Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no one plays Octavia despite being very strong?

-Vahagn-

so I don't like her look at all but that out of the quisten, why people say she is boring because she has 4 powers all of wich are durration based so you can just press 4 buttons get your invisibleity and don't give a f*k about anything anymore, wich is kinda worse than saryn press 1 wait a bit press 4 and mesa press 3 ifyou see more than 2 enemies press 4

On 2020-04-01 at 8:51 AM, Sloan441 said:

A good bard could be quite an asset. A bad bard was worse than useless. 

Sounds a bit like Limbo, no? 

They were a very busy class to play. Some enjoyed it, most did not. The class attracted certain types of player. Again, some were an asset, some were inclined to bad behavior (there was a fair degree of this in EQ). The training of mobs onto unsuspecting players was one such example of bad behavior (full disclosure: I played a shadowknight, which also had a certain reputation in the game--it's also why this sort of thing didn't really bother me, since the SK had several 'get out of jail free' cards to play if griefed). 

I just used a fairly complex auto-it script towards the end if I was twisting 4 songs.  Got rid of 99.9% of latency issues.   Also allowed me to take over quite a few of the logistics tasks in raids since I sorta could check out of that function.  In the end though...bards were useful to others more than they were to themselves but usually got the short end of the lootstick.

On 2020-03-31 at 9:59 AM, Aesthier said:

I didn't care to much for EQ bards as they always seemed to find where I was trying to hide while I was resting and train the entire zone's worth of mobs over me.

I will freely admit however that If I had made a bard I probably would have enjoyed doing the same.

Ever hear of Fansy The Famous Bard?

Look it up sometime its a giggle to read if you have some time to waste.

Train to zone!!!

tl;dr; In Warframe beeing very good at everything is not enough.

- Good buffs: yes but refreshing them, espcially the invisibility is boring. I'd rather have rhino's roar 🙂 (I. hate playing rhino)

- Scalling damage, yes but the dps resets constantly and it doesn't do amazing against armor at all

- Protect objectives, pretty strong at protecting objectives yes but it requires a lot of monitoring

So yes Octavia does everything and pretty convincingly. I think it is probably the most potent jack of all trade 0 forma frame.However I don't place her in the pinnacle of what you want to bring. Actually I almost never play her.

Edited by Galuf

6 minutes ago, Galuf said:

tl;dr; In Warframe beeing very good at everything is not enough.

Actually  even if she can be good at everything, she has no instant nuking and her damage from spells is extremly lowered by armor. Octavia prime is not that far away anymore, she will probably see more plays. I think I'm not the only one who never formaed her and she requires few formas to be somehow competitive.

Atm she is in a kind of spot where yes she buffs but not that much, yes she has AoE clear but not that insane against higher level foes because the dps resets regularily and yes she can also be invisible melee wich is pretty strong but not that stellar either  as survival is not an issue and melee weapons destroy already everything.

Yea...you have no idea what you're talking about lol. 

Buffs not that much? How is a 600% weapon buff not enough?

As far as nuking? Every frame cant be a one hit nuke. If you would like to kill something.....try incorporating....i don't know....maybe a weapon....I heard theres even 3 of them....Primary, secondary, and melee.

Main reason why I do not play Octavia, is because SHE IS BORING!

Throw your abilities and then play sit emote, AFK simulator achieved.

On top of that, the mandachord, originally meant to add some nice fun to the game by playing your own songs, or making a cover of a song you like, to play during missions, ultimately failed that very purpose. The result? Keyboard heroes pressing the crouch key while their mandachord has A SINGLE NOTE PLAYING, THROUGH THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE ABILITY, AND IT CAN BE REFRESHED.

I know we can mute the sound of other players mandachord, but still, Octavia gameplay is the very opposite of what Warframe is: Fast pace. So, while strong, why would i wanna play a frame that all it does is sit in the middle of the room, and let the game play itself, when i can achieve the same results, with another more interactive frame and not die of boredom or fall asleep in the middle of the mission?

• Like 1

il y a 28 minutes, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu a dit :

Buffs not that much? How is a 600% weapon buff not enough?

It's 600% base damage on your weapons with a 300% power strengh build assuming you stand on your amp and the effect is maxed, yes it is attainable but it is a pretty big toll on a build: requires blind rages, umbral intensify, transient fortitude wich is huge drain with minus duration(wich sux on her) and minus efficiency(wich is manageable as she isn't a spam frame). With that 300% str if you shoot around you get also 90% multishot. Yes it's strong but the uptime isn't there and it make no sense. With a 300% power build rhino gives 150% more damage to EVERYTHING he buffs. For ranged weapons keep in mind that with a simple serration build you have already 265% base damage, it is not at all damage x7 overall, it is pretty substential certainly but be honest, does it make a difference for you? When I play her I'm almost never sitting on an amp.

On nuking NO it is not true, frames are not equals at all and atm it makes a huge difference because when you are doing kuva liches missions, the ability to destroy in 1 or 2 buttons goonies in 60m radius is the name of the game if you don't wanna spend 1 hour or more killing a lich... Actually there are very few frame who can do that extremly fast as liches level up.

Edited by Galuf

9 minutes ago, Galuf said:

It's 600% base damage on your weapons with a 300% power strengh build assuming you stand on your amp and the effect is maxed, yes it is attainable but it is a pretty big toll on a build: requires blind rages, umbral intensify, transient fortitude wich is huge drain with minus duration(wich sux on her) and minus efficiency(wich is manageable as she isn't a spam frame). With that 300% str if you shoot around you get also 90% multishot. Yes it's strong but the uptime isn't there and it make no sense. With a 300% power build rhino gives 150% more damage to EVERYTHING he buffs. For ranged weapons keep in mind that with a simple serration build you have already 265% base damage, it is not at all damage x7 overall, it is pretty substential certainly but nothing that doesn't exist elswhere(vex armor for example) and in the meantime Octavio's buffs are the least practical as well, stand there or constantly retrigger them. Man, even the elemental augments are better damage buffs overall assuming you use proper elements ^^...

On nuking NO it is not true, frames are not equals at all and atm it makes a huge difference because when you are doing kuva liches missions, the ability to destroy in 1 or 2 buttons goonies in 60m radius is the name of the game if you don't wanna spend 1 hour or more killing a lich...

1. You shouldn't expect 1 frame to be a "one hit, one buff" machine. I'm not sure if you're new to playing games, but the whole point is to use your imagination and plan out some synergy with another frame/player, or even your own skill/playstyle to overcome a challenge.

Now, if you had rhino and octavia in a group together, that would be pretty strong, wouldn't it? And surprise, you even have 2 more slots in your group to add another buffer. Nuts.

2. "The uptime isn't there and it makes no sense".

No one said you need 300 power strength. My build has 200 duration and 200 strength. Is 40+ seconds not enough uptime for you? Did you know Rhino has timers on his buffs as well? 

3. Do you only play rhino? Do you only play with rhinos in your group for their buff? Did you know there are other ways to kill a Kuva lich other than a nuke frame or rhino buff? If your lich is taking too long to kill, maybe you could post your build so we can help you with it lol.

• Like 1

as someone who makes music, i was pretty excited to get octavia. unfortunately i absolutely HATE the extremely limited choice we have for sounds to use....and its pretty annoying that most of it is locked behind a pay wall. the step sequencer is (somewhat understandably) just about as basic as it can get without being completely unusable, and in practice...well lets just say making a decent piece of music would be detrimental to actually playing the game. to be effective, youre kinda stuck using basic 4 on the floor oontz oontz oontz, if you dont, timing anything will be difficult for you and next to impossible for squad mates....which brings me to....im also not that fond of the whole "move in time" to get buffs mechanic...shes a music frame, not a dancing frame.

i really like the idea...i think it would have worked better if there was more involvement with the actual music, have the music itself mean something rather than making you "dance" to it. the mechanics get in the way of, instead of enhance, the game play. sure...shes powerful, but...unfortunately....not very fun.

Edited by cha0sWyrM
typo

il y a 52 minutes, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu a dit :

1. You shouldn't expect 1 frame to be a "one hit, one buff" machine. I'm not sure if you're new to playing games, but the whole point is to use your imagination and plan out some synergy with another frame/player, or even your own skill/playstyle to overcome a challenge.

Now, if you had rhino and octavia in a group together, that would be pretty strong, wouldn't it? And surprise, you even have 2 more slots in your group to add another buffer. Nuts.

2. "The uptime isn't there and it makes no sense".

No one said you need 300 power strength. My build has 200 duration and 200 strength. Is 40+ seconds not enough uptime for you? Did you know Rhino has timers on his buffs as well? 

3. Do you only play rhino? Do you only play with rhinos in your group for their buff? Did you know there are other ways to kill a Kuva lich other than a nuke frame or rhino buff? If your lich is taking too long to kill, maybe you could post your build so we can help you with it lol.

3) I basically never play Rhino but with 200% duration/200%str it's 1mn double damage on everything(even spells) and as long as people are in range during the cast it's done.

1) The only organised content in Warframe atm is Eidolons speedrunning and it even can be speedrunned solo(wich is taxing), the game is so powercreeped that it is handled by a self buffed player, Octavio is not meta at all but was rarely used in the early days by some clan compositions to push damage.

2) With 200% strengh the maximum added damage  to weapon is 400% + 60% multishot wich varies from huge damage buff to badly modded primaries to a bit less than double damage for min maxed weapons. The uptime is not the issue for her buffs, it is their consistency, her 3 gives the ability to obtain buffs that need to be stacked and refreshed and her 4 damage buff has to ramp up and can ramp down as well 🙂.

3bis) The issue is not killing the kuva liches, there are few things in different slots that one tap them even at level 5. The issue is to kill stuff while progressing missions, because if stuff die thralls spawn. 95% of kuva lich farming is not sucking at making them spawn. Octavia is pretty poor at that, almost Loki territory to be honest. I think that Ash legitly farms kuva liches better than Octavia does. (and for the record my best lich farmer is Gara, wich I use almost exclusively there, because she survives without survivability mods and doesn't need tankyness arcanes, kills with emphasis on range mods and has room for flex mods: parkour mod and natural talent atm but it would change if content evolves)

Edited by Galuf