Jump to content

Warframe Revised: Railjack Onboarding Changes Megathread


[DE]Bear

Recommended Posts

I made the entire Railjack but never finalized it so I could do it on stream once they fixed the fun factor of it. Today I clicked the Update Rising Tide and didn't get reimbursed for the boatload of work I did as I have seen some of my friends get. Is there any way this can be resolved. Asking for me. And although this is not actual "proof",  I did post when I finally finished all the parts of my Railjack... The comment says "Oh! Past 4 days I was well enough to 1. start & finish my Railjack (unveiling on 1st stream back on Tuesday) 2. get my 1st Kubrow (cute white girl pup 3. Level up a few Warframe & several weapons AND Finally MRank up to 12, and found the cosplay I will want to do (pic above) with my fav Cuz Wukong Prime ain’t nuthin to Muck with! #playwarframe"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DE... you need to make a threshold on when we can join Railjack squads.

I'm still joining people as they just finished all objectives and vice versa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reduced costs are a welcome change, but I'd like to see component/weapon wreckage repair costs reduced as well, for consistency. Randomized stats compound the problem even further, and I'm always anxious about working on my railjack because of the massive costs of repairing even one component that might be replaceable by the next mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boost.

YVq5lZh.jpg
^
That is the Stamina Meter from Diablo 2. The worst thing about it was that you had to disengage run to get it to refill.

g6g5kEb.png
^
This is the Boost Meter for Railjack. The worst thing about it is that you have to disengage boost to get it to refill.

thawing.gif&f=1&nofb=1Diablo 2 had Stamina Potions, which players could use to bandaid that eventuality.
 (?) Railjack should not require this to make boost more comfortable.

Toggle Boost keeps burning the boost after it's spent.. and it can't regen. Undo boost-toggle once spent out automatically entering a heat accretion cooldown instead. (Please 😃)

Speaking of Heat accretion & cooldown, I want to use the Omni against heat accretion in the ship. Parazon-open maintenance panels: use Omni to hose down heat sinks for Guns, Boosts, & Flux Energy systems, to pull out a bit more efficiency in the function of each.
 

Spoiler
  • Pictured Left, Omni user
  • Pictured right, a Railjack pilot or gunner (and their individual systems.)

l2B5DBq.jpg


The Lurch that we experience after a finishing a boost... could we cancel that by holding back or remaining idle on controls? It's good to have it forward, or even side to side.. but it's not always good, and can be jarring for gunners. For smoother piloting, I'd really like that option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

DE, I feel like people not building Railjack has more to do with the fact it requires you to be in a Clan that has a Dry dock than it does the resources themselves to build. Most noobs and beginners aren't in clans or are in tiny clans with like a couple of friends, I would think. Also there isn't much motivation to actually build a Railjack? It's easier to load into missions if you actually want to do it, but if you don't at all, you can buy Pennant and Quellor and Shedu pieces with plat. The only thing that NEEDS you to play Railjack is sentient Anomaly for the Ephemera, but a lot of people don't actually care about ephemera or even know about it. There really isn't any point, especially with how buggy it is and hard to find missions to load into.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowering requirement is good, but imo that is NOT the "barrier" to enter Railjack. It's all those little things that work against the fun or enjoyment of playing it. It's not (only) the bugs, it's that (unlike Archwing) you cannot just build it and go.

A text would be too long, so I made a video about my issues with Railjack if anyone cares to watch:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say, this change feels like you've stolen my sense of accomplishment. 

Building my Railjack was a point of pride. I spent time grinding resources and credits. I waited days to see it come to life, piece by piece. When I was finished, I remember leaping around my drydock in joy and awe of my glorious capital ship. 

Now? It feels like I just bought some cheap blueprint from the dojo, and whipped up yet another basic item. It feels less than a prime warframe.I climbed a mountain to get here, and now when I look down, all I see is a tiny hill beneath me. This change made it easier for the lazy masses, yes, but it has also stolen the true pride of accomplishment from those of us that put the effort into really EARNING our wings. This isn't exactly a change you can undo, since you've already refunded the materials, but you need to know that for me at least, you've really ruined the experience of Empyrean. Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-17 at 4:56 PM, (XB1)JediDreams said:

I would like to say, this change feels like you've stolen my sense of accomplishment. 

Building my Railjack was a point of pride. I spent time grinding resources and credits. I waited days to see it come to life, piece by piece. When I was finished, I remember leaping around my drydock in joy and awe of my glorious capital ship. 

Now? It feels like I just bought some cheap blueprint from the dojo, and whipped up yet another basic item. It feels less than a prime warframe.I climbed a mountain to get here, and now when I look down, all I see is a tiny hill beneath me. This change made it easier for the lazy masses, yes, but it has also stolen the true pride of accomplishment from those of us that put the effort into really EARNING our wings. This isn't exactly a change you can undo, since you've already refunded the materials, but you need to know that for me at least, you've really ruined the experience of Empyrean. Thanks. 

Building your ship is just the beginning. The real cost in time to build a ship that can actually fight is 100x higher and it's not been changed at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reduce the grind on RJ entirely. Like can you just delete titanium and make that drop alloy plate? 

I don't mean to be rude... but the titanium grind makes me go... DE cannot be serious. Do you even play your own game? 

I know some of you do play the game which just baffles me on why you make certain decisions. Why is every single resource different for RJ? can you please link RJ to some of the more normal farms? Just with some of the basic nonsense. Like the four initial resources were fine but RJ could use a resource simplifier. why are there a DOZEN unique resources when we have met only a single faction? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion, but I think the intrinsics grind needs a bit of rebalancing for when you have 2 or more of the skills at rank 8 and above. I have Gunnery and Engineering at rank 9, Tactical 7,Piloting 6, and the intrinsics gained after getting 2 rank 9 skills are slowing down to a snail's pace. With the affinity weekend and affinity booster I get just under 20 intrinsics per run in Veil Proxima, which would translate to 5 intrinsics per run without any kind of boosters. Considering the amount of intrinsics needed to max out each skill and the fact that intrinsics gained decreases with each level me and my friends are getting burnt-out fast. I was also informed of some kind of issue that if you max out 3 of the skill trees to rank 10 you'll stop earning intrinsics all together. 

The only way I can see this fixed is if you rebalance the intrinsics grind or give us double affinity weekend, specifically for Railjack, every other weekend or once a month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are still some parts in railjack which feel weird.

1) boost Meter deplets to fast. Boosting feels terrible now. May we get an avionic that extends the boost time ?

2) remove the Refine Button in the Forge. Ist can lead to a Desaster when used in the middle of a Mission.

3) piloting intrinsics feel useless with such a short boosting time.

4) deviding the avionics in the selection Screen by houses ist no longer needed. Could you devide them by category Combat, piloting, engineering, tactical ?

Thx for your time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-05-14 at 9:06 AM, (XB1)JcAnfis said:

There are still some parts in railjack which feel weird.

1) boost Meter deplets to fast. Boosting feels terrible now. May we get an avionic that extends the boost time ?

2) remove the Refine Button in the Forge. Ist can lead to a Desaster when used in the middle of a Mission.

3) piloting intrinsics feel useless with such a short boosting time.

4) deviding the avionics in the selection Screen by houses ist no longer needed. Could you devide them by category Combat, piloting, engineering, tactical ?

Thx for your time. 

i would say give a polaride slot also the same motive to why i hated the changed of the enemy spawn being to close they made the railjack basically a turret to eliminate all them throwing away to fly 5 minutes straight on archwing to actually play the interesting part of railjack that is sabotaging invading enemy ship and bases

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure this is the right place to signal that, but yesterday I encountered the issue where firing forward artillery at the back of a crewship would hit something (likely its engines?) for 0 damage and thus negate the shot entirely. I'm pretty sure that was fixed in a previous hotfix, well apparently somehow it's back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-10 at 6:50 AM, Duality52 said:

It had been noticed before, but there is a large inconsistency of Affinity Gain in Empyrean:

Gokstad Crewships:

Gokstad Crewships suffer from the issue of how they do not give Affinity when destroyed through these means:

  • Destroyed by overloading the reactor on the inside.
  • Destroyed by the Forward Artillery.

The only odd way to get Affinity from the ship is by overloading its reactor, then depleting the rest of the Crewship's health during its destruction. There's a good chance the ship will be ignored. Not to mention that blowing the ship up with the Cannon will gain nothing but resources since the Gokstad Grineer on board died to environmental damage. Most players would also ignore said Grineer just to blow up the ship, gaining no Affinity whatsoever.

Ramsleds:

Ramsleds give the same Affinity as any of the Fighters. Its seven boarders, however, would give a higher total Affinity than the Ramsled itself. This means that getting boarded would get you more Affinity than destroying the Ramseld.

 

Ugh, farming for sabot rounds is the worst. I really think that the game should track the number of grineer in crewships and ramsleds, and allow mod drops, credits, etc to be vacuumed up in space even if they die by having their ship destroyed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not been able to find anything concerning this and Railjack, I like Railjack but it feels like some things are intended well but make it really difficult to just go in with fresh people providing a good service to people checking it out without having built the Railjack as it is to much of a hassle to allow these players to fly with you.

The Navigation console you just finished the mission and your flying towards the nearest wreckage and some random just decides to start the next mission, how is it that the captain does not choose the next destination or there is not even a Vote it just goes straight to the next mission. Locking this to the host which is also the pilot would be the best thing, it would require a "End mission to not be a Abort mission for crew members though so I understand the reason for it but still it is massivly annoying.

Gunnery having access to the ships Battle Avionics, I get that certain Battle avionics voiid hole or Seeker volley would be good for gunner to control but Particle Ram is the worst for the gunner to control. I had a joined and he kept constantly casting and launching it. It might be good to lock certain slots so for example. Offensive Battle slot is for Gunnery but Defensive and Super Battle slot is Pilots choice, this would require moving some Avionics but still it would make it much easier to open it up without ruining the fight.

Sure this can all be solved in a group of know players but it feels like it goes against the principle of Warframe of popping on jumping on a node killing things without big prep. But Railjack needs that bit more locking off in some aspects to make it worth for a Pilot to not just lock off their ship to anyone because it is less hassle of constantly rebuilding Flux because someone is wasting it for a skill they have no need to use.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShadowTalons said:

I have not been able to find anything concerning this and Railjack, I like Railjack but it feels like some things are intended well but make it really difficult to just go in with fresh people providing a good service to people checking it out without having built the Railjack as it is to much of a hassle to allow these players to fly with you.

The Navigation console you just finished the mission and your flying towards the nearest wreckage and some random just decides to start the next mission, how is it that the captain does not choose the next destination or there is not even a Vote it just goes straight to the next mission. Locking this to the host which is also the pilot would be the best thing, it would require a "End mission to not be a Abort mission for crew members though so I understand the reason for it but still it is massivly annoying.

Gunnery having access to the ships Battle Avionics, I get that certain Battle avionics voiid hole or Seeker volley would be good for gunner to control but Particle Ram is the worst for the gunner to control. I had a joined and he kept constantly casting and launching it. It might be good to lock certain slots so for example. Offensive Battle slot is for Gunnery but Defensive and Super Battle slot is Pilots choice, this would require moving some Avionics but still it would make it much easier to open it up without ruining the fight.

Sure this can all be solved in a group of know players but it feels like it goes against the principle of Warframe of popping on jumping on a node killing things without big prep. But Railjack needs that bit more locking off in some aspects to make it worth for a Pilot to not just lock off their ship to anyone because it is less hassle of constantly rebuilding Flux because someone is wasting it for a skill they have no need to use.

 

 

well, this is an issue for as long as railjack went online... funny enough, sometimes only the host can use the nav-console, as i suspect was the original intend of the mechanism. i never found any coherence as for when and who the navigation can be used for other team members too - for there are reasons this might be allowed (e.g. host-migration let someone else in charge of the old-hosts ship or if the host got bugged out - which happened a lot in the first weeks of railjack).

beside some of the obvious 'fallback' mechanisms, there are two things that would help against the annoyance of said random dude using the nav: 1) let the host designate who can and who can't use the navigation (and maybe even the pilot-seat too) with the default on "only host". 2) don't let a new mission start automatically - just make it like every other mission in warframe that the team has at least a choice if they want that or not. add to that, a veto for the host that overrule any mission requests and it should be fine.

i seriously have to wonder why no one at DE ever thought of such simple and already 'in the game' mechanics (well, more or less so). also, years of experience with their own creation and of use feedback should have told them even before the release that the system in use gives a lot of grievance... sometimes i think DE likes to torture us players with such unnecessary things just for the giggles ^^)

Link to post
Share on other sites

the thing that puts me off quite a bit, now that i have my ship equipt with allmost the best gear available, is the way we have to organize the ship- and weaponparts after a (set of) mission(s). true, it's far better now than it was at the start, but one thing still is bothering me. the way we can't effectivly select the stuff we want to scrap in one short go - visualize how a good file manager (so, not the windows explorer, though it too would do for this example ^^)  works: show the essential information about an item (file) and let the user filter and select a batch of them if wanted - then use the operation (scrap in case of the game).

in the browser of the the railjack parts, everything is stored in two main-tabs with the equipment even in 3 sub 'tabs'. build and 'stil wrecked' parts are put in the same list with only a little visual extention to what is what and after each 'operation' the list will not only auto-jump back to the top, it also shuffles around items of the same familie and rank, so that you have to re-examin the damn thing every single time to prevent accidently scrapping of parts you might want to keep. sure, you don't have to press TAB now every time like it was at the start, but it still is a laborious thing to do and cost more minutes that would better be spend playing.

would that be a file manger for real, i would instantly uninstall it and then burn the source code of it to make sure it won't come back life again... what i say is: go and 'borrow' the good ideas that are around the world and then use them in you product instead of constantly re-inventing the bloody wheel all over again. afterall, there is no patent or trademark on fundamental concepts, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...