The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Arcane Changes Megathread

SilverBones

2 часа назад, DarkalphaMKX сказал:

For an Arcane we have spent thousand+ plat on (and soon to be much more to get to rank 5), please fix ASAP. As an Oberon player, Arcane energize is essential to maintaining renewal - especially since we cannot use Rage/Hunter Adrenaline as consistently as before.

what happened to rage and adrenalin?

Im really dissapointe in the changes regarding Arcane Tanker. It completely feels useless now compared to the old balane aa the Armor gain is exact to a Rank 3 Tanker with just an extended duration,which doesnt under any circumstance feel good amd it completely breaks the consistency of the (1.5 worth of old stacking).

I am highly salty as this also breaks my long time Rhino build as it HALVES the Iron Skin size I could get with this.Hope it is bumped into 1800 at least,or I feae this Tanker will be worthless

• Like 6

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Monohai:

Please revert or lower the cooldown on Grace/Energize. 15s cooldown for Energize is too long. 5 seconds for Energize would've been fine

yes and make MUCH higher drop chances for it. or even better: add it to other mission rotations. this set is nearly impossible to get and not everybody enjoys eidolons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Egathentale said:

Just tested Arcane Energize with Ivara. Essentially it's just a cooldown, no over-time regen (which makes the description of the change very misleading and someone should fix that ASAP). You pick up an orb, and you instantly get the extra energy like usual. The 15 sec cooldown is a bit of a bummer, but for Ivara, it is still more than enough to function as usual. I am going to test it with Titania later, as she is actually much more reliant on this. A high duration/efficiency Ivara can easily wait out the 15 seconds until the next Energize boost, but Titania can't, as she is much more of an energy-guzzler than our favorite huntress.

TL;DR: There is only a cooldown added, otherwise Energize works the same as always. It's less convenient now, but still good. Bullet dodged.

I mean not entirely, 15 I would say is a lot, I would say 5 or 8, really not looking for this changes without some tweaks. Otherwise would be not worth to farm energize. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ledra said:

what happened to rage and adrenalin?

With the way shields etc work now they're basically not as efficient as before so you get less energy overall unless your frame has no shields.  Or at least that's how it seems to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarmok said:

I´ll say the same thing I said on the devstream thread. This is an unnecessary change that literally craps all over player´s progression and sense of accomplishment. Evidently you do not care at all, but taking away a max rank from someone who has spent hundreds of hours farming for something (in a time-gated system might I add) and forcing them to grind MORE copies than they actually had to grind the first time is just disgusting. Sure, you may say nobody is forcing me to get the max rank, but let´s face it - everyone wants the max rank. And they had the max rank. Until you decided otherwise. People kept selling their excess copies, gifting them even, because why not? There was nothing else to do with them. Just imagine you´re the guy who gifted or sold, let´s say, a full set of Energize, because they did not need more than one maxed copy (it IS enough for just about anything other than crazy low eff builds that mostly min-maxers use). Now they have to farm it all over again because you decided to add two ranks.

You are literally downranking my arcanes, nerfing the ones that are actually useful (and have a much lower rate to drop, which means they are supposed to be better than the others) and basically telling me that I have to do that grind all over again to get a worse version of what I was using before.

Nothing will change as far as the spread of usage goes - it´s still gonna be the 3-5 actually useful arcanes that everyone will keep on using because the other are borderline useless for the vast majority of the game. But sure, let´s keep adding "resistance to X status proc" arcanes that nobody every uses aside from 1 boss fight, because why the hell not. The more rewards in the drop tables, the less chance to get what you want, the more time spent grinding. So right away you failed to do what you wanted to do with this change and you just increased the grind.

Furthermore, this change does not really affect (grind-wise) the people that actually did doublestack all that much because all they need is one more copy. However everyone else gets totally f***** by this because now they need more than double the amount to max out their arcanes. And again, I don´t care that some useless or niche arcanes got buffed. Everyone will keep on using those that are widely useful and the two most important ones are worse at rank 5 than they were on rank 3 previously.

This is an arbitrary grind increase presented as rebalancing which will achieve nothing aside from evening out the usage of the 3-5 most popular arcanes which everyone was already using. And sure, you can choose whichever you want in the new operation. So basically you´re telling me that I have the option of either grinding the Eidolons, or the operation, but I will still have to grind nevertheless. Just wait till we see the actual prices of the arcanes in the operation. I bet they are going to be ridiculously high and of course you can only buy the arcanes with the currency gained in the event. Because why the hell would you allow people to buy it let´s say for credits or whatever else that we can get outside of the operation. That would not increase the grind and that is clearly not your goal here.

Rant over, nothing will change anyway. You ignored all the feedback you got (hell, the devstream thread has over 40 pages of feedback) so why the hell would you act on it now. The damage is already done anyway and I´m pretty sure you can´t even roll it back now even if you wanted to, which you clearly don´t.

Have a nice day and thank you for ruining my progression. Really appreciate it.

Same page, really hoping to see some changes with this update, but all we can do is that, hope. 

• Like 4

Arcane Tanker R5 only gives 1200 armor instead of the 1800 that was shown in dev workshop. The amount of grind for this arcane to work in fortuna and profit taker bounties alone only so that we got the value halved with a nonsensical buff in duration is a slap to the face. Nevermind the hours of Arbitrations to get it to drop instead of the 17th Step Ephemera. This arcane allowed Rhino's Iron Skin to get up there with the bigger tanks like Inaros, Nidus and Gara, since about half of the other arcanes either dont work or are useless with Iron Skin. It's still possible to get there, but we need to jump through extra hoops to also proc Arcane Ultimatum when we grind for 21 of it.  Please change it back to be 1800 with lower duration, or even better buff it to 2400, like you doubled the effect of Arcane Ultimatum.

Arcane Acceleration and Arcane Tempo are basically the same thing, only that one is a nerf in regards to chance and weapon limit.

Edited by T-Shark69
  • Like 2

Just now, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Maybe it's their way of combating a new age of WF players and trying to artificially add content, by just upping the requirements. 

Seems like it,  which is a shame, this people doesn't know what we had gone through, and does not realize that this will happen to them as well. 

• Like 1

I honestly don't know how bad these changes are since I've only tested cooldowns on grace and energize in simulacrum and not in an actual mission... but 15 seconds for energize does seem a bit too long if you're running negative (or neutral) efficiency on your build. Grace's 8 seconds would've been fine for energize too.

Edited by .cry
  • Like 1

Could we get a way to see how many ranked arcanes we have? When I go buy an arcane from a vendor, I can only see the total I have (One rank 3 and two rank 0, so it shows I have 3 total).

Gets a bit confusing to have to check if I have one arcane maxed or how many I still need to get to the max rank.

Please make all the arcane cooldowns 5 seconds/revert the changes and we can be satisfied!! Please DE, Time spent grinding and farming items doesn’t equal time spent Enjoying the game. Don’t punish your players, you’re hurting yourselves also.

Edited by (PS4)Dredgen_Vor
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Egathentale said:

Just tested Arcane Energize with Ivara. Essentially it's just a cooldown, no over-time regen (which makes the description of the change very misleading and someone should fix that ASAP). You pick up an orb, and you instantly get the extra energy like usual. The 15 sec cooldown is a bit of a bummer, but for Ivara, it is still more than enough to function as usual. I am going to test it with Titania later, as she is actually much more reliant on this. A high duration/efficiency Ivara can easily wait out the 15 seconds until the next Energize boost, but Titania can't, as she is much more of an energy-guzzler than our favorite huntress.

TL;DR: There is only a cooldown added, otherwise Energize works the same as always. It's less convenient now, but still good. Bullet dodged.

No, No remove the cooldown OUTRIGHT or make the cooldown 5 seconds! Don’t hold their hands 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, .cry said:

It does work. I just tested it myself. It still gives 100 (maybe more? not sure) energy instantly on proc. It's not a slow energy regen like zenurik dash. You just have to wait for the cooldown to pass for it to trigger again. 

And the only mechanic in game that uses cooldowns are Profit Taker for archguns and Simaris in ESO because he likes “challenge” Arcanes shouldn’t be in the mix.

• Like 1