The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battalyst Laser Attack Needs A Nerf

(XBOX)SanctusRuin

4 hours ago, 844448 said:

I dodge the lasers by either hiding behind something or roll to get under the battalyst. 85% damage reduction from roll helps well enough to preserve your shields from getting depleted instantly and standing below it will make all the lasers unable to hit you, looks dynamic enough for me unless player in question is a potato that doesn't move much with inaros

Unfortunately, DE will probably nerf the enemy soon enough so players can stand still and not care. 

There isn't an enemy in the game that required the player to reposition themselves that wasn't eventually nerfed because people don't like having to adjust to the enemy. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, (XB1)xXSosukeAizenXx said:

In the Scarlet Spear event, once the Battalysts get to a certain level their laser beam attack seems to one shot just about everyone no matter who they are. I am usually Frost for the event and even with all 3 Umbral Mods on him I still seem to die in one or two hits from the laser beam attack which really makes fighting the Battalysts not fun. I shouldn't be dying so quickly when I have over 900 armor, over 900 HP, and Tau resistance from the 3 Umbral mods.

You just got to have better gear and learn do move they nerf so much in this game it's bad because a hand full  hates this or hates that while the rest of is are like this isn't bad just tweak your gameplay 

• Like 1

The only thing I trully hate about Battalyst (because I love how hard is it) is being damaged as Limbo inside the rift. Only Limbo on the rift should get countered by just nullfiers (for now), the battalyst disco ball damage trhough the rift anyway, even if isn't in the rift at the time of the attack, believe me, happened a lot of times, being in operator mode killing the aerolyst (klamora is #*!%ing awesome against them) and then seeing my sentinel #*!%ing dying INSIDE THE RIFT WITH LIMBO, then coming back to the frame to see if I was outside the rift and nah, I was inside. Other times I'm running around with Limbo on the rift and then I'm oneshoted by a ray who is supossed to stay #*!%ing outside the rift. I don't get it at all, sentients doesn't #*!% with abilities (just their adaptation), #*!%ing with the rift plane is another whole level of arbitrary exceptions to the rules or a nasty bug..

Edited by xHeretic

To be a bit brainless

Yes, I'd agree somewhat to the OP about the battalyst conical laser attack where he spins around. This is what I'd suggest

1. Cause the lasers to be blocked by warframe powers, like gara's Mass vitrify, or Frost's Snow globe.

2. Reduce the amount of lasers that are spawned by 33-50%

3. Reduce the rotational speed of the lasers by 50%

All of this is designed to give the player more opportunities to actively dodge the lasers, instead of the battalyst creating a "hazard zone" that you want to avoid.

• Like 2

On 2020-04-12 at 1:00 PM, 844448 said:

I dodge the lasers by either hiding behind something or roll to get under the battalyst. 85% damage reduction from roll helps well enough to preserve your shields from getting depleted instantly and standing below it will make all the lasers unable to hit you, looks dynamic enough for me unless player in question is a potato that doesn't move much with inaros

Try dodging 5 at once when all of them cover each others weakspot and making enough distance to avoid damage would cause them to destory your objective.

Anyway, right now they spam the disco ball way too much and the only reliable way is to cheese the map into a total lockdown or nuke them with mesa.

1 hour ago, Nesodos said:

Try dodging 5 at once when all of them cover each others weakspot and making enough distance to avoid damage would cause them to destory your objective.

Anyway, right now they spam the disco ball way too much and the only reliable way is to cheese the map into a total lockdown or nuke them with mesa.

Tactics. Low range cataclysm for OpLink or banish + stasis on sentients instead of cataclysm + stasis to avoid them hitting the edge too many times and being nearly immune, quick switch to operator form for void mode and quick relocation of your warframe, decent amp, 5 forma paracesis, Excalibur umbra, CC or nuke, your choice.

We don't have this massive power for no reason and 4 tenno can't deal with 5 battalysts quickly? Didn't people say there's no challenge or difficulty in warframe? This should be easy then

• Like 1

On 2020-04-11 at 4:11 PM, (XB1)xXSosukeAizenXx said:

In the Scarlet Spear event, once the Battalysts get to a certain level their laser beam attack seems to one shot just about everyone no matter who they are. I am usually Frost for the event and even with all 3 Umbral Mods on him I still seem to die in one or two hits from the laser beam attack which really makes fighting the Battalysts not fun. I shouldn't be dying so quickly when I have over 900 armor, over 900 HP, and Tau resistance from the 3 Umbral mods.

You need to be able to combat these attacks with a defensive teammate or defensive arcanes etc...

1 hour ago, Travis05 said:

Maybe a nerf is needed. No on scarlet spear but lich missions spawn lv75 sentients. The difference between them and grineer enemies is just ridiculous. They are like a lv3 or 4 lich

You are just a beginning player, there are many ways to kill level 75s-200+ with ease and no deaths by yourself and with a squad.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Tactics. Low range cataclysm for OpLink or banish + stasis on sentients instead of cataclysm + stasis to avoid them hitting the edge too many times and being nearly immune, quick switch to operator form for void mode and quick relocation of your warframe, decent amp, 5 forma paracesis, Excalibur umbra, CC or nuke, your choice.

We don't have this massive power for no reason and 4 tenno can't deal with 5 battalysts quickly? Didn't people say there's no challenge or difficulty in warframe? This should be easy then

Why should I use a specific team setup if I can just burn through them with my mesa? A single good mesa can solo the entire RJ part.
You don't need to get beneath the battalyst at all if you play with meta gear. (like limbo cata for defense + mesa for mapclear)

If an enemy requires either tactics or just one specific meta crutch then why bother with tactics at all?
I doubt DE will shake up the meta again because of just one enemy so why don't they just change that one instead?

16 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Why should I use a specific team setup if I can just burn through them with my mesa? A single good mesa can solo the entire RJ part.
You don't need to get beneath the battalyst at all if you play with meta gear. (like limbo cata for defense + mesa for mapclear)

If an enemy requires either tactics or just one specific meta crutch then why bother with tactics at all?
I doubt DE will shake up the meta again because of just one enemy so why don't they just change that one instead?

How well is your mesa doing the job before the adaptation kicks in at certain health gate, reducing the damage to near nothing?

How well is your limbo cataclysm holding them off before they're hitting the edge and getting stasis over and over again and get near immunity to it?

Also, if you say a single good mesa can solo the entire RJ part and don't need to get beneath the battalyst, why having 5 battalysts with their lasers is a problem enough to make you say it's a problem? Wouldn't having a single good mesa means having 5 battalysts with their laser disco ball attack a trivial thing to you so there's no problem to complain, right?

On 2020-04-11 at 5:07 PM, JackHargreav said:

The only thing that bugs me about the sentients is the almost instant shield deletion. It really sucks.

The floating Firey Ball of death casually floating around Murex ships....like, WTF?  It doesn't take damage (or it does and I don't know how to do it yet).

On 2020-04-11 at 6:02 PM, taiiat said:

if we're talking about the Disco Laser, that attack just doesn't sync well with the visual. avoiding those Lasers is effectively not a thing since you will take Damage when none of the Lasers are actually hitting you, Et Cetera.

Backing up out of range, of hiding behind something blocking line of sight works.   

Personally, as Garuda I Dread Mirror them when I get to 40% and now have my own personal wall to work on other ones.  🙂

Edited by Krenlik

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

How well is your mesa doing the job before the adaptation kicks in at certain health gate, reducing the damage to near nothing?

How well is your limbo cataclysm holding them off before they're hitting the edge and getting stasis over and over again and get near immunity to it?

Also, if you say a single good mesa can solo the entire RJ part and don't need to get beneath the battalyst, why having 5 battalysts with their lasers is a problem enough to make you say it's a problem? Wouldn't having a single good mesa means having 5 battalysts with their laser disco ball attack a trivial thing to you so there's no problem to complain, right?

The adaptation is only a problem after level ~125 for me and my mesa is far from perfect meta.
Its not even built for pure damage output (1 forma on frame 1.2k health, 143% strength, non beneath 100%, no forma on regulators)
A full adaptation cycle at level 110 only drags out the time you need to take them down by ~3 seconds per enemy and they still die relatively fast once you reach full peacemaker focus.
I've had numerous runs where other mesas killed everything in sight before I could even cast pm and target something.

You don't seem (or want)  to understand that those batalysts are still a problem to people that don't run meta gear 24/7 (myself included) because its boring to use the same loadouts for everything.

Thats the problem in WF. Some people complain that its perfectly fine and doesn't need to be adjusted while they only use the meta cheese and then complain that its not challenging enough while other people who don't use the same 10% of the arsenal all the time say we need reasonable balance but get yelled down by meta people because whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Nesodos said:

The adaptation is only a problem after level ~125 for me and my mesa is far from perfect meta.
Its not even built for pure damage output (1 forma on frame 1.2k health, 143% strength, non beneath 100%, no forma on regulators)
A full adaptation cycle at level 110 only drags out the time you need to take them down by ~3 seconds per enemy and they still die relatively fast once you reach full peacemaker focus.
I've had numerous runs where other mesas killed everything in sight before I could even cast pm and target something.

You don't seem (or want)  to understand that those batalysts are still a problem to people that don't run meta gear 24/7 (myself included) because its boring to use the same loadouts for everything.

Thats the problem in WF. Some people complain that its perfectly fine and doesn't need to be adjusted while they only use the meta cheese and then complain that its not challenging enough while other people who don't use the same 10% of the arsenal all the time say we need reasonable balance but get yelled down by meta people because whatever reason.

I don't even use those what people call as meta, only nezha and whatever random weapon I want with element and doing fine enough with those, just with combining my abilities, weapons and fast maneuver to make sure they're not hitting me too much.

And look at how they work, if getting under them doesn't work, shoot them from above like what vegetosayajin does. Is repositioning too much to do?

19 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I don't even use those what people call as meta, only nezha and whatever random weapon I want with element and doing fine enough with those, just with combining my abilities, weapons and fast maneuver to make sure they're not hitting me too much.

And look at how they work, if getting under them doesn't work, shoot them from above like what vegetosayajin does. Is repositioning too much to do?

Seems that the point is still flying far over your head...
Tell me what you call random weapons and what level those sentients are then.
Point is that continuous repositioning is not possible (or desirable) with many frames and might drag the team down if the player isn't skilled enough to keep up their damage and abilities.

The single batalysts are not "hard" on their own because you either avoid the laser from the start or die instantly from their invisible aoe once you reach higher levels.
They get broken once a bunch of them spawns and turns half of the map into a deathzone because they are scaled for small group encounters.
(like the "few" RJ enemies that hit like a truck in the veil but still get thrown at your team in droves)

Anyway, nezha is a good pick because of his halo for 90% damage reduction + heat is strong against sentients.
He's actually quite tanky if you build him right and can solo most endgame content.

10 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Seems that the point is still flying far over your head...
Tell me what you call random weapons and what level those sentients are then.
Point is that continuous repositioning is not possible (or desirable) with many frames and might drag the team down if the player isn't skilled enough to keep up their damage and abilities.

The single batalysts are not "hard" on their own because you either avoid the laser from the start or die instantly from their invisible aoe once you reach higher levels.
They get broken once a bunch of them spawns and turns half of the map into a deathzone because they are scaled for small group encounters.
(like the "few" RJ enemies that hit like a truck in the veil but still get thrown at your team in droves)

Anyway, nezha is a good pick because of his halo for 90% damage reduction + heat is strong against sentients.
He's actually quite tanky if you build him right and can solo most endgame content.

Is the point flying over my head, or you don't want to accept my point? I just grab whatever I feel want to use, stradavar, battacor, kuva chakkhurr, I use whatever I think can do well and they're at level 100+ sentients

Maybe accept that at level 100 sentients are what you should see as the biggest thread and where your agility, ability knowledge and gunplay come to test. Constant repositioning is not possible? You have shield gating that makes you invulnerable for a second and that's enough to at least move yourself away from harm and repositioning doesn't drag the team down that much compared to getting downed

Mesa is DR + regulator aim bot, what else that makes you unable to take a hit or two and blast them to oblivion? I'm sure you can do it, no need to make them easier because I know it will be followed with "Warframe is too easy" or "there's no challenge" again so no need for nerf

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Is the point flying over my head, or you don't want to accept my point? I just grab whatever I feel want to use, stradavar, battacor, kuva chakkhurr, I use whatever I think can do well and they're at level 100+ sentients

Maybe accept that at level 100 sentients are what you should see as the biggest thread and where your agility, ability knowledge and gunplay come to test. Constant repositioning is not possible? You have shield gating that makes you invulnerable for a second and that's enough to at least move yourself away from harm and repositioning doesn't drag the team down that much compared to getting downed

Mesa is DR + regulator aim bot, what else that makes you unable to take a hit or two and blast them to oblivion? I'm sure you can do it, no need to make them easier because I know it will be followed with "Warframe is too easy" or "there's no challenge" again so no need for nerf

Lol, your random weapons all belong to the high end of the power spectrum (normal stradavar might be lacking a bit). Battacor actually shreds if you use a hybrid build.

If those sentients are the biggest threat in the system then why are most of them no match to battalysts?
Lore wise, battalysts are normal foot soldiers but they outclass conculysts, aerolysts and symbilysts in damage output and have nearly as many EHP.

Its just like the old grineer seekers that could oneshot most frames and spawned in masses among other enemies. DE also removed their "challenge" because it was just bs.

People will whine regardless what DE does so why can't we make the sentients actually challenging instead of having one unit that gets broken in numbers while the others stay a bulletspongy joke? No other sentient unit requires you to actually zoom around the battlefield or turn into a puddle of blood otherwise.

Here's an idea:
Increase the disco ball cooldown for battalysts, buff the entire faction and limit the sentient spawns to match the "few but stronger enemies" theme (like scott said for RJ enemies)

See? Its not that hard to keep it challenging and get rid of horrible gameplay mechanics at the same time. (at least what most min-maxers call "challenging")

PS: Even with 95% damage reduction from shatter shield you can get oneshot by level 113 battalyst lasers as a mesa with 1.2k health and 600 shields.
Funny though because in scarlet spear I always stay away from the objective so I can kill the enemies but won't get downed like the rest of the team.

• Like 1