Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I prefer male Warframes!

When I admit to preferring male Warframes, I get moaned at about ignoring the big fact that female Warframes have the more crucial abilities. 

I'll also admit something here for 'conflict of interest' reasons; I'm gay. 

I understand the geography very well, I just don't want to visit. Despite this, I like to think I understand the concept of beauty and purpose and I definitely think that one can compliment the other, so let me define things a bit.

I don't like Ember's accentuated chicken drumstick legs. Her Mohican 'hairstyle' rocks, but everything below seems to let her down. It would be great to be able to choose a more sensible skin. As for others, I enjoy Mesa's concept as a musketeer or buccaneer worthy of Limbo and Hydroid's company. I don't like having female ass (Wisp and others) taking up most of my screen, however, so I don't have them. I did get Ivara to explore the archery concept but found her too fiddly as a play style. Equinox's aesthetics when monochrome black and white represent, to me, Tai Chi characteristics quite nicely. I would like to see a more masculine version of her some day, perhaps?

I much prefer Hydroid Prime's aesthetic, Limbo Prime's noble mannerisms and Atlas's athletics. Vauban... with the mecha steampunk skin with matching heavy blade... that's really cool, too but not much 'sex appeal' there. Harrow and Revenant and Nekros fulfill my 'supervillain' tastes quite nicely, with plenty of ... what... patriarch(?) DNA and provenance mixing in with the story there, too.

Gauss seems to be too confused between Jack Flash and Transformers' Bumblebee for my tastes, but I can see how he might be appealling. He needs more helmet choices.

I like Frost but the weird leg armour gets in the way of styling options for attachments sometimes, in a similar way to Ember's.

I'm amazed there's no hovering Superman-esque concept there, or Green Lantern perhaps. I don't think DE want DC's tap on the shoulder though.

I hope this topic isn't too awkward, definitely not trying to be sexist - at least not as a chauvinist pig anyway. 

• Like 4

Well, I wouldn't call what you said sexist in any way. What you said is very true, a lot of warfame designs can be exceedingly hideous. It's all down to preference anyways. Simpler more human shaped warframes are always going to fair better to criticism unless its mag.

I tend to prefer female frames because I tend to like their themes more.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277
  • Like 3

And I prefer females Frames.

Not because I'm a lonely, desperate, introvert, shut-in otaku male with the flirting skills of a lego brick, but because I prefer the way they look. They're more... how to say it... elegent? Good-looking, maybe? Heck, I just prefer looking at, say, Saryn or Wisp than Excal or Rhino, but I use all of them whenever I see fit.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

And I prefer females Frames.

Not because I'm a lonely, desperate, introvert, shut-in otaku male with the flirting skills of a lego brick, but because I prefer the way they look. They're more... how to say it... elegent? Good-looking, maybe? Heck, I just prefer looking at, say, Saryn or Wisp than Excal or Rhino, but I use all of them whenever I see fit.

What exactly is the flirting skills of a lego? Asking people to step on you? 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Ah. My second thought was that it would be considered childish. So I guess I was wrong in both accounts. 

Well, many people think lego is for kids.

I mean, it is, but it's also for adults. It's not like you're forbidden from enjoying playing with lego just because you're a few years older.

And I can be childish.

Edited by o0Despair0o
typo

1 hour ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

When I admit to preferring male Warframes, I get moaned at about ignoring the big fact that female Warframes have the more crucial abilities. 

I'll also admit something here for 'conflict of interest' reasons; I'm gay. 

I understand the geography very well, I just don't want to visit. Despite this, I like to think I understand the concept of beauty and purpose and I definitely think that one can compliment the other, so let me define things a bit.

I don't like Ember's accentuated chicken drumstick legs. Her Mohican 'hairstyle' rocks, but everything below seems to let her down. It would be great to be able to choose a more sensible skin. As for others, I enjoy Mesa's concept as a musketeer or buccaneer worthy of Limbo and Hydroid's company. I don't like having female ass (Wisp and others) taking up most of my screen, however, so I don't have them. I did get Ivara to explore the archery concept but found her too fiddly as a play style. Equinox's aesthetics when monochrome black and white represent, to me, Tai Chi characteristics quite nicely. I would like to see a more masculine version of her some day, perhaps?

I much prefer Hydroid Prime's aesthetic, Limbo Prime's noble mannerisms and Atlas's athletics. Vauban... with the mecha steampunk skin with matching heavy blade... that's really cool, too but not much 'sex appeal' there. Harrow and Revenant and Nekros fulfill my 'supervillain' tastes quite nicely, with plenty of ... what... patriarch(?) DNA and provenance mixing in with the story there, too.

Gauss seems to be too confused between Jack Flash and Transformers' Bumblebee for my tastes, but I can see how he might be appealling. He needs more helmet choices.

I like Frost but the weird leg armour gets in the way of styling options for attachments sometimes, in a similar way to Ember's.

I'm amazed there's no hovering Superman-esque concept there, or Green Lantern perhaps. I don't think DE want DC's tap on the shoulder though.

I hope this topic isn't too awkward, definitely not trying to be sexist - at least not as a chauvinist pig anyway. 

This actually sums up what i keep saying myself. We get hildryn (f) who is super muscle but then the games only fat frame grendel (m)

Almost Universally all the male frames are conservatively "dressed" while females are skimpy and in your face.

Where are the male frames who are designed purely for sex appeal?

Closest i got is Ash Kogake Deluxe Skin

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 2

what i really dislike is when they put out a frame and everyone yells "FLAT!" and then they give the female frame butt and boob buffs. I'm not gay, nor am i female, but i still dislike changing proportions to satisfy sexual desires in a video game that is primarily about killing things. 

• Like 4