Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Arcane Changes Megathread

SilverBones

Arcane Changes

After years of Arcanes as a system - with several additions to the offerings and replacement locations, we are doing several things:

- Increasing the maximum Rank of Warframe and Operator Arcanes to 5, up from 3. Arcane Revives are a bonus that begins on Rank 3. 
- Adjusting the power of Arcanes at Rank 5 to generally behave as if you had 1.5 equipped, list as follows:

Spoiler

Arcane Acceleration:
On Rank 5: On Critical Hit:
30% chance for 90% Fire Rate to Primary Weapons for 9s. 

Arcane Aegis: 

On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:
3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

Arcane Agility:

On Rank 5: on Damaged:
60% chance for +60% Parkour Velocity for 18s.

Arcane Arachne: 

On Rank 5: On Wall Latch:
150% Damage for 30s.

Added a Cooldown

Arcane Avenger:

On Rank 5: On Damaged:
21% chance for +45% Critical Chance for 12s

Arcane Awakening:

On Rank 5: On Reload:
60% chance for +150% Damage to Pistols for 24s

Arcane Barrier:

6% chance to instantly restore all Shields.

Arcane Blade Charger:
On Rank 5: On Primary Weapon Kill
30% chance for +300% Melee Damage for 12s

Arcane Bodyguard: 

On Rank 5: On 6 Melee Kills within 30s
Heal Companion for 900

Arcane Consequence:

On Rank 5: On Headshot:
100% Chance for +60% Parkour Velocity for 18s. 

Arcane Deflection:

On Rank 5: 

102% chance to resist a Slash Damage effect

Arcane Energize:
On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup

60% chance to replenish Energy to nearby Allies

Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

• Arcane Energize will still give Energy to toggled Warframe Abilities - this has been asked a lot. 

Arcane Eruption:
On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup

100% chance to Knockdown nearby enemies. 

Arcane Fury:

60% chance for +180% Melee Damage to Melee Weapons for 18s

Arcane Grace

On Rank 5: On Health Damaged:

9% chance for +6% Health Regeneration/s for 9s

Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

Arcane Guardian

On Rank 5: On Damaged:

15% chance for +900 Armor for 20s

Arcane Healing

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Radiation Damage effect

Arcane Ice

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Heat Damage effect

Arcane Momentum

60% chance for +150% Reload Speed to Sniper Rifles for 12s

Arcane Nullifier

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Magnetic Damage effect

Arcane Phantasm

On Rank 5: On Parry:

45% Chance for +60% Speed for 18s

Arcane Pistoleer

On Rank 5: On Pistol Headshot Kill:

60% Chance for +102% Ammo Efficiency for 12s

Arcane Precision

100% Chance for +300% Damage to Pistols for 18s

Arcane Primary Charger

On Rank 5: On Melee Kill:

30% chance for +300% Primary Weapon Damage for 12s

Arcane Pulse - Increased stats and added cool down

On Rank 5: On Health Pickup:

60% chance to Heal nearby allies

Arcane Rage

15% chance for a +180% Damage to Primary Weapons for 24s

Arcane Resistance

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Toxin Damage effect

Arcane Strike

On Rank 5: On Hit:

15% chance for +60% Attack Speed to Melee Weapons for 18s

Arcane Tanker- Increase the durations cool down

On Rank 5: On Archgun Equipped:

+1200 Armor for 60s

Arcane Tempo

15% chance for +90% Fire Rate to Shotguns for 12s

Arcane Trickery

On Rank 5: On Finisher:

15% chance to become invisible for 30s

Arcane Ultimatum - increased stats and duration

On Rank 5: On Finisher:

100% chance for +1200 Armor for 45s

Arcane Velocity

90% chance for +120% Fire Rate to Pistols for 9s

Arcane Victory

On Rank 5: On Headshot Kill:

75% chance for +3% Health Regeneration/s for 9s

Arcane Warmth

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Cold Damage Effect.

Magus Arcane Changes:

Magus Accelerant

On Rank 5: On Void Blast:

Reduce Enemy Resistance to Heat Damage by 65%

Magus Anomaly

On Rank 5: On Transference In:

Enemies within 30m are pulled towards Warframe

Magus Cadence

On Rank 5: On Void Dash:

100% chance for +90% Sprint Speed for 12s

Magus Cloud

On Rank 5: On Void Mode:

+300% Void Dash Radius for 6s

• We have reworked Magus Cloud, since its original design was not popular.

Magus Destruct

Reduce Enemy Resistance to Puncture Damage by 65%

Magus Drive

Increase K-Drive Speed by 150% for 30s

Magus Elevate

95% chance to restore 300 Health to Warframe

Magus Firewall

Generate Void Particles every 1s up to 6 particles, each granting 12,5% Damage Reduction for 60s. Taking damage consumes a particle.

Magus Glitch

On Rank 5: On Transference Static:

102% chance to negate Transference Static

Magus Husk

On Rank 5: On Transference Out:

+150 Armor

Magus Lockdown

Drop a mine that tethers up to 10 enemies in 15m. After 4s it explodes dealing 60% of their Health as Puncture Damage.

Magus Melt

Increase Heat Damage in Operator Mode by 20% for 15s, stacking up to 7x.

Magus Nourish

Restores 35 Health/s to Warframe

Magus Overload

Stun robotic enemies for 3s, which then discharge Electricity Damage dealing 80% of their Max Health to anyone within 25.

Magus Repair

Heal Warframes within 30m by 25% Health/s.

Magus Replenish

100% chance to heal 30% Health.

Magus Revert

Use again within 3s, to return the Operator to their original position at no energy cost, Restores 60 Health. 3s cooldown.

Magus Vigor:

+300 Health

• Removing the ability to Equip two of the same Arcane simultaneously. 
  • Added the ability to Distill assembled Arcanes back into multiple unranked ones.
  • Arcanes that can trigger again while the Arcane is active are indicated in the Arcane Manager screen with a ‘Duration Can Refresh’ text.
  • Arcanes will require 21 Arcanes to reach the new Max Rank of 5. Scarlet Spear will feature a buy-what-you-want shop for Arcanes based on the currency earned in the event. It will launch in March shortly after this Mainline.

Why: The reasoning here is mainly toward the ability to equip two of the same Arcane. This reasoning is one of past inconsistency and time determining intent. There are a lot of builds that specialize the use of two Arcanes, but we want to encourage a variety instead of duplication. Arcanes are the only Upgrade system in the game that allows two of the exact same upgrade to be equipped - and we would rather players have variety than duplications. In the same way you can’t equip Amalgam Serration and regular Serration, you can’t equip multiple Rivens per weapon, or any duplication of Mods at all, Arcanes will follow. But we are making major changes to the Ranking (up from 3 to 5 with power changes). Instead of having 2 of the same Arcane with a double effect, you can now choose between 2 different Arcanes that behave (generally) at 1.5x efficacy than before. 

Please remember to leave your feedback in a constructive and civil manner! Remember, this thread is for FEEDBACK ONLY. If you have a bug, please make sure you submit your bug on this thread and follow the new guidelines!

• Like 4

It would be nice if arcanes were available in a wider variety of content. Operator arcanes come from eidolon night farming only which is really boring to farm the little guys and pointlessly stringent meta and frustrating to farm the big guys, there's a very small set and not very good set of arcanes available from arbitration, and the rest are hidden away in obscure hard to get into content.

• Like 19

Given you only get 1.5x the benefit of a single rank 3 compared to a double stack surely the arcanes needed to increase to that level should really be only another 50% too. Making you require 15 arcanes instead of 21. Its already so much work securing just 10 of the things. Two full stacks plus one extra is so much investment for only a minor gain

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, BokuNoNico said:

Arcane Energize does NOT go through toggeled drain abilites like you promised as seen here:
https://gyazo.com/165e02d19e2425f1bcaab003c179396a

For an Arcane we have spent thousand+ plat on (and soon to be much more to get to rank 5), please fix ASAP. As an Oberon player, Arcane energize is essential to maintaining renewal - especially since we cannot use Rage/Hunter Adrenaline as consistently as before.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Given you only get 1.5x the benefit of a single rank 3 compared to a double stack surely the arcanes needed to increase to that level should really be only another 50% too. Making you require 15 arcanes instead of 21. Its already so much work securing just 10 of the things. Two full stacks plus one extra is so much investment for only a minor gain

Agree with this, it is also sucks that they didn't provide us with extra Arcanes to help us fill out the ones we're missing, so quite legit we're sitting ducks, with only a low % of Arcanes. Granting people refunded Arcanes who've dispelled them, SHOULD get the needed amount to fully rank them.

This move feels like it was used to find an excuse for us to be pretty much forced to play the event, when it comes out. highly scummy.

Edit: I've dispelled the Arcanes and still it requires extra to fully level them.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Added more details
  • Like 5

Honest first thoughts on arcanes from open worlds... I'll look at normal arcanes after the event where they're supposedly easier to get hold of...

IMO you need lower prices if you want us to try different options... there just isn't enough content in open worlds to cover 210,000 standing for a maxed gold arcane.... hell it's going to cost me over 200k just to upgrade my 2 most used ones and in all honesty that feels excessive considering the 'not going to increase the grind' comments. 

In essence I can only do the orb mother so many times before I'm bored senseless and farming toroids is even worse.... and PoE/quills is even worse with eidolons being the 'best approach' for standing....  I basically have no reason to go back to the open worlds when I have all it's rewards (this has been an issue since PoE that wasn't resolved with OV) and needing to grind out standing for arcanes isn't going to change that, I just won't bother with trying different options. 

I won't even mention the artificial time gating that of the daily standing cap because I think most of us will agree that's annoying... meaning I basically need to wait 3 days (I'm mr27) before I can max 2 gold arcanes from rank 3 even with a fully maxed out standing already.

I haven't even checked if the result is a 'net nerf' at rank 5 as some look to be no better than the old rank 3s by the looks of it.... more cost for no gain is just wrong imo.  EDIT: checked now... yeah don't like the rank 5 stats, that would have been rank 4 in the old setup so something needs to be changed to make that fair... it's a net nerf at equal ranks. 

Why aren't the zaws also up to 5 ranks... I actually have left over arcanes I could use there...

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 7

Arcane Aegis: I cannot yet comment on whether its effective strength or proc rate is enough after the massive nerf, however it might remain at least somewhat useful by still allowing shield regenerate without a delay. I still urge you to reconsider the overall nerf though, the regeneration rate as a flat value was really great for squishier frames which already suffer a lot in high level content, and the proc chance is now lower than the more powerful Arcane Barrier.

Edited by Mephane
  • Like 3

I'm 99% sure the patch note for Arcane Aegis is a typo. Really. Maybe 99.5% sure.

If I'm wrong then it is the only arcane to have its maximum effect multiplied by 0.5 instead of 1.5, which seems unlikely.

Note says:

Arcane Aegis: 
3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

I'm virtually certain those values are what are being added to the previous values.

It should be:

Arcane Aegis: 
9% chance for +90% Shield Recharge for 32s.

Edited by rstripn
  • Like 5

Just tested Arcane Energize with Ivara. Essentially it's just a cooldown, no over-time regen (which makes the description of the change very misleading and someone should fix that ASAP). You pick up an orb, and you instantly get the extra energy like usual. The 15 sec cooldown is a bit of a bummer, but for Ivara, it is still more than enough to function as usual. I am going to test it with Titania later, as she is actually much more reliant on this. A high duration/efficiency Ivara can easily wait out the 15 seconds until the next Energize boost, but Titania can't, as she is much more of an energy-guzzler than our favorite huntress.

TL;DR: There is only a cooldown added, otherwise Energize works the same as always. It's less convenient now, but still good. Bullet dodged.

Edited by Egathentale
  • Like 3

Good idea, bad execution.

List of the BAD:

First: More grind for maxed arcanes is bad. Widens the gap between those that have max rank arcanes and the rest.

Second: Balance out the window. 

Damage arcanes buffed way too high. Like arcane precision(300% damage with every headshot), what the hell DE? this is like an extra dispo 1.5 riven on secondaries. Now that you cannot double stack, this fits nicely, making secondaries do way more damage than any primary. 

Arcane barrier vs aegis, why does barrier has double the chance as it already has a better effect? instant full shields is better that 30% shield recharge for 12s. 

Again, like so may times before chances were push out without proper testing. 

• Like 3

En 5/3/2020 a las 13:21, BokuNoNico dijo:

As you can see, it does not. I do not get any energy regeneration nor does my drain get lower.

It does work. I just tested it myself. It still gives energy instantly on proc. It's not a slow energy regen like zenurik dash. You just have to wait for the cooldown to pass for it to trigger again. 

Edited by Cielo
correction

I did 843x3 captured eidolon and 141x3 killed, so.. i won't farm them anymore. and now, they ask 1 more arcane to get our rank 5, even tho' i had 2 set of each, thanks DE.. one more smart move.. and that cooldown.. but hey , they want MORE variety, sure, by nerfing our options we'll get more variety ! uh ? 😄

• Like 5

vor 4 Minuten schrieb .cry:

It does work. I just tested it myself. It still gives 100 (maybe more? not sure) energy instantly on proc. It's not a slow energy regen like zenurik dash. You just have to wait for the cooldown to pass for it to trigger again. 

Didn't they say they would change it to only being a regeneration?

Arcanes are one of the things i barely have - and a few of those are ever useful. So the few i got were often double equipped - so now i'm stuck with a empty slot or equipping one that does nothing for my build.

And the next update purchase option is not a solution - the capped reputation grinds are one of the features i loathe in warframe - when i have time (like weekends), i hit the cap and waste  the rest or waste the cap when i don't have time.

The arcanes are just hidden behind systems that require lengthy grind and/or timing(day/night cycle) and time + luck with good groups.

• Like 3

The doubling doesn't really effect me, since 99% of my frames were running the same Guardian+Energize combo... which is going to stay the same after this. Still, for those who had the time or money to double-stack, please accept my sincere condolences.