest path, but it's a viable path.

They could time gate enemy health so that you could only damage them once every 30 minutes and it would still be technically viable under your definition but that's not practical at all.

10 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Called it.

you mean them requiring that you complete the mission to get intrinsics preventing the abuse of mechanics? that is less of a Nerf than a exploit fix

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-01-08 at 6:30 PM, Furybone said:

Anything past 7 or 8 in any of them isn't that useful.

yeah i agree, tho im only 8 across the board because i burned myself out durring the launch state of railjack. would much prefer if they wherent linear but actual skill trees where you would get small upgrades constantly and sometimes a big upgrade, thats my main issue with current intrinsics that it takes so long to get the 256/512 for the last 2 upgrades i feel like im making 0 progress.

Le 08/01/2020 à 17:52, Wolfdoggie a dit :

Or they could finally delete Stealth and replace it with something cool that doesn't trivialize content. Maybe Ash and Loki will be able to do something useful beyond hiding. I used to go full power strength with Ash and not even use stealth because it's boring and anti-fashion frame but now he's complete traumatic garbage with forced Synergy with his 2 and worse range/dmg/QoL. Loki used to be able to stealth affinity farm but they basically deleted it from the game and then designed a warframe, Ivara, specifically designed to counter their own nerf which makes no sense.

Spy missions are also anti-co-op and force solo play and negativity between Tennos so I wouldn't mind those removed or reworked to promote non-invisibility stealth rework.

Révéler le contenu masqué

lokihmm.png hue

No. No no no no. DE,don't listen to that guy : some of the playerbase likes to sneak around. What do you suggest to these people? If you can go full Rambo or full ->ninja<- play free, let BOTH options stay viable!

Why not, you know, FIX stealth instead of deleting it?!!

Le 08/01/2020 à 19:02, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg a dit :

things they should do IMHO

• increase affinity for space based combat/tasks
  • fix stealth so achievable for primary secondaries (i don't care if it counts toward intrinsics, just talking in general)

My ninja.

3 hours ago, unknow99 said:

No. No no no no. DE,don't listen to that guy : some of the playerbase likes to sneak around. What do you suggest to these people? If you can go full Rambo or full ->ninja<- play free, let BOTH options stay viable!

Why not, you know, FIX stealth instead of deleting it?!!

Ask Kojima how I guess.

Il y a 2 heures, Wolfdoggie a dit :

Ask Kojima how I guess.

Hey Hideo Konami isn't the only one who figured it out... Hitman, Dishonored & a few others got solid stealth foundations too!

il y a 55 minutes, Chaemyerelis a dit :

I never felt the need to abuse a bug to rush intrinsics. Why the hurry?

Because Warfarm man : you do a mission and it feels great! Ooooh I don't have enough,let's do it again! And again, and again, and again, and.....

Staying in a defense mission is bearable until a certain point, redoing the same node too, sometimes you even start to feel like you're doing a job. So they choose to accelerate the process, the gameplay loop they see as tedious.

3 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I did some missions today.....and i gotta ask when did they get rid of silent primaries and secondary giving Stealth?

Kills from melee only give Stealth now?

Or is this old news cuz I swear last week I was getting Stealth bonus using bows....which makes sense, right?

It's a so called "bug" by DE that emerged before Oct 2019 on PC.  There is an ongoing topic about it with status updates as DE still hasn't fixed it.  

You can read that thread topic for my opinions on this. 

On 2020-02-07 at 4:29 PM, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I did some missions today.....and i gotta ask when did they get rid of silent primaries and secondary giving Stealth?

Kills from melee only give Stealth now?

Or is this old news cuz I swear last week I was getting Stealth bonus using bows....which makes sense, right?

I doubt you were getting stealth via bows - I haven't gotten a stealth kill using a primary or secondary for months.  It sucks - was annoying enough before that multishot broke stealth (because you know, they become so aware in the fraction of a millisecond between projectiles but grabbing them around the neck before slowly slashing their throat doesn't alert them. /s)   - and now there is no stealth for anything but melee.