Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no corrupted health/shield/armor mods?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

what would be the negative side that would be a cost that does mean something but still allows it to be useful in some way?

also +Armor -Health would basically always be useless unless the negative was so weak that it essentially did nothing. you'd just lose EHP.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

also +Armor -Health would basically always be useless unless the negative was so weak that it essentially did nothing. you'd just lose EHP.

1 minute ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

But quite few frames have defensive abilities that scale off of armor, so you don't health if you can just block it all with an ability 

I think only Rhino and maybe Garuda (QT build) would benefit from it. Since while Nezha's 3 is affected by armor it's not worth it to focus much on the initial health of the halo.

I would imagine they would have to be pretty high to get any use. i'd assume they would be between the setmods and base mods in how much they give. but even than I would doubt their would be room for them, since I mainly see them used on inaros/nidus and they have no shields so unsure how the mods would work.

Few questions:
What would the "-shields" do for Inaros or Nidus that have zero shields?  Would that just be a free bonus?

How many frames could actually make use of a "-hp +armor" or the inverse?
I mean sure there is Frost and his snowglobe...but that would be about it.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Would they be too powerful to weak to bother with?

The minus shield mods would just be another health or amor mod for Inaros and Nidus.
Depending on how strong the mod would be that would be too powerful.
And in general shields are pretty much a dump stat.  In nearly all cases you can get more EHP by increasing health or armor instead of shields so it would be hard to balance them out.

Meanwhile the +armor -health would generally be worthless.

I'm fine with those "corrupted" stats but the mods should be creative, which means something new worth the tradeoff.

For example: -50% total armor (including armor mods) but gained 30% chance to receive no damage from any attack.

Or -25% total health (including health mods) but gained 100% extra health orb value and each orb consumed also healed nearby teammates.

12 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

How many frames could actually make use of a "-hp +armor" or the inverse?

Banshee, Nyx, Trinity, Trinity Prime, Volt, and Zephyr all have 15 armor, so they could use the inverse.

But even then, with that low of armor, no matter how much Health they got from the trade they'd be taken down by a strong sneeze.

+Armor -Shield would be a popular one. So would +Health - Shield. And on a select few frames, -armor + shield (hildryn, trinity, harrow).

But that would just highlight the underlying issue of shields being bad.

Edited by Skaleek

From the replies here, probably because they were just hard to set up in a way that didn't make them obvious "use" or "never use" mods. They might be more viable if they used the whole array of possible stats, so you had a +Power Strength -Health mod (the "Glass Cannon" mod, if you will), or whatever. But then again, maybe not. 

And if you combined them with two bonuses and a minus, you're traversing into "Rivens for Warframes" territory and that I think is bad territory. Hard ground. Foul water.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

But quite few frames have defensive abilities that scale off of armor, so you don't health if you can just block it all with an ability 

right, which means literally the only reason you think these Mods would be a 'good addition' is so you can situationally get a free upgrade without it actually functioning as a Corrupted Mod.
you only want it so you can use it when you can ignore the entire point of their existence.

so what's the point then. might as well just ask for another of __ Mod instead, there's no real difference.

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

right, which means literally the only reason you think these Mods would be a 'good addition' is so you can situationally get a free upgrade without it actually functioning as a Corrupted Mod.
you only want it so you can use it when you can ignore the entire point of their existence.

so what's the point then. might as well just ask for another of __ Mod instead, there's no real difference.

I mean, the difference would be that only those specific frames could use the mod effectively, thereby preventing the inevitable powercreep by adding another __ Mod.

But warframe already has too many crappy mods and honestly, I'd rather see them rework the current corrupted mods before adding new ones. When's the last time someone used the 14 cost D polarity tainted shell? It should be - fire rate + flight speed.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

When's the last time someone used the 14 cost D polarity tainted shell? It should be - fire rate + flight speed.

(could be something else too, -Fire Rate, +Accuracy & +Headshot Multiplier would also work)

but yeah, there's numerous Corrupted Mods that are questionable as it is.

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Would they be too powerful to weak to bother with?

anything that reduces EHP to any real degree is an obvious no-no, unless the benefit of such a mod were so ludicrous as to make it overpowered. so you either have another mandatory mod, or a totally useless mod, with basically no in-between. then there's the issue of frames like Nidus, Inaros and Hildryn who differ from the usual EHP formula of somewhat balanced shields and health with X amount of armour. 

these mods would become instant meta Power-creep, or be a waste of time. no thanks.