Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Arcane Energize getting nerfed?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)DoctorWho_90250:

Hahahahahahahahaha. 

Sorry to tell you but, now without self damage, the bramma will get used more often and become popular. This popularity will lead to players posting about how they hate the bramma and it should be nerfed. DE, "discovering" the weapon is popular will nerf the bramma to hell and we'll get the usual "we didn't expect this to happen" explanation from DE. So enjoy it while it lasts. 

i dont understand why you react so emotional. can you explain?

and there is no reason to care about things that dont happen yet. i played a lot with boltor prime and ogris. they arent "effective". but i done all "high end content" with them fast enough. long defense/surv make no sense anyway.

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

and there is no reason to care about things that dont happen yet. i played a lot with boltor prime and ogris. they arent "effective". but i done all "high end content" with them fast enough. long defense/surv make no sense anyway.

Because I like what I like and DE listens to people who complain the loudest and are unhappy they're not getting the same amount of kills or whatever. This complaining will lead to DE nerfing things. Honestly, there's no point in making the Kuva weapons this strong when we know they'll get nerfed. Just how DE operates sadly. They see people having fun, the community sees people having fun and demand a nerf and DE obliges. 

Sigh. 

17 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

No it's cool. DE don't respect players time for S#&$, who gives a S#&$ if energize is the hardest arcane to get in the game, amiright lmao. Energy gains are S#&$ anyway, energize needed a buff not a Nerf. 

I already knew this was coming. I just want to know what that #*!% this description is supposed to say and mean? This is from a workshop right?! Lol what a joke. 

DE stopped respecting its player base's time ALONG time ago.

26 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

It's akin to getting a present. You get excited, you like what you get. A new toy to play with. After a while, though, you stop getting excited because you know that new toy will get beaten down with a hammer so you stop caring about the presents (which, in this case, are new weapons and frames). 

13 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

@(XB1)YoungGunn82, nothing is set in stone yet buddy. the changes might suck on paper now but DE have gone back and changed things before launch due to backlash in the past. remember the original proposals for damage 3.0? we effectively told them to F off with that, so there could always be a chance they'll remove one of the things, either the cooldown or the duration.

I think this is only going to reinforce the Zenurik Meta and keep people in the Pizzeria (in foundry crafting energy pizzas), and if DE realize this, they may backtrack. we'll juts have to wait and see.

Nah gotchu fam. Not really upset with the potential nerf to energize persay, I can overcome that bullS#&$. Im really just upset at the unclear cryptic description from the dev workshop. Every arcane rework description is clear except for the rarest one of them all. I mean wtf, It's a dev workshop ffs. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Nah gotchu fam. Not really upset with the potential nerf to energize, I can overcome that bullS#&$. Im really just upset at the unclear cryptic description from the dev workshop. Every arcane rework description is clear except for the rarest one of them all. I mean wtf, It's a dev workshop ffs. 

When they get conspicuously vague like that, especially about something so obviously important to the community, they are simply trying to pretend that nothing bad is going to happen when the community finds out just how retarded the nerf is. It hasn't worked before this, but they keep trying. Next time. Next time it will work.

And let me go ahead and put in the spolier: If this is as bad as I think it's going to be, DE might want to go ahead and get some peace offerings lined up for when they try and buy back community goodwill after the fallout. I fully expect Jim Sterling to get involved again when a bunch of people that have put thousands of hours or thousands of plat into building energize sets, have their investment ruined for no reason at all. That'll be some REALLY GOOD publicity for DE, after the SUPER GOOD publicity of Liches and Railjack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kierlak said:

When they get conspicuously vague like that, especially about something so obviously important to the community, they are simply trying to pretend that nothing bad is going to happen when the community finds out just how retarded the nerf is. It hasn't worked before this, but they keep trying. Next time. Next time it will work.

And let me go ahead and put in the spolier: If this is as bad as I think it's going to be, DE might want to go ahead and get some peace offerings lined up for when they try and buy back community goodwill after the fallout. I fully expect Jim Sterling to get involved again when a bunch of people that have put thousands of hours or thousands of plat into building energize sets, have their investment ruined for no reason at all. That'll be some REALLY GOOD publicity for DE, after the SUPER GOOD publicity of Liches and Railjack.

Oh no I get that. They keep dumping on the minority, pretty soon they won't have a majority at all. That said it's the minority that pays thier bills. 

1 hour ago, Kierlak said:

when a bunch of people that have put thousands of hours or thousands of plat into building energize sets, have their investment ruined for no reason at all.

Honestly, I personally don't consider that as a good reason not to change something.  If that truly was the case, then the game wouldn't have ever changed.  Just something to think about.  

44 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Honestly, I personally don't consider that as a good reason not to change something.  If that truly was the case, then the game wouldn't have ever changed.  Just something to think about.  

DE seems to think it's a good reason to not change something. Ask them to reduce the research cost of the Hema.

20 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Meh who cares, like congrats on farming an rng mess for some dumb arcane I guess, I just pity those who actually wasted their time farming for that when it's such a meh arcane.

So if it was so "meh" why did they bother to nerf it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

So if it was so "meh" why did they bother to nerf it? 

Right, especially when all the other "meh" arcanes got a #*!%ing buff. Lol nerfing good S#&$, and buffing bad S#&$ won't make bad S#&$ suddenly good S#&$ in this game. 

On 2020-02-29 at 7:00 AM, Battle.Mage said:

time to sell arcane energize quick!...

I think you're absolutely right. I think there's a little bit of strategy at play here. Meaning I can sell energize right now for top plat. Come back and buy a full set of energize dirt cheap because when duck start selling those arcanes the will become just as common as mods. And since I'm on console I'll just wait and see what it's gonna cost per arcane when the mainlne hits, act accordingly. 

Killing Energize is certainly not the correct decision from DE. They could have buffed all the other Arcanes and be fine with it, but outright killing Energize wasn't mandatory.

Playing this game without energy is a pain in the ass. Now a lot of people is used to playing with Energizes and getting unlimited Energy, going back to "more normal" builds sacrificing one or two mods slots for efficiency will make the game 20 times slower. 20 billion times slower for Exalted Weapons' players.

I know for sure I won't be touching Exalted Weapons / Channeling Warframes with a 20-foot long pole anymore. Not even sure I will touch the game anymore at all to be honest. 😛

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

20 billion times slower for Exalted Weapons' players.

I know for sure I won't be touching Exalted Weapons / Channeling Warframes with a 20-foot long pole anymore

As an admitted Ivara main, I can honestly say that I never relied on Energize.  😛

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

As an admitted Ivara main, I can honestly say that I never relied on Energize.  😛

Yeah Ivara might be fine, but that's more due to the fact that some of her builds don't need tons of stats and Prowl doesn't have an insane drain either.

Daykinox for example will probably be a pain to play efficiently as the Drain (even at 175%+) is still big and it relies also on Strength and Range (and Duration if you also want to play with the rest of the build).

Anyway, I know you can still play without (or with a nerfed) Energize. Just saying it might be a lot less fun, which is why I don't really understand the decision here.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Killing Energize is certainly not the correct decision from DE. They could have buffed all the other Arcanes and be fine with it, but outright killing Energize wasn't mandatory.

Playing this game without energy is a pain in the ass. Now a lot of people is used to playing with Energizes and getting unlimited Energy, going back to "more normal" builds sacrificing one or two mods slots for efficiency will make the game 20 times slower. 20 billion times slower for Exalted Weapons' players.

I know for sure I won't be touching Exalted Weapons / Channeling Warframes with a 20-foot long pole anymore. Not even sure I will touch the game anymore at all to be honest. 😛

U guys having auto unlimited energy is exactly the reason I should be nerfed. 

Also did u forget about pizzas? 

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

which is why I don't really understand the decision here.

It's actually easy to understand for those who remember Steve saying what he wanted to do.  Last year he talked about finally trying to balance the game overall including the enemies, etc.  Only thing is that to do that he also realized that the frames would need to be dealt with first.  

So far it looks like he's planning to do a little of both and starting about about the time that he mentioned.  

1 hour ago, akrid45 said:

U guys having auto unlimited energy is exactly the reason I should be nerfed. 

Also did u forget about pizzas? 

I didn't, but I don't really enjoy having to be static and wait for the pizza ticks to trigger before having to play (which you have to, if playing an Exalted frame, as Pizza don't give you energy if you're channeling while it ticks). Energize was like a free pass to ... enjoy the game. Useless energize = most of channeled frames entirely pointless on quick missions (exterminate or captures), unless you're not bothered with throwing 10 pizzas at the beginning of the mission and every now and then if you run off energy.  

I understand that unlimited energy should be nerfed. But unlimited energy also came at the cost of not using any other Arcane. So this problem could have been solved by buffing all the other ones. Killing Energize will kill any motivation to use energy-hungry warframes. I guess all Steve wants is us to use Inaros, right ? How is "unlimited health points on one Warframe" more balanced than unlimited energy on all ?

Energize also gave you the possibility to play Quick Thinking builds without mandatorily using Hunter's adrenaline. Now you cannot use one without the other. Great. Limiting builds, play how Steve wants instead of how you do.

Energize also allowed you to use Spells even when you're playing high-level Infested missions. So all Warframes relying on Spells will now be entirely useless against high-level Eximii-Ancient-swarmed Infested missions. Yay, Inaros again ? :vomit:

I don't know why he focused on "balancing the game", if this balancing is just changing the pace of the game from "fast" to "sloggish". That's not balancing, that's redesign, that's aiming for another set of players and S#&$ting on the existing community. But I guess that's the aim of the recent updates, as they enjoy adding enemies which are basically immune to everything, that's their view of "fun".

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

On 2020-02-29 at 6:44 AM, RobWasHere said:

From what they described, only gets cooldown. How long, we will see. But you can expect rather no more unlimited energy unless playing in group that also use it.

Good thing i play wisp then, im pretty much non reliant on energy but zenurik already gives alot of energy so i believe we will still in a sense have alot of energy around

12 hours ago, Fire2box said:

You really need to go back to your original comment and then look in a mirror. 

Oh I know what I said but what point are YOU trying to make? 

It sounds like these changes literally dictate if your gunna continue playing or not? If a slight nerf something that's essentially niche (Arcanes are a nice bonus but are not in any way necessary to complete anything in game) then what is your point? 

The only thing that I've ever gotten out of em.....is plat. That's it.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Oh I know what I said but what point are YOU trying to make? 

It sounds like these changes literally dictate if your gunna continue playing or not? If a slight nerf something that's essentially niche (Arcanes are a nice bonus but are not in any way necessary to complete anything in game) then what is your point? 

The only thing that I've ever gotten out of em.....is plat. That's it.

Cram, you are aware that arcanes will be the main rewards for Scarlet Spear? And if you have and R3 right now for 1 full set you will need 11 more for a full set when the update drops..and that's straight up BullS#&$?

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

If a slight nerf something that's essentially niche

They're anything but niche, unsure if you know the definition. There were specific arcanes within the category of arcanes that were of course, but as a whole they have appealing qualities to the majority of users.

In fact, technically they have appealing qualities to everyone, given it costs nothing at all to equip them and just adds to your build.

This is like saying Serration is niche, I mean, you have two other weapons and abilities you can use to complete everything. It's just a nice bonus having a functional primary.