Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old melee systeme please

(PSN)CSFMA31

3 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Yeah man I know that... with my octavia I did 7 hrs mot and left because I was bored af... endurance suppose to be challenging and with some action. But with her i could take my lunch, go piss and talk with my wife. Do u realize how boring is this?

That's crazy dude! I mean, its not like using a top tier warframe that can cheese almost any situation would make the game boring!

Aside from that, this melee system is way better than the old one. If you really just want scaling anything, use Revenant or Garuda.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

That's crazy dude! I mean, its not like using a top tier warframe that can cheese almost any situation would make the game boring!

Aside from that, this melee system is way better than the old one. If you really just want scaling anything, use Revenant or Garuda.

Bro believe me it’s boring af stay long hours just casting abilities.

i don’t get the revenant and Garuda idea.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Bro believe me it’s boring af stay long hours just casting abilities.

i don’t get the revenant and Garuda idea.

Revenant has an infinite scaling ability called reave, which can deal up to 100% true damage to an enemies health bar, = infinite scaling. For garuda, lots of people say she has one, I don't use her so you'll have to find it yourself.

1 hour ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

Revenant has an infinite scaling ability called reave, which can deal up to 100% true damage to an enemies health bar, = infinite scaling. For garuda, lots of people say she has one, I don't use her so you'll have to find it yourself.

Oh ok but with rev u’ll die after 3hrs when your 2nd end it and u didn’t see it. And Garuda can’t survive after 2hrs no matter what you try.
PS: I have 100% of my non mega frames builder for mot survival.... then I go there for test and stay as long as possible (til first death) then I clipped, watch make some corrections and do it again to see how far that framecan survive.

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

34 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Oh ok but with rev u’ll die after 3hrs when your 2nd end it and u didn’t see it. And Garuda can’t survive after 2hrs no matter what you try.
PS: I have 100% of my non mega frames builder for mot survival.... then I go there for test and stay as long as possible (til first death) then I clipped, watch make some corrections and do it again to see how far that framecan survive.

You'll die with any frame if you don't look at your DR running out.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

You'll die with any frame if you don't look at your DR running out.

Agreed but rev has energy problems after like 2hrs then u’ll if u try to wait for HA.... pizzas? Ok can resolve but in 1 hr u’ll use every 46 seconds which make the run too expensive. Try it and you will see it

but ok we’re changing the topic a bit... my point isn’t the frame. But it’s impossible to kill after lvl500 for example and b4 was possible to kill 10.599

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

7 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Agreed but rev has energy problems after like 2hrs then u’ll if u try to wait for HA.... pizzas? Ok can resolve but in 1 hr u’ll use every 46 seconds which make the run too expensive. Try it and you will see it

but ok we’re changing the topic a bit... my point isn’t the frame. But it’s impossible to kill after lvl500 for example and b4 was possible to kill 10.599

For one, if you run out of energy, then that's your fault. You only need use enthrall once in higher levels and it will always work on enemy types with no nullifer, use zenurik for energy, mesmer should not cost much considering it is a 50 energy ability and reave shouldn't either. For two, you can definitley still kill past 500 with equinox and melee stealth multipliers.

Edited by (XB1)LordZonut

1 hour ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

For one, if you run out of energy, then that's your fault. You only need use enthrall once in higher levels and it will always work on enemy types with no nullifer, use zenurik for energy, mesmer should not cost much considering it is a 50 energy ability and reave shouldn't either. For two, you can definitley still kill past 500 with equinox and melee stealth multipliers.

Ok let’s organize... revenant it’s out of topic since its a common sense melee doesn’t kill above 500 anymore... but let’s talk about sleepquinox and those changes... when was the last time you saw a big record at the leaderboards? Second... try to do it and u will see what I’m talking about sleepquinox or whatever you try you unable to do it.

it’s not about being more or less skillful it’s about what they said “we don’t want ppl doing it”, personally was fun b4... but this is personally... I keep trying to do til I find a realistic way. When I have enough patience ofc

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

7 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

The only thing that really needs to change back is getting rid of having to hold the weapon swap key to enable melee and just treat melee as having a weapon equipped rather than something that needs to be constantly toggled. Holding the key down is an annoyance, and as a client using ranged exalted disables melee use each time, requiring holding the key down each time, hacking grineer consoles disables melee requiring holding it again, railjack in and out of ships disables it, etc. It also makes swapping back to a primary and back to melee slower too, especially considering it prioritizes swapping to secondary (if equipped) and then you hold the key to switch back to melee.

The other thing, which has nothing to do with the old system, is getting rid of the constant white flashing some weapons do and heavy attacks, it gets annoying late at night, especially with higher attack speeds. 

I agree i didn't like holding the melee button to pull it out before.  Then it got changed so we could access combos without holding a button.  Then it got tweaked again and we are back to having to hold our button to do combos. Well still having some of thr previous changes.

2 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Ok let’s organize... revenant it’s out of topic since its a common sense melee doesn’t kill above 500 anymore... but let’s talk about sleepquinox and those changes... when was the last time you saw a big record at the leaderboards? Second... try to do it and u will see what I’m talking about sleepquinox or whatever you try you unable to do it.

it’s not about being more or less skillful it’s about what they said “we don’t want ppl doing it”, personally was fun b4... but this is personally... I keep trying to do til I find a realistic way. When I have enough patience ofc

I don't have equinox, I can't show you. I don't have all the endgame mods, I'm like MR 15. But there are certainly frames that can definitely scale to 500. Nidus can get there, certain team setups definitely can.

If you want challenge, then bring 3 people with the same mindset, and make a team based on going to lvl 500 with only melee, it's probably possible with a combo of equinox (stealth damage) chroma (vex armor) volt (electric damage buff plus speed for faster melee) and mag (armor strip) with a melee choice weapon (meta weapon obviously with CO and crit) for a team effort on grineer enemies, you can probably reach 500's if solo nidus can. If you don't have a team to do so, then your complaint makes no sense as a majority of people want this melee system and not the old one, or don't want to just play survival for some absurd time.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

I don't have equinox, I can't show you. I don't have all the endgame mods, I'm like MR 15. But there are certainly frames that can definitely scale to 500. Nidus can get there, certain team setups definitely can.

If you want challenge, then bring 3 people with the same mindset, and make a team based on going to lvl 500 with only melee, it's probably possible with a combo of equinox (stealth damage) chroma (vex armor) volt (electric damage buff plus speed for faster melee) and mag (armor strip) with a melee choice weapon (meta weapon obviously with CO and crit) for a team effort on grineer enemies, you can probably reach 500's if solo nidus can. If you don't have a team to do so, then your complaint makes no sense as a majority of people want this melee system and not the old one, or don't want to just play survival for some absurd time.

Bro with a friend and most of non meta frame we usually do once a week in arb... in a group with ppl knowing what and how to do the task it’s even easier. But then we start another dilema we have less and less ppl like that cause they burn out due to excessive grind. 
Keep looking at the leaderboards and you will see what I’m talking. We have same situation across all platforms. 
nidus I recently did 3,5 hrs mot but I left when lost all my stacks in like no time.

There’s a difference between “maybe/can” be possible and actually do it. Try once when you get there... for example I saw a guy doing 24hrs mot as octavia, I saw the record but then I heard he was abusing of pause system (and get banned), I always play as “inv only” and “/dnd” but since then I’ve been trying to do it because it’s possible. I just gave up after those changes cuz you can use a frame to extend more 1 or 2 hrs after that there’s no way to keep going (ofc octavia as any exception).

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

I agree i didn't like holding the melee button to pull it out before.  Then it got changed so we could access combos without holding a button.  Then it got tweaked again and we are back to having to hold our button to do combos. Well still having some of thr previous changes.

You still have access to all the combos from the 'quick' melee. It basically behaves like 2.99 still.

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

You still have access to all the combos from the 'quick' melee. It basically behaves like 2.99 still.

Im not seeing that if i hold the melee button presently i suddenly gain at least 2 additional combos i cant do otherwise.

Until i hold the meele button i can only do standing quick melee. Slide/jump melee and l2 and melee button and charged heavy attack. 

Its not as clunky as before but i preferred never having to hold the melee button to lock into full melee use.

I tend to use abilities and guns more then spamming melee though.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

The old melee system was kind of...

Well, I don't know if you enjoyed not-pausing at the right time in the middle of your button-mashing, not doing that really cool combo move that you wanted to do.

I think I never experienced because I never used “pause” 

im not saying isn’t fun. Like everything else have pros and cons but for me they change one broken thing to another a lil weaker and that’s all. Let’s see when they finally reach the 3.0 if we get something more stable and consistent. I’m hoping they can reach something really fun (broken or not, stable or not). Til there see y’all around :highfive:

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Im not seeing that if i hold the melee button presently i suddenly gain at least 2 additional combos i cant do otherwise.

Until i hold the meele button i can only do standing quick melee. Slide/jump melee and l2 and melee button and charged heavy attack. 

Its not as clunky as before but i preferred ne er having to hold the melee button to lock into full melee use.

agreed for sure.

Just now, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Its not as clunky as before but i preferred ne er having to hold the melee button to lock into full melee use.

You can still do 'block' combos, even though it doesn't block, much as it used to.

Try it with something that has a really distinctive 'gap closer' block+forward combo like Eleventh Storm and its spin.

You can lurk my post history and see that I am super vocal and negative about changes DE has made.  I was super vocal and negative about some of the melee changes.  I still don't agree with several of the changes.

But after the initial tweaks they made to crit mods and the changes to status recently, credit where credit is due, melee is way better than it ever was, even if there are still things I don't like that they changed.  Melee is the strongest thing in the game right now.  I can reliably and quickly take down 170 CHG's with a friggin Ether Sword.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Bro with a friend and most of non meta frame we usually do once a week in arb... in a group with ppl knowing what and how to do the task it’s even easier. But then we start another dilema we have less and less ppl like that cause they burn out due to excessive grind. 
Keep looking at the leaderboards and you will see what I’m talking. We have same situation across all platforms. 
nidus I recently did 3,5 hrs mot but I left when lost all my stacks in like no time.

There’s a difference between “maybe/can” be possible and actually do it. Try once when you get there... for example I saw a guy doing 24hrs mot as octavia, I saw the record but then I heard he was abusing of pause system (and get banned), I always play as “inv only” and “/dnd” but since then I’ve been trying to do it because it’s possible. I just gave up after those changes cuz you can use a frame to extend more 1 or 2 hrs after that there’s no way to keep going (ofc octavia as any exception).

I dont understand what you mean by burn out. I have no idea whats making them lose interest. But my guess is that they don't like doing something for an absurd time. Which is the point. You aren't supposed to be doing an arbitration for 4 hours.

If we're talking pure time (which is what I think when you talk about a guy doing a 24 hour survival with octavia), that guy was using an exploit, obviously he was going to get that banned. Not only that but time in survival is irrelevant to reverting melee changes, and if you really want to go forever, Revenant is still your best bet. There are literal 24 hour runs with him (no exploits). If you aren't good at using him, that's your problem because he's a frame most people who like doing endurance runs use, because his abilities are the best at scaling. Revenant is the way to keep going.

Edited by (XB1)LordZonut

7 hours ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

I dont understand what you mean by burn out. I have no idea whats making them lose interest. But my guess is that they don't like doing something for an absurd time. Which is the point. You aren't supposed to be doing an arbitration for 4 hours.

If we're talking pure time (which is what I think when you talk about a guy doing a 24 hour survival with octavia), that guy was using an exploit, obviously he was going to get that banned. Not only that but time in survival is irrelevant to reverting melee changes, and if you really want to go forever, Revenant is still your best bet. There are literal 24 hour runs with him (no exploits). If you aren't good at using him, that's your problem because he's a frame most people who like doing endurance runs use, because his abilities are the best at scaling. Revenant is the way to keep going.

Bro let’s clarify things.

1- you didn’t play yet this game to understand the burn out.

2- he’s not exploiting he was using the pause system (implemented by the devs for whatever reason)

2.1 - CoD zombies has pause system too and you can use it because it’s a players problem and not a devs problem.

2.2- he spent 3 days to do that 24 hours.

3- when you stop theory and make it (try 2 hrs to start since you never tried) and get back here to bring your realistic opinion (that one based in facts).

Oh and for your information. The enemies on this game scale until 8hrs after that it’s just repetition (same enemies, same directions and same lvls)

u just imagining what I’m talking about. you don’t really know or tried yet... as I said I did a good amount of time with revenant (he’s far from being good at solo endurance) and this is “I know that”, “I tried that” it’s not imagination or others ppl opinion... I do every week a survival with a frame and after 4 years I believe I have enough data.... but if u disagree just go and do it... and I’m ok with it... bu theory belongs to paper til U do it. So prove im wrong doing no arguing without any realistic experience.

One of my friends have 6k hours and the other 8k they guided me in this game. When you have half of that time u will understand before that it’s just theory. I personally don’t care because it’s a game... and every single game it’s made for waste your time.

I’m going to drop this topic until you have actual experience to talk about. See you around :highfive:

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

The new system gave life to many many melee weapons that were...sh1t to put it lightly.
I'll give you an example - fang prime, so bad that it was worse than the normal fang.
Now it's one of the top tier melee.
Everything is usable/stronk now, not just 10-15 top melees out there and zaws are not the be all and end all if you don't consider exodia.

18 hours ago, condimentking said:

The only downside of the new melee system is when u suddenly switched to primary while carrying the suitcase in mobile defense and only realizing it when ur 500m away from it... .

Other than that is good... .

this was true for the old system as well 😄

6 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Bro let’s clarify things.

1- you didn’t play yet this game to understand the burn out.

2- he’s not exploiting he was using the pause system (implemented by the devs for whatever reason)

2.1 - CoD zombies has pause system too and you can use it because it’s a players problem and not a devs problem.

2.2- he spent 3 days to do that 24 hours.

3- when you stop theory and make it (try 2 hrs to start since you never tried) and get back here to bring your realistic opinion (that one based in facts).

Oh and for your information. The enemies on this game scale until 8hrs after that it’s just repetition (same enemies, same directions and same lvls)

u just imagining what I’m talking about. you don’t really know or tried yet... as I said I did a good amount of time with revenant (he’s far from being good at solo endurance) and this is “I know that”, “I tried that” it’s not imagination or others ppl opinion... I do every week a survival with a frame and after 4 years I believe I have enough data.... but if u disagree just go and do it... and I’m ok with it... bu theory belongs to paper til U do it. So prove im wrong doing no arguing without any realistic experience.

One of my friends have 6k hours and the other 8k they guided me in this game. When you have half of that time u will understand before that it’s just theory. I personally don’t care because it’s a game... and every single game it’s made for waste your time.

I’m going to drop this topic until you have actual experience to talk about. See you around :highfive:

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-sprint-mvno-us&sxsrf=ALeKk02sKVUE5erio5V9MK8LT_I8J3UwZA%3A1585760870860&ei=ZsqEXoSFNNuztAbMwqOwCQ&q=youtube+revenant+24+hours+survival&oq=youtube+revenant+24+hours+survival&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQghEKABMgUIIRCgAToECAAQRzoFCCEQqwJQxQ9YxSBgtiJoAHABeACAAfwDiAGtEpIBCTItNC4wLjIuMZgBAKABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#

A 12 hour run with Revenant and squadmates. This guy proves it's obviously possible, but my guess is you'll just be in denial after watching considering how smug you were acting.

Edited by (XB1)LordZonut

On 2020-03-31 at 12:03 PM, Yamazuki said:

The only thing that really needs to change back is getting rid of having to hold the weapon swap key to enable melee and just treat melee as having a weapon equipped rather than something that needs to be constantly toggled. Holding the key down is an annoyance, and as a client using ranged exalted disables melee use each time, requiring holding the key down each time, hacking grineer consoles disables melee requiring holding it again, railjack in and out of ships disables it, etc. It also makes swapping back to a primary and back to melee slower too, especially considering it prioritizes swapping to secondary (if equipped) and then you hold the key to switch back to melee.

can you please explain this? why are you holding a button down? i never do that. it toggles all by itself. if i hit the melee key...it instantly melees...if i then use the fire button...it instantly fires the gun, there isnt even a weapon swap animation...it just fires. i dont have to toggle or hold anything down at all.

the only time i ever need the weapon swap button is if i want to change between primary and secondary weapons....swapping from either primary/secondary to melee and back again is instant and requires nothing other than using the melee attack button or the fire button.

or maybe i just dont understand what youre saying?