Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are raids or trials coming back?

redkunaz

Probably never, the original PVP in this game was called railjack. It was ACTUALLY fun but unbalanced, so instead of polishing it they got rid of it. Now we have the railjack that came with empyrean and its questionable, but i dont think its going to happen. As fun as it was, DE is focusing on open world updates now, not sure how much of their resources are being used but that's a given.

Raids example what we can have that is in a way totally different then what we know from before. We can play with mature operator only, so that we have them for good reason. And i think it would bee weary fun experience for a change...in there we can farm for new weapons outfits for operator to amor set for frames and some rare good mods...and maybe some other cool things. I think it would bee amazing. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The thing about trials that many people forget was that it was never forced teaming. You'd have to craft a BP and in most cases it's a pre-made group if not all cases. Nobody was forcing you to do trails as well. Being that even endurance runs past 1.5 hours can be done without arcanes to this day. They also werent removed due to lack of popularity but lack of good code to keep it from breaking. 

Tdlr- lor and Jordas was never forced co-op as everyone who usually ran it was pre-made or was organized and wanted to do it being that you had to go out your way to initiate them. Please stop spewing that misinformation 

What game mode did you play?

It was forced teaming solely from it requiring at least four people in order to play in the first place and running a pre-made group or not it was still forced co-op, and that isn't even counting the "puzzles" that required multiple people. Yes you weren't "forced" to play them but if you wanted arcanes you had to run Trials or buy them from people who did.

Also they were removed for coding issues compounded with low popularity; they repeatedly broke from unrelated changes to the game and the constant maintenance they demanded wasn't worth it for the sliver of players that ran them.

And just to cover the point in case anyone brings it up; Conclave hasn't been removed for the same reasons because it doesn't have the same level of maintenance overhang. Plus no major content gets gated behind conclave if a bug made it literally unplayable where arcanes would be unobtainable when Trials didn't work.

16 minutes ago, trst said:

What game mode did you play?

It was forced teaming solely from it requiring at least four people in order to play in the first place and running a pre-made group or not it was still forced co-op, and that isn't even counting the "puzzles" that required multiple people. Yes you weren't "forced" to play them but if you wanted arcanes you had to run Trials or buy them from people who did.

Also they were removed for coding issues compounded with low popularity; they repeatedly broke from unrelated changes to the game and the constant maintenance they demanded wasn't worth it for the sliver of players that ran them.

And just to cover the point in case anyone brings it up; Conclave hasn't been removed for the same reasons because it doesn't have the same level of maintenance overhang. Plus no major content gets gated behind conclave if a bug made it literally unplayable where arcanes would be unobtainable when Trials didn't work.

Nothing about it was forced. Warframe is by description a cooperative looter shooter. 

It's not forced what so ever... You're telling me your upset because a piece of optional   content required that you do what the game was designed for😂😂😂 play with others. That's not forced it by design was made for players to group up and tackle the challenge at hand. Yes the puzzles were there and people didn't enjoy them "others did alot infact" it was different and a nice change of pace from just mindlessly running through missions.

Again it really wasn't in due part of it being unpopular because again if that's the case a plethora of unoptimized content like conclave would cease to exist to this day. They even said it was due to maintenance of the mode they are removing it.

Next is the idea that arcanes are this must have and people are upset that arcanes are gated thorough them. To this very day you don't need arcanes to do any sort of endurance run and to be frank with the current state of wf with set mods and mods like adaption you surely don't need them. It was a want arcanes were never a necessity and beside 's them being "endgame" (lol imagine wf having that) they serve no true purpose as more then half of them are useless and mods still outperform a large portion of them. Arcanes aren't major content and while I'm glad they did allow them to be more accessible so those who didn't like raids or didn't want to learn them may have a shot at earning such. As a daily lor runner after every update it was annoying albeit because I'd never know if the gamemode I enjoyed playing would work. But rather then DE trying to come to the solution instead of just applying bandaids to the code(no I'm not making speculation they still do this to this day with rj and liches recently they seem to only really really really go through and fix cosmetic items and or something new as its fresh on their list) they removed the gamemode. I'd love for og lor to comeback and a more accessible mode for guys who don't want to play classic lor but we can't get what we want. Still does not change the fact that lor was not forced Co-op in any way shape or forum. Not everything is ment to be soloed young tenno. And if that was your gripe with lor I suggest making more friends cause we were able to have so much fun 

Probably never! Probably never anything LIKE them, either, honestly. Whatever dreary garbage "squad link" ends up meaning is probably the most we're going to get. Which I'm guessing is just going to be, like... two separate braindead missions where you might sometimes have to wait on people in the other one to progress or something.

the funniest part to me was that, right when raids were being retired, DE was also talking about how dark sector conflicts were finally going to come back in a new form, and pointed that out as an example of how this sort of removal was only "temporary". Temporary, of course, in this case having been years. And then shortly after admitting "okay so there's actually zero connection in ANY form from this new thing we're releasing to what we said it was a replacement for. also we couldn't get any of the interesting components we said would be in it to work right so now it's just a mindless AOE slaughter farm and called sanctuary onslaught." (bonus points that this was also when they completely stopped talking about the proposed rework to focus gains to allow getting it from more varied gameplay, since now there's just a designated mindless farming mode for them)

Edited by OvisCaedo

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

-snip-

The co-op was, in-fact, forced because you literally could not start or complete them solo. If your squad even had enough players drop out to put your squad size below four players you would outright fail the mission for not having enough players. And regardless of what type of game Warframe is called Trials have been the only forced co-op content apart from some one-time Clan events.

It being unpopular was literally the reason it was pulled instead of them trying to salvage what was already there. The amount of maintenance they required to remain somewhat functional wasn't worth the work hours for the small portion of the playerbase that actually played them. Plus they deemed it not worth the investment to try and fix them because they didn't believe them being stable would even attract more players.

And it doesn't matter how important arcanes are or aren't, the point is that when Trials broke (which was regularly) they were entirely unobtainable. To act like that doesn't matter would be the same as if Gara was repeatedly made unobtainable due to bugs and being okay with that because you don't "need" Gara when Frost exists.

Edited by trst

Just now, trst said:

The co-op was, in-fact, forced because you literally could not start or complete them solo. If your squad even had enough players drop out to put your squad size below four players you would outright fail the mission for not having enough players. And regardless of what type of game Warframe is called Trials have been the only forced co-op content apart from some one-time Clan events

The Co-op was far from forced being this knowledge was given to you before starting a lor it's not a bug or a feature that was not allowed. And again it's no issue with it being Co-op but forced it was not. As its not a mandatory part of the game lor was a co-op game mode simply put. In a co-operative game. Nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to play lor or trials. You again knew what you were getting into when starting to learn them. And the requirements were clearly there for the purpose of the puzzles and mechanics in the mode. It's not forcing you to kill your parents or forcing You to play with the most toxic of bunch. Trials was made for predetermined matchmaking and you would willingly take part in. The ideology that lor forced co-op on you when it was a completely optional game mode makes no sense. 

And again mainly because of the improper coding and less of it being an unpopular gamemode. After the removal of lore on steam the next two months warframe would lose 5k players. One could make an educated guess that around more or the same people left on each console after this update and about 1-4k players left(not saying permanent but as in a drop of active players) during this period as well. Adding up to around ~16-20k players across the entire player base and possibly even more. Later on the player base would spike because of poe and etc we are here now. But this isnt a history or player number lesson as an. Active conclave player on ps4 AT peak I'd say 300 players max are doing conclave outside of the starter queue. And maybe only 800 in total and it's been like that for ages. It would have been more financially profitable in the long run for DE to instead of remove lor to fix the long standing issue in its code. And look at removing conclave vs lor. It wasn't about popularity because again. Even so conclave would've been long gone even if it's less of an investment to fix because being that lor was a pve game mode the community would've been likely to be more welcomed to more lor additions reworks and fixes vs conclave. So no popularity doesn't play as much as a factor as one would assume it would in the removal of said game mode 

16 minutes ago, trst said:

And it doesn't matter how important arcanes are or aren't, the point is that when Trials broke (which was regularly) they were entirely unobtainable. To act like that doesn't matter would be the same as if Gara was repeatedly made unobtainable due to bugs is okay because you don't "need" Gara when Frost exists

Gara is part of a quest and while I may add that Gara is tied into the flagship plains of eidolon so yes it does matter. A "warframe" is a flagship of the game. The ability to get a warframe is crucial. And if a mechanic  would stop you or constantly break from obtaining the main items in the game it'd be an issue. Arcanes serve no true need in the main game play loop and while it's very frustrating that one could go without getting it it's not as important as not being able to get warframe. I see the comparison but it's not a very strong one imo. I never said it doesn't matter either as above you can see me advocating for fixing the gamemode vs removal  of them completely. Also with what I may add that while it does matter again arcanes are not a must have at all. Ask me a man who owns sets because lor was fun and not because I was plat  hungry.

On 2020-02-19 at 6:55 PM, redkunaz said:

De i loved trials, i loved the team coordination, and it was promised they would come back in 2018

I'm still waiting , but something tells me they wont come back until it is 2030 , please just re release it, even with bugs it was fun,

Same thing with the dark sector conflicts, they said the Armistice would be temporary....it's been almost 5 years

On 2020-02-21 at 12:42 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The thing about trials that many people forget was that it was never forced teaming. You'd have to craft a BP and in most cases it's a pre-made group if not all cases.

Trials literally force failed if the number of Tenno in the Team dropped below 4 and wouldn't start if the team size was below 4.

Nobody was forcing you to do trails as well.

Arcanes became standard parts of many builds for the rest of the game, and they used to be locked behind team-only content.

Thankfully DE realised their mistake and changed that, and I'll always campaign for no forced-teaming content to ever happen again.

Please stop spewing that misinformation

Right back atcha

Edited by SilentMobius

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

Trials literally force failed if the number of Tenno in the Team dropped below 4 and wouldn't start if the team size was below 4.

Arcanes became standard parts of many builds for the rest of the game, and they used to be locked behind team-only content.

Thankfully DE realised their mistake and changed that, and I'll always campaign for no forced-teaming content to ever happen again.

Right back atcha

Yes because it's a pre-made group and pre determined. You had to craft a lor road key and such again nobody has forced you to play co-op you willingly signed up for it upon starting lor. 

Not true. It's seen more as a revive then anything being that again to this day many people still don't require or need arcanes for builds and are still more then able to do extended or "hard content" 

It's a co-op game over the years players have tended to opt In for More solo play so it makes no sense to say " this is forced co-op" you don't have to do it great I see you don't like it. But if the content is locked beind there there's no issue towards that. Should I call rj an attempt at forced co-op because it expects you to man a four man ship with other players and actually co-op? Or is it because it doesn't fail you for not meeting the requirements that are set before the mission (if rj had some) Its fine. You keep mentioning that trials would fail below 4 but aren't mentioning that it required you have four players at minimum. Again not forcing anyone but If you wanted arcanes and if you wanted to do the game mode you can do it. The same can be said about eidlons. "I don't want to do eidlons why are you forcing me to do such to get arcanes" nobody is forcing you to do anything but if you want the reward.... Do the content behind it. I  don't really care for orb but Ive done it because I wanted specific items from boss. 

I don't care for kayla but I wanted Saryn. 

I don't care for rj not enjoy it but I wanted the shedu. 

I don't care for or like Oberon so I didn't get Oberon. 

The main thing is nothing was forced you got into said etc with knowledge of the requirements before starting. 

Again stop spreading the information the de made you play lor