Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #140!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

All I heard and remember off the top of my head was about changes to damage.
Something about radiation no longer making enemies attack each other, and instead make damage scale/stack in some way.
I remember saying that, it made no sense.

That was specifically in the context of Kuva Liches getting Rad procced, basically it would increase the amount of damage that they would take from other radiation Procced enemies (Who themselves would be dealing bonus damage to allies from their own radiation procs)

@DE #1 Be safe. A week delay on a release won't kill us. It might feel like it but we'll survive.

# 2 : Please give us information about the next iteration of Warframe Revised. There was practically nothing in the devstream, and that's at least a third of what the audience was looking for. The 1/3 of us looking for scarlet spear info got a lot. The 1/3 of us looking for more info on other stuff weren't really expecting to see much in a devstream setting anyway :)

Summary of devstream:

* DE is transitioning to work at home as precaution against covid19

* Tennocon 2020 is digital only for same reason

* Double resources until monday 9 am eastern

* Toxic ancients no longer give gas resistance to allies

* Liches will soon be affected by status effects. Special versions of impact and radiation procs for bosses.

* New primes are Titania (including prime exalted weapons), Corinth (shotgun), Pangolin (sword)

* Titania now hovers like wisp and has archwing-style blink

* Modular archwings are very far along. 60 basic combinations with additional permutations for less visible stat combos. The part which determines mastery is the "engine" which is the same as the current 4 non-modular archwings. Each archwing you already own will automatically grant the associated components so you can immediately build a modular combination from what you already had access to.

* Operation Scarlet Spear is almost ready to launch, will probably be next week but the work-from-home transition may have an effect if problems crop up.

** Scarlet Spear hq is a new type of relay in orbit around Earth, shared Tenno ops against the Sentient incursion

** Two mission types: Empyrean raid against a sentient target called a "Murex" and a ground assault against sentient forces on Earth.

** Earth forces send 'kill codes' to Murex forces via Squad lInk, both components necessary.

** Little Duck is the primary NPC on deck, in addition to information she provides vendor items for event specific currency

** Purchaseable items include Arcane Enhancements, cosmetics, new weapons (at least 2), stance formas (like aura formas but for melee stance slot)

** Initially only common arcanes will be available but rare ones will unlock as soon as DE is sure there are no exploit-y ways to farm event rewards

1 hour ago, Basilisk1991 said:

That was specifically in the context of Kuva Liches getting Rad procced, basically it would increase the amount of damage that they would take from other radiation Procced enemies (Who themselves would be dealing bonus damage to allies from their own radiation procs)

So rad procced enemies deal more damage to rad procced enemies?
That sounds like it can be very useful.

47 minutes ago, rstripn said:

** Initially only common arcanes will be available but rare ones will unlock as soon as DE is sure there are no exploit-y ways to farm event rewards

Let's hope they don't see playing the game 8 hours a day is seen as an exploit,
and that it's not as bad a grind as building the railjack, or railjack weapons/engines/parts.

"Command is still being worked on."

Okay DE, but it really needs to be out sooner rather than later. Railjack is already starting to look like a ghost town and it's so time consuming to solo railjack content without command intrinsics unless you happen to have a maxed out railjack already (or at least that 0.5% drop chance void hole) that few will actually have the kind of railjacks they need to have fun in that half of the event.

As it stands I predict tons of squads on the ground mission and a tiny handful of dedicated tenno space pirates in their railjacks.

29 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

So rad procced enemies deal more damage to rad procced enemies?
That sounds like it can be very useful.

One of the goals of the status changes is to make it possible for Status weapons to work against at least some Boss type mobs. They're starting this out with Liches. If Liches could be hit with standard radiation proc that would make them jokes; they'd spend all their attacks on friendly targets. But they didn't want radiation on bosses to be completely inert. So instead they are having Radiation on bosses cause them to take extra damage from friendly units. It's not much, but its better than either of the other options.

"...we are going to be adding all of them as we balance the event... We don't want to put the full store out in case there is an exploit"

So... if we don't know how much those unreleased arcanes will be, then we have no idea how much we need to do the event to get what we want until they are released. So if a player wants to be safe, then they will be grinding like a madman because we won't have any idea how much they will cost. As far as we know, the better arcanes could be substantially more expensive than others. That paired with the fact you guys never done something like this in the past, I am curious why you think this event requires such special attention.

I mean, its not like you guys claimed that you "didn't want to increase the grind" when you decided to do the completely unwanted/unnecessary arcane changes.

Wait... no I got that wrong. You guys DID claim that you "didn't want to increase the grind" when it came to arcanes. Yet this devstream does not seem to back up that claim. This lack of transparency and shady behavior is not making me feel very positive about the whole state of warframe DE. What we truly need is less fixing something that isn't broken or wanted (arcanes, itzal, etc), and more fixing actual issues. Prioritize fixing stuff like railjack and liches, and give us some actual end game content we can sink our teeth into (no... not beginner friendly). Don't go around nerfing things that were never a problem for years then using the DE patented excuse of "it wasn't supposed to work like that".

What you should do in regards to the event is keep the arcanes in the store, but unpurchasable. Make sure that players can see what they will cost and that way players can better plan and not have to panic grind if you release them late into the event at some crazy high cost. With how DE has been acting these past years, I would not put doing something like that past DE unfortunately.

But hey, at the very least you guys got some great model designers! Titania prime looks amazing.

15 minutes ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

"Command is still being worked on."

Okay DE, but it really needs to be out sooner rather than later. Railjack is already starting to look like a ghost town and it's so time consuming to solo railjack content without command intrinsics unless you happen to have a maxed out railjack already (or at least that 0.5% drop chance void hole) that few will actually have the kind of railjacks they need to have fun in that half of the event.

As it stands I predict tons of squads on the ground mission and a tiny handful of dedicated tenno space pirates in their railjacks.

I think we'll be okay. Only players pretty far along will be doing the operation, and only 1 out of every 8 of those needs a decent railjack or even levelled up intrinics. e.g. 4 people on ground squad, 1 person in space squad handling space combat, 2 people in space squad on alien target, and 1 person who can shift between the two without needing high intrinsics.

1 minute ago, m0b1us1 said:

[...]

What you should do in regards to the event is keep the arcanes in the store, but unpurchasable. Make sure that players can see what they will cost and that way players can better plan

[...]

I agree with this. The stuff I commented out makes it less likely that the important part will be paid attention to, which is why I am posting, in hopes it can be highlighted and acted upon.

An 'Archwing follow' mode sounds sketchy. It sounds like the qte-like follow mode in Infinite Warfare or Ace Combat Assault Horizon

Why not just increase archwing speed so they can actually keep up with fighters normally?

I liked what I saw in the devstream. Looking forward to new enemy types and designs.

Also, missions that mingle fodder and boss-type threats are good, which is what Scarlet Spear seems to be. Though as with anything, it has to be played before we know for sure.

But at least from what was seen, it seems to give purpose to both AOE nukers and weapon-buff frames in the same mission, and lets players of both types of frames have something to do. Hope future content keeps going in this direction of adding enemies with new looks, movement patterns, and spawning combinations of these higher threat enemies along with fodder to keep everyone on their toes and minimize those "X is killing everything leaving us with nothing to do" complaints, while also allowing nukers to have their power fantasy

OMG... 10500 points for for a Silver Arcane R5!? And we haven't even SEEN how expensive a Gold or (heaven forbid) a PLATINUM will be? This needs "balance" alright... Rebecca did about 8 minutes of the Event and she got 70 SEVENTY points!? And Steve said "it wasn't to increase grind". #fakenews ...You might as well do Eidolons where, with an average team, you can get 3 in about 20 minutes. And even if you get copies you can always just trade them for the ones you are missing! LOL
Thus, Eidolons afected by status would be amazing! Oberon would shred them (even more), and it would allow me to possibly play them again.

On other issues:
Tennocon getting canceled is a bummer, but it is for all the right reason (and I wasn't gonna go anyway) so, everyone stay safe.
Impact should definitely ragdoll, but ONLY on kill. The drop would fall where you kill them, but the body would just fly away.
The Event definitelly looks ectic. It reminds me of the last part of the 2nd Raid, remember? When some guys were inside Golem doing that insane puzzle, while the others just "chill" outside. This looks the same: teams on Earth just "chiling", while Railjack team have to scramble. I definitelly think the split between Earth/Railjack will be 9/1.
Titania Prime looks TERRIBLE, but Corinth and Pyrana are cool.
Modular Archwings are here just to wreck the LITTLE space flight/fight that was actually working, and then wrapping everything with MORE MR, just to get those "addicted" their fix. And AGAIN, the promise of "this isn't to increase grind". HAHAHA!... Oh DE stop it.

17 hours ago, rstripn said:

I think we'll be okay. Only players pretty far along will be doing the operation, and only 1 out of every 8 of those needs a decent railjack or even levelled up intrinics. e.g. 4 people on ground squad, 1 person in space squad handling space combat, 2 people in space squad on alien target, and 1 person who can shift between the two without needing high intrinsics.

Ehh, it would be a really bad move on DE's part to make an operation that only veterans can have fun with. Community events are best played by the entire community, in order to drive engagement.

The trouble here is that until recently railjack costs were such that only very dedicated vets had jacks at all, and even now only dedicated ones have enough intrinsics/weapons/experience with the game mode/etc to not be a burden in the railjack stage, on account of how bad starter railjacks are, and how dead railjack nodes are, with the lack of command intrinsics making it so that you can't really solo railjack nodes without either a maxed out jack or super time consuming strategies like parking the ship at the edge of the map and slowly grinding enemies down in your amesha. (Unless you're lucky enough to get that SSR void hole drop, in which case you can kill everything in seconds.)

Basically, I predict this event is gonna go poorly because there's simply not enough vets with good railjacks to carry everyone else, even when you only need one vet with good jack to seven other tenno. Releasing command intrinsics earlier could help blunt this by at least letting players try to solo and build up their jacks in preparation. 

I could be wrong though - might be that DE will tune the balance enough that sigma mk1 jacks with minimal intrinsics are competitive enough, though that might end up being silly in practice with supposedly super deadly sentients being vastly easier to kill than mook kosma grineer and veteran tenno turbofarming the event with ease, oneshotting everything left and right.

21 hours ago, rstripn said:

I agree with this. The stuff I commented out makes it less likely that the important part will be paid attention to, which is why I am posting, in hopes it can be highlighted and acted upon.

Unfortunately, as of lately, DE has not been receptive to any criticism unless the vast majority of players thinks its an issue. Otherwise DE will only listen to people who drool over every single little unneeded change and act as if they just won a million dollars.

4 hours ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Ehh, it would be a really bad move on DE's part to make an operation that only veterans can have fun with. Community events are best played by the entire community, in order to drive engagement.

The trouble here is that until recently railjack costs were such that only very dedicated vets had jacks at all, and even now only dedicated ones have enough intrinsics/weapons/experience with the game mode/etc to not be a burden in the railjack stage, on account of how bad starter railjacks are, and how dead railjack nodes are, with the lack of command intrinsics making it so that you can't really solo railjack nodes without either a maxed out jack or super time consuming strategies like parking the ship at the edge of the map and slowly grinding enemies down in your amesha. (Unless you're lucky enough to get that SSR void hole drop, in which case you can kill everything in seconds.)

Basically, I predict this event is gonna go poorly because there's simply not enough vets with good railjacks to carry everyone else, even when you only need one vet with good jack to seven other tenno. Releasing command intrinsics earlier could help blunt this by at least letting players try to solo and build up their jacks in preparation. 

I could be wrong though - might be that DE will tune the balance enough that sigma mk1 jacks with minimal intrinsics are competitive enough, though that might end up being silly in practice with supposedly super deadly sentients being vastly easier to kill than mook kosma grineer and veteran tenno turbofarming the event with ease, oneshotting everything left and right.

To be fair though, the vets and stronger players have been begging for some form of end game for years. Even before eidolons vets were wanting end game content. Then trials were removed and everything since then has been... well easy. The hardest part about everything DE has released since then is having the time to repeat the same mission over and over until you get what you want.

9 hours ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

I admit it could be worse than I think, since I can't dispute anything you say. 

But as one of those vets who has a well geared railjack and all the intrinsics up to 8+, I remember it took a really long time before I had to start using my own ship. I prefer the off-ship stuff so I would join random missions if it was possible even when my stuff was way better. There were a lot of weeks in a row where I was able to join missions in the Void Proxima and be in a decent railjack with full squads of experienced randoms.

Le 14/03/2020 à 23:45, rstripn a dit :

There were a lot of weeks in a row where I was able to join missions in the Void Proxima and be in a decent railjack with full squads of experienced randoms.

Probably on PC. On Switch, I had trouble finding a team one week after launch. 

Regarding the stream, Im quite disappointed there weren't a bit more announcements. I mean, we knew about Scarlet Spear and Titania Prime (who looks great) was a secret to noone. 

Status on Lich is nice, but Liches are still a chore to farm murmur for. My latest one has the bramma, and I want the bramma, but I don't want to force myself to play something I don't like for hours just to get a fun new toy. So it's just been sitting there on Uranus, for two or three weeks now. 

6 hours ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

Probably on PC. On Switch, I had trouble finding a team one week after launch. 

Regarding the stream, Im quite disappointed there weren't a bit more announcements. I mean, we knew about Scarlet Spear and Titania Prime (who looks great) was a secret to noone. 

Status on Lich is nice, but Liches are still a chore to farm murmur for. My latest one has the bramma, and I want the bramma, but I don't want to force myself to play something I don't like for hours just to get a fun new toy. So it's just been sitting there on Uranus, for two or three weeks now. 

Point made. I can easily imagine the event going not as well on consoles, between the lower population and the relative delay of railjack hotfix releases.

Regarding lich hunting, at least on PC it is definitely faster now that lich stabs grant murmurs to squadmates. At most times I can find random public groups pretty frequently. But again, no idea how that translates to console.

The way I find murmur hunting tolerable is to choose nodes that give me additional bonuses beyond murmurs. Certain mission types (e.g. survival) to level weapons, certain other mission types (e.g. spy) for particular rewards, rescues for specter blueprints, particular planets for resources im low on, etc etc.

Archived