The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think the nail is in the coffin?

InsuranceFraud

49 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

whats broken about RJ right now?

There isn’t much bugs in Railjack at the moment, but there was when it was initially released though. Even DE knew well enough that it wasn’t ready but released it anyways, which shouldn’t be happening. With that in mind though, Railjack still has underlying problems regardless of the amount of bugs there is now. Such as, Railjack is its own separate island which doesn’t connect through the overall game of Warframe, as well as there isn’t much mission variety in Railjack.

13 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Somehow, I find that unlikely.

Whether you may dislike Rahetalius or not, he made some brutally honest points in his most recent video. Just saying.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
  • Like 4

"This trend eventually pokes its head for most live service games as the point of the game is to deliver the minimum effort for maximum profitability. Tennocon promised us engaging, deep content and then delivered none of it. A bait-and-switch to create influx of newbies who'd spend money and to retain existing players who would over time spend some to prepare for the big content drop. When it came time to deliver, it definitely was the bare minimum of what the systems should have been. So yeah, DE is following the trend of the rest of the industry and is fully committed to it. I guess they've decided they've reached their ideal size of playerbase. Enough for a good revenue and just under where their overhead is not too high to maintain said playerbase. I'm sure warframe will be around for a few more years but will it ever go back to a respectable state ? That's up to DE."

Why is important to know the truth? Well, now I can realistically adjust my expectations and lower my hopes to normal levels and the real delivery. I don't need to argue, be negative or positive about the subject. I know what to expect from now on and where to put my money and effort. 

I can still enjoy the game but knowing the truth tells me what to expect and what to not expect. Of course doom will not happen but the crude reality shows that we have to adapt, adopt and evolve. However knowing the truth we know where to head next. The game will get better with time, no one denies that, but not at the rate that DE makes us think to expect. We no longer be excited by any hype. We will enjoy realistically what they launch and improve. 

As this man said, It's up to DE. We can carry few more years on this boat or simply pick another one. However when we make decisions, we make them informed, balanced and of course with the right expectations of what DE can really produce. 

This is not being negative. We have to do this exercise more often. It's the exercise of critique and analysis. It is painful, it hurts, it draws players out from 'flantasy flan'. And place them back in a good perspective. 

Now to be honest I had a great ground team farm in Scarlet Spear. I had fun and yes fun happens in this game. But we have to be aware how this boat behaves and how to adjust our expectations such that THREAD LIKE THIS DOESN'T EMERGE SO OFTEN. 

TY for your time. :3

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

We were going somewhere else for second, now we're back to "Yes it is" "No it isn't" until the heat death of the universe.

Then what route you suggest? 

Edit: "I want to hear propositions" 

Edited by Felsagger

I doubt warframe is in an unrecoverable state. Because unlike certain other games that are probably only still alive because of aggressive monetization schemes (not to mention names), Warframe has seven years of very good content in it. That said, I have a hard time defending the latest updates. They've released with tons of bugs, railjack is unintuitive and unimaginative, and has the highest entry cost of any gamemode (solo play at this point seems completely impossible; granted my railjack is basically at rank 0 or however that's measured but my railjack can't even beat the first mission node, nor can I upgrade it without doing those missions). Contrary to the popular opinion around here, I at least like the ground missions in scarlet spear. Yeah, it's a glorified defense mission, but that glorified defense mission forces me to engage with the mission much more than usual, with the condrix usually having a big enough healthbar for you to make a dent in it before it gets nuked by someone else (in pugs anyways). The space missions are boring, and limbo trivializes them, but hey guess what: limbo trivializes any -protect- objective. 

I think DE would get a lot of traction by revisiting old content. Maybe focus on a specific kind of content each nightwave season? Say, a PoE season where you'd get dailies like hijacking a dargyn, and weeklies like completing cetus bounties, mining ores, hunting fish or killing thumpers. And then have a specific kind of enemy, maybe one that spawns in like stalker hunting the plains that is the 'big bad' of the nightwave season. Similar for fortuna. Perhaps one season sees us nightwave rank-up to get murmurs needed to kill a super-lich that drops some variety of swag. And each season might bring a few things to their little niche of gameplay that stick around in addition to the things that are nightwave-specific. Similar to how we got a new derelict bossfight at the end of arlo's season. 

In short, people have been pointing out things that DE has abandoned for, well... about as long as I've been around. Which has been awhile. I think it's time to pick the 'second pass' torch back up, one that DE was doing a pretty good job carrying for awhile, with frame reworks, new physics/texture modeling for warframes(that pbr pass or something? idk), and a full weapon rebalance. They haven't entirely dropped that torch, I think we still have another tileset rework in the pipeline, but a message to DE is, don't be afraid to focus on making your old stuff better.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

How so ? 

They can keep WF around as much as they can. They wouldn't drop major content once WF2 drops, but they could in theory still do some events, update NW every once in a while, release new cosmetics etc.

I mean let's be honest. It is not like we are getting major content updates or frequent additions to the game. At least not in the last 1.5 years or so. I actually at some point, I started thinking that DE was working on another project and that they would reveal it and apologize for all the slacking.

The incentive to start over is because it would be a new game. Potentially a better game that is more fun.

FUN. That was once the reason people used to play games for.

How so? Because of the reasons I mentioned. It is a live service game, people expect those to evolve and not stop in order to pave way for a new one.

And why would it potentially be a better game, or one that is more fun? We are playing DE's vision of their IP, that vision would be the same, just made with a newer engine. They are currently reaching one of the main points of their original vision, which wasnt achievable back then, that is Railjack. Their view on what they want hasnt changed, it has just become more and more reality as time goes by. So chances are high that a WF2 would just be a reset that possibly takes place in a different system and with more of the current modes and frames in it at the start. And if DE were working on another project with the same team working on WF and that was the reason for the delays etc. all my faith in them would die right then and there. I also think you've missed the reason why we havent gotten buttloads of big content releases, 2019 was mostly dedicated to reworks and revamps, we still got content about every 3 months. And no not "content" as in frames, but actual new modes.

Also, why the heck would they make a sequel of the game that is already extremely successful on it's own, even during periods such as these when people say that no one is playing the event and that the game is dying? I mean there are well over 100k concurrent players just on PC. A sequel would not only drive away players, it would also be competing with itself given the nature of F2P.

I for one would never start over and I would also never pick up any products ever again from DE if they were to make a sequel to WF. It would just be a sign for me that they have no clue what the hell they are doing with a live service game. They'd probably snatch the #1 spot from EA on my "do not get involved with" list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevoisvevo said:

And yet we are 18 pages here so I dunno what to make of your statement.

Half of the posts in this are just one person saying "Game is dying/dead" and another responding with "I agree" or "Correct", with no effort to substantiate.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

And yet we are 18 pages here so I dunno what to make of your statement.

We're only at 18 pages because the mods haven't nuked the thread from orbit like it should have been about 8 pages back.

• Like 3

As someone who’s only been playing Warframe a few months but has kept up with these forums and some Warframe content creators on the current state of the game, this is my perspective.

The core of Warframe, which is a space ninja horde shooter power fantasy, is a flawed but extremely fun game with mountains of potential. The problem is that DE seems to have lost sight of what made this game great. Warframe is trying to be a million things at once instead of just being Warframe. It’s fine to have ambition, but DE seems to have ambitions that they can’t pull off.

I hope they figure it out though, they’ve got an incredibly fun game to work with, it shouldn’t be this hard to just listen to what your players want. Put a survey IN THE GAME and not on Twitter. I don’t know, some of this stuff just seems so obvious but they don’t do it 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 6

WF has made it clear, recently, that they do not care whether I enjoy or even play the game.  I am just curious as to whether that goes just for me or for the entire player base.

I feel like we have seen many IP's that find it more important to fulfill their own agenda's rather than cater to the existing fanbase; even at the cost of success/profit.  I feel that WF is going down that path.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Not when said perspectives boil down to "I'm right because I said so".

You are in no position to tell anyone how to behave, think or reason. You are in no position to tell how an argument most be constructed. Know your place. 

If you want to work from an analysis stand point and the scientific method then we go under those rules, other than that, just please shut up. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Maybe uhm... go to the feedback forum if you want to voice an idea for some change, rework or fix?

I visited those pages. There are formal templates for the exposition of the example or the source needed. sadly I don't have a camera to record or a channel to take the data for analysis. Maybe I can start a youtube account and post from my PS4 when such item requires an extensive discussion. Many of these performance issues can be recorded. This makes the evaluation easier and the diagnostic evident. 

But I need some little infrastructure to run those tests. 😄

On 2020-04-08 at 11:03 PM, VitalAmprex said:

Honestly, with the release of scarlet spear in its poor state, the poor reception of pitches, the less than stellar release of railjack... do you think DE could reverse the course of Warframe this year?

What would YOU ask them to do, or what would you do first to fix Warframe.

I agree that warframe revised was a step in the right direction. 

It's plain simple, just keep revising along with a well built feedback instead of a rant (like a partner did to get Ironclad Flight), we don't know what's happening internally but to think that there's a nail in the coffin is just exagerated, it may be an act of faith to think that DE cannot leave things like that all of a sudden because it's obvious they had less profit last year due to advertising investment and updating with the new systems Old Blood/Railjack/Scarlet to attract more people

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

As someone who’s only been playing Warframe a few months but has kept up with these forums and some Warframe content creators on the current state of the game, this is my perspective.

The core of Warframe, which is a space ninja horde shooter power fantasy, is a flawed but extremely fun game with mountains of potential. The problem is that DE seems to have lost sight of what made this game great. Warframe is trying to be a million things at once instead of just being Warframe. It’s fine to have ambition, but DE seems to have ambitions that they can’t pull off.

I hope they figure it out though, they’ve got an incredibly fun game to work with, it shouldn’t be this hard to just listen to what your players want. Put a survey IN THE GAME and not on Twitter. I don’t know, some of this stuff just seems so obvious but they don’t do it 🤷‍♂️.

The jack of all trades, master of none. 

Many of these isles, are complete games on their own. The level of development requires departments of individuals working on those components. For example Empyrean requires a notion of realism and space dynamics. A game that is addressing it is Boundary. However what you said is on point. Warframe needs to be Warframe. Too many ambitions can throw down the project because those components needs a lot of personnel, working hours and a lot of testing hours. 

Diversification happens. At least the game grows trying to cater the vast majority. At least they are getting that right. We have freedom choosing our load out and play style. We even have the choice to make wrong builds. On one spectrum we have a game that provides choices, multi layer game play and lots of options and preferences. On the other hand we see a lot of improvisation on some decisions because the game is TOO BIG to handle. 

Look what is happening with Star Citizen 42. This game is way too ambitious to the point that people are losing faith in the project. However on the other hand the game itself is a universe with what it achieved. It's a tough decision to make. Here we have the example of a 50/50 situation. You can choose to eject or go through the harsh environment finding ways to your own fun. But there is a price to pay like everything else in life. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chronakai said:

It's plain simple, just keep revising along with a well built feedback instead of a rant (like a partner did to get Ironclad Flight), we don't know what's happening internally but to think that there's a nail in the coffin is just exagerated, it may be an act of faith to think that DE cannot leave things like that all of a sudden because it's obvious they had less profit last year due to advertising investment and updating with the new systems Old Blood/Railjack/Scarlet to attract more people

I can wait for Duviri's quest seven months or a year. I would be happy if DE takes one whole year fixing and arranging. We can wait and be patient. However DE most focus on one thing at a time. If they try to make 10 they end up with 20 bugged instances, lol. :3