Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using weapons on K-drive

(XBOX)ITS MR P0CKETS

Sure , an option to switch between drive by mode and free form mode would be welcome,

I would probably still not use the k drive , unless I get some bonuses with it , 

Simple and minor things perhaps , like bonus projectile speed , ammo mutation - basically anything that could fit in the pexilus.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Redfeather75:

I didn't know tenno could use guns.

A tenno is the sum of an operator and their warframe. So yes, tenno can use guns.
'

vor 30 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ITS MR P0CKETS:

Sounds like an opportunity for K- drives to get more mods to possibly make their usage more desirable over archwing in open world

The reason K-Drive sucks as compared to archwing is inherent in its design and can never be fixed. Flying in a straight line and even being able to use blink will always be faster than having to account for hilly terrain, without blink. K-Drive cannot be saved.

54 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would probably still not use the k drive , unless I get some bonuses with it ,

This is the main reason.

If K-drive isn't faster or better than Archwing, it's still a waste of their time, currently. The projects they have in mind are way bigger than making a fraction of people like hoverboards marginally more. Even if they make people love K-drives as a transport, it's only functional in 2 nodes. The current goals involve integrating mission systems, 2 huge updates, tweaking railjack, making new Lich in the future.. In the grand scheme of priorities, I can't imagine K-drive would be profitable, let alone anywhere near the list for, "wise ways to spend their time." Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore K-drives.. though they'll have to be at a time that makes good sense. If people got a K-drive update right now instead of news on Duviri or New War, it would be Bedlam.

So like there's, "overshadowed," and then there's a K-drive focused update. *pictured here total eclipse sun GIF by NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center

Being able to shoot on k-drive also has it's complications.
Do we get to do tricks while shooting?
It takes the same buttons... so probably not. Meaning, we're only going to get to hip-fire, (which people might think is dumb) or we're going to totally abandon the trick aspects. (Which everyone would do.) There aren't enough buttons (especially on controller).
Do K-drives level from using weapons on them?
That absolutely removes any chance of people using them for tricks.
If we can use guns, why not use abilities?
This might be the only thing that would give it an edge over archwing.. but then it calls into question a K-drive tier meta, involving several abilities and frames, like...
What is, "Gauss," for if I can go faster on land while shooting, and why use either if we have archwing?
While all of those things would increase the usage statistics of K-drive, they would drive down the use of K-drive for it's intended purpose. Not to mention, if K-drive gets to use abilities, then we're going to want it for Archwing.. then all the abilities have to have outer atmo sizes... then we want those sized in normal mission.. etc.
What plans do they have in the works for future integration already, and how far would this set those back?
For all we know there's a whole trick arena already mothballed, but it uses a tileset that isn't in the story yet. Probably not. o_O But maybe, right? But along those lines, there may be something already scheduled that makes up the difference. Albeit incredibly optimistic, it's not impossible. (I'm hoping for a K-drive cart racer that steals Vaubs vector pad.)

Maybe that's all alright. I'd still use it for tricks.. and those who don't, won't bother with tricks anyways except for MR. Nothing different there except a few people use it for guns now.. Maybe we just give up flip and grab tricks when we hold swap weapon. Maybe it's always a little worse, but a lot cooler to us. So what if the snowball rolls out of control, K-drive becomes a new busted meta next year, and everyone laughs at Gauss mains.. or people quit like crazy because "DElayed to making effing hoverboards for babies?!?!" ...I'd still play it. 👍

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, (XB1)ITS MR P0CKETS said:

I like the feedback so far. Beyond transportation though, k- drives could still be used in the battle area like an archwing even if we could do simple hipfires or use 1 ability from a frame.

There's probably a lot of truth to DE not looking at this for a long time.

Well then, which ability? Do we get to choose? "What about this ability that needs the other to set it up?"

With a game this big and complex, every single decision is a briar patch.. and about 2000(+/-) people will think you're the dumbest person alive to have that idea. So they've got to decide.. which hill is the one worth dying on? Is it the one that funds the multimillion dollar platform, or the tertiary toy doodad that some people on the spectrum really seem to love so much. (That's me. I mean me.) I'm also not Mr. Moneybags here keeping all their bills paid, so the projects that do have to get first pick. ...We don't even really have a way to give financial feedback to K-drive, except for buying a random board or a handful of scrawls.

So there's an idea. ...What is something for K-drive that they could reasonably charge us for?
If they're going to make K-drive content, it has to pay for itself. ...So... how do we propose something worth while to us, that they can successfully monetize?

I had an idea a while back about a pacifist mission for K-drive.. not sure what ideas we could really get from that..

Spoiler

Any source of a merchandising tie in, basically. Things for a K-drive fan to buy and support it's focus. If a Kart Racer mode had some sort of purchases, or.. Just something. Anything.

It's like, the reason it's doomed is because it didn't make it far enough to market yet.. and because of that, they can't afford building that infrastructure to get it to make profit. It's gone and bottle necked itself. ...if there's something we can suggest with an easy turn around, that could change.

Help me brainstorm!

Edited by kapn655321

As far as the ability for K-drive, i imagine it would be set up simular to the railjack tactic ability to use only one set ability that would best suit hoverboarding. 

In the marketing aspect, perhaps spend platinum for new kdrive mods that improve weapon and/or abilities on the K-drive. Outside the market they could also be obtainable by ventkids. 

• Like 1

Yes pls so much of this !

My idea : change kdrive controls so that it's more like a warframe : you only turn by aiming, and the movement keys only go straight forward/backward and strafe left/right (plus all diagonales, exactly like on foot).

The thing hovers, there is no reason why it has to curve around to make a turn, it could just spin on itself.

That way, you can aim your gun and move around faster on open worlds, while at the same level of your target.

I'd say, you'd still dismount if you hit a wall straight on, so that there is still a reason to go on foot.

And when you boost, kept exactly as we have now. No gun, large turns.

Would be so cool but...Just add it to the list...

Edit : I have a doubt if you straf or not... Not all the time that's sure but... Correct me if I'm wrong. I remember it turn awkwardly...

Edited by Fallen77

Tennogen boards?

Lunaro on K-drive?

Make a Lunaro hub NPC on each Open World. Catch and throw with X. Have 3 teams depending which hub you use.. Relay/Orbiter team, Cetus, and Fortuna. A leaderboard for which team is in the lead, and the most recent players to cause one team to overtake top spot. Release Jerseys with Skating/street protection Warframe merch with the Lotus Symbol, or any team's logo.

Integrate k-drives into a new Index map?
Add some environmental hazards that can be tripped every so often when a K-drive grinds across it.. Something like Jupiter's defense, where the whole floor electrifies.. or converts the robotic enemies and turrets for like 8s with a cooldown or something. If it's in index, and it's effective enough, it'll get used.

K-drive tech-decks? (..No..Actually, come to think of it? I instantly regret and hate that idea in equal measure.)

A customizable K-drive park in dojos.
Not directly profitable, but the more things it's tied into the better, I'd imagine. Building a skate park like in ProSkater would be Outrageously fun. The more people can refine the tech in a controlled environment, the more we can learn their movement systems and evolve our skill. Just looking good while doing it could sell boards to other players.

Make constructed boards tradeable?
At least some platinum could change hands as a result.

These are all off the top of my head. Pitch in if any ideas for profitable K-drive content come to mind, folks. 🛹

Edited by kapn655321

Glad you brought those ideas. Get the K-drive outside those two nodes. Maybe give the boards alternative purposes.

There could be a grind to upgrade it into a small summonable weapon locker for non open worlds.

Then there could be purchased slots to fit more weapons in the locker/board.

The weapon locker is only one idea

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)ITS MR P0CKETS said:

Glad you brought those ideas. Get the K-drive outside those two nodes. Maybe give the boards alternative purposes.

There could be a grind to upgrade it into a small summonable weapon locker for non open worlds.

Then there could be purchased slots to fit more weapons in the locker/board.

The weapon locker is only one idea

There could be a purchasable K-drive rack display in our orbiters and dojos.
But it costs a board to make.. like fishing trophys. Thus giving us a reason to make more boards for cosmetic purposes.

All Aircraft on openworlds could be, "grinded," across to disable weapon systems and remove 30% health.

Gate cosmetics behind betting (credits/resources/items) on and winning a 4 person K-drive race instance a number of times.. and have that cosmetic conveniently fit a motif of an existing cosmetic line.

Edited by kapn655321

12 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

There could be a purchasable K-drive rack display in our orbiters and dojos.
But it costs a board to make.. like fishing trophys. Thus giving us a reason to make more boards for cosmetic purposes.

All Aircraft on openworlds can be grinded across to disable guns and remove 30% health.

Gate cosmetics behind betting on and winning a 4 person K-drive race instance a number of times.. and have that conveniently fit a motif of an existing cosmetic line.

Back to the index/k-drive: people could make their own track similar to the dojo obstacle course that can be cycled for public play after inspection.

I think something like this would be nice for an alternative index game and would give people a chance to show off their course design for a limited time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ITS MR P0CKETS said:

Back to the index/k-drive: people could make their own track similar to the dojo obstacle course that can be cycled for public play after inspection.

I think something like this would be nice for an alternative index game and would give people a chance to show off their course design for a limited time.

I don't know how we could make a map that the enemy can navigate.. though there was an idea for a PvP index.

Spoiler

..if those two ideas are married (bringing K-drive into a few pvp options) this might have some potential. Feel free to run with any of the ideas we've discussed. The more detailed, the better. Thanks for the back and forth on this, by the way. 😃

Edited by kapn655321

8 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I don't know how we could make a map that the enemy can navigate.. though there was an idea for a PvP index.

Hide contents

..if those two ideas are married (bringing K-drive into a few pvp options) this might have some potential.

I wasn't even thinking about enemies on K-drives but that would be awesome to have grinder or corpus themed race tracks and k-drives. 

I think the best thing they could do to make K-drives viable in the core game is have maps that cater more to their use by adding underground road areas where archwings wouldnt be able to access. Then have pocket areas where the mission objective is. 

Maybe that could bring new mission types specifically for the k-drives just as archwing does. Not that they're very popular but it could be cool and fun.

I'm just starting to get into the K drive races for realzies. Not just for MR rank, but for fun. I'd be down for a special Warframe with a passive that let's it use secondary weapons while on the K drive. Even better if we can boost and melee the enemy. Bonus points if Sk8rFrame uses a skateboard as an exalted weapon and beats up Grineer with it