nutley99

Question

14 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, nutley99 said:

what does it drop from

The Wiki generally has the answer to that question:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Life_Strike

Source

... mind, there's other ways to heal yourself for free, that don't cost a precious Mod slot on your Melee.
You can e.g. get healing from your Companion (Medi-Ray / Hunter Recovery, also Synth Set Mods)
or from your [spoiler for later Quests], my preferred method there is a certain "Repair" thingamajig 🙂 
Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 1

I have a feeling you're planning to use Hunter Adrenaline (or Rage) and Life Strike together, but that's probably just me thinking of how I normally set up my Exalted-melee-frames.

That said, what @NinjaZeku shared about where it can drop would translate to 'it drops far more easily in Orb Vallis'. I personally either use Life Strike, or ensure the 'frame has other ways to get the health back - like Inaros, Nidus, Grendel, or Revenant for example having their own ways to self-heal.

To get Life Strike:

Crack relics, sell parts, buy Life Strike - IMHO, drop rate is not farmable, this is a player-trade item.

Option to Life Strike:

Consider Healing Return instead - 11 pts per hit may not sound like much, but continuous use adds up - requrires status effect on target too, but can work very well. It can also be a better self-healing option for combo-count fighters. (unfortunately, this mod is not any easier to get)

Edited by Canach

15 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

... mind, there's other ways to heal yourself for free, that don't cost a precious Mod slot on your Melee.

on the other hand, with melees being the most powerful type of weapons in the game, 1 melee od slot won't hurt as much as say warframe or primary slot 🙂

1 hour ago, tzadquiel said:

on the other hand, with melees being the most powerful type of weapons in the game, 1 melee od slot won't hurt as much as say warframe or primary slot 🙂

I mean, I specifically gave recommendations that use up neither of those slots, either 😛

Magus Repair + Life Strike = cheese pretty much everything

Healing Return is great for the starchart, but against high level enemies won't cut the deal (the damage they will inflict to you is much greater than what HR can compensate for). Even Magus Repair struggles in some situation where the Warframe is under constant barrage of heavy fire, because the amount of health replenished isn't enough to survive to the next [spoiler out], of course there are workarounds for this (such as unlocking

passives that extend your energy and thus allowing you to get out from the heat of the battle) but if you want the cheesiest way... MR+LS and you are good to go.