Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radical opinion I wanted to share.

MouadSaqui

I think the majority if this community wants Old warframe back, and I mean the core Warframe space ninja theme, it is no longer a small minority you can go read people's posts, So what I'm about to say may be radical for some players, but in the end its my personal opinion, I srsly think DE can't save Railjack from its demise, You can see for yourself how many active squades are playing railjack missions rightnow, and even with an Expansion people will easily move on and get back to what I like to call "Classic warframe", I mean the star chart.... So getting back to my radical point, I srsly think DE should rollback warframe to a previous version where non of the disappointing updates exists, and build from there a strong base foundation, Then Add stuff to it a year or two from now, I know its gonna be hard, I know people will leave.... but in my opinion its a necessary evil DE have to deal with curently, even if it means removing Railjack from the game, bcs now Railjack looks like an intruder to the game, dont get wrong I was an adopter, I grinded to build my Railjack, I played at day 1 and I enjoyed playing it during christmas even with the bugs, but I don't understand why I keep going to a random Lua mission and spend at least 30 min just wondering around appreciating the art and beauty of that tileset..... 

When I started playing this game, I was a Volt main, and I can't believe DE litterally tried to make Volt obsolete with gauss release; I don't understand why there is a trend now of moving away from the Old, I mean... the void, one of the best tiles in the entire game that serves one purpose in current warframe, argon crystals and mods, its sad to see them ignoring it like it doesn't exist, I was very happy when we got a Disruption mission in Lua, and that's by far the best node you can both farm Axi and have fun with the game at the same time; I dunno.... I just wanted to share my feeling about warframe, and I think its not too late, DE can make warframe again, I dont know but steve and the others needs to do something about it and stop ignoring us like we don't exist... I honestly would by the S#&$ out of cosmetics if they only need money just bring back the game to its glory, I hope I didn't offend anyone... Stay safe Tenno !

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

I can't believe DE litterally tried to make Volt obsolete with gauss release

Yes, because poor Volt only has Speed going for him!, (that also doesn't only increases the movement but also melee attack speed and reload speed for all squad in range of buff) Poor Volt doesn't have a shield that blocks attacks and amps shoots going through, poor Volt doesn't have a mass CC-Nuke ability! Gauss totally destroyed poor Volt!

• Like 20

Just now, Diavoros said:

Yes, because poor Volt only has Speed going for him!, (that also doesn't only increases the movement but also melee attack speed and reload speed for all squad in range of buff) Poor Volt doesn't have a shield that blocks attacks and amps shoots going through, poor Volt doesn't have a mass CC-Nuke ability! Gauss totally destroyed poor Volt!

I mean they attempted to drive away players from volt, I dunno it was obvious... the "new speedy waframe in town" Idea

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Railjack can be good if it has the missions to back it up. Missions that properly combine the regular Warframe mission with the Railjack mission.

whats funny is DE already started moving on to other projects and left us with a half railjack "star chart" 

• Like 1

I didn't know copy/pasting the same nonsense other people say is so "radical".

Railjack isn't any less active than the rest of unrewarding star chart missions. Railjack is the same mission copy/pasted, which results in at most 1 node per proxima being active for efficiency sake or specific rewards. This isn't any different to star chart, the only missions you'll reliably find groups for are the nodes that actually reward anything, would anyone do arbitration if it dropped nothing? This is why most nodes are inactive, you only do them to progress and never do them again.

Railjack also has the issue of it being detached from the rest of the game, not upgrading your Railjack isn't punishing, the current event if you do Murex doesn't even require upgrading your Railjack; there's zero forced combat, so all you need is making your ship faster and can ignore defensive/offensive stats, and even then, a group only need 1 Railjack.

Railjack rewards aren't even balanced for Railjack itself, the resources used for re-stocking drops in absurd amounts, and yet, when you do Veil missions the bonus still gives you 1,000 of them, which is pretty much equal to getting nothing. Railjack doesn't offer any progression towards your Warframe, and you can't even get most of the Archwing mods from Railjack either. Unless you want to reach 10/10/10/10 there's no reason to keep doing Railjack after getting stuff for your Railjack, and even then, some of the people that did care "exploited" the system to max them all, and even have extra points for Command, or would know how to gain affinity quickly, or took advantage of the 2x affinity event.

I wouldn't mind doing more Railjack, but I already have Intrinsics maxed, my Railjack already is upgraded, and I already have weapons at 59.9-60%. My biggest issues with Railjack just came down to the game breaking bugs, most were fixed, bad rewards, and I don't think there's enough ground enemies to fight; but I don't see this changing since people say there's too many boarding parties even though it's pretty much impossible to be boarded after a point.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

it is no longer a small minority you can go read people's posts,

Uh yes it is. We are a minority to begin with as forum goes and the disgruntled are always the loudest and most visible. Those that enjoy the game very rarely feel a need to post about just that, while negative people post to vent their frustration alongside posting "normal" threads/posts.

And I think the reason railjack is kinda inactive could be because most people already have everything and that there is also an event going that is so much better when it comes to things like getting intrinsics. You get alot of it and other useful things to for the other part of the game. Railjack just needs more to do, more progress, kinda what the rest of the game already has. It would be great if we could unlock different railjacks or something to make it more similar to frames and archwings. Railjack could also need an incentive to be played in order to advance your "classic" progress. It would have been a great time for them to have introduced arcanes through railjack instead of waiting and introducing them in scarlet spear on a more obtainable scale.

No idea why they didnt think about Zetki, Vidar and Lavan weapons that pretty much dropped just like engines, shields, reactors and cannons. They could have come with their own weapon slot and 60 capacity directly. The slots would not be possible to use for other weapons, so you'd have 9 "house slots" total, 3 from each house to cover primary, secondary and melee. Pennant and Quellor could have been 2 such weapons. Each house would have their own unique primary, secondary and melee, so in total you'd have 9 different weapons.

With the RNG stats that the RJ equipment had it would have been a good path for arpg-like equipment grinding/progress that transfers to use outside of RJ aswell.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Uh yes it is. We are a minority to begin with as forum goes and the disgruntled are always the loudest and most visible. Those that enjoy the game very rarely feel a need to post about just that, while negative people post to vent their frustration alongside posting "normal" threads/posts.

at this point, warframe is like machine that make angry frustrated players who will constantly come post here about their frustration with the game, I respect your opinion but it not a minority, its a constant stream of frustrated players and its never gonna stop, reality is not what you want it to be, it is what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, MouadSaqui said:

at this point, warframe is like machine that make angry frustrated players who will constantly come post here about their frustration with the game, I respect your opinion but it not a minority, its a constant stream of frustrated players and its never gonna stop, reality is not what you want it to be, it is what it is.

Forum goers always act the same, and we are a minority. I mean, we are a fraction of the active playerbase. The total number of forum users equal around 10% of the total registered users in the game. And in that fraction you also have the split between negative and positive players, so the vocal minority is indeed small.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

I mean they attempted to drive away players from volt, I dunno it was obvious... the "new speedy waframe in town" Idea

Gauss was intended to COMPLIMENT Volt, not obsolete him

Gauss, Mag, and Volt are all themes of energy weapons. Mag and Volt represent the weapons themselves, with Volt being the burning energy (Amprex) while Mag is the unseen force that drives projectiles (Lanka). Gauss is another piece to this theme, he IS the projectile that Mag launches

I swear all people associate with volt who don't play him is oh he makes you run faster.  Just shows off their ignorance when they talk about gauss.  

'Majority of players' is often said, however, if the entire warframe playerbase posted on these forums this thread would have multiple pages already and not just this one page.  Forum goers make up a miniscule slice of the entire playerbase.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

whats funny is DE already started moving on to other projects and left us with a half railjack "star chart" 

They also said they have been working on the Corpus stuff for Railjack.

I’m not gonna lie. The entire system needs a lot of work done. But I’m not expecting it all to be completed in a week.

All these naysayers about Railjack. I swear you are like the very same people 7-8 years ago who told DE that Warframe would never amount to anything. If DE had listened then we would've never had this amazing game.

Instead they stuck to their guns, put their money where their mouth is and build an entire gaming company from scratch, literally.

So far the only thing I dislike about RJ is how it's an island rather than it being more mixed with the core warframe experience. Other than that, however? Railjack is pretty sweet and well done as an individual system.

Then "majority"... Wha?... We want stamina bars, even worse AI, coptering, orbiter-less menu screen, ability mods, shady monetization schemes such as the pet slot machine or plat-to-credit packs, etc? Because that's "Warframe Classic". I get people want to vent about the game's current troubles, but romanticizing Warframe's alpha and beta days is definitely not the way to go about it. That's pretty much denying reality by pretending "older is better" without thinking about the bad parts of "old". Warframe has come a long way since then. It's far better and more advanced than ever, despite not being perfect. Which no game is. Or anything in general life, for that matter.

And Volt. What? They couldn't be any more different. I get that Octavia (sound/music frame) also was supposed to make Banshee obsolete? What about Octavia, Limbo, Ivara, Wisp? Are they also supposed to take a dump on Loki as frames with stealth capabilities? How about Nezha and Rhino with Iron Skin? Or Nekros, Hydroid, Khora, Atlas, Ivara as looter frames?

Must I go on, perhaps going even further by saying Skiajati's passive also makes Loki obsolete? So we can't reimagine existing mechanics in new ways? Because as far as I can see all frames play very differently despite having generally similar ideas, because the way they play out tends to be wildly different. It's about the nuances.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

12 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Stop living in the past. If you dont want to play something then dont do it. Play classic warframe if you want. No ones forcing you to queue anything.

This right here is why the game sucks ass rightnow

You don't speak for me.

I'm loving Railjack. The system, progression, the tactics, it's all awesome. I'm not in love with the grind for certain singular resources and the sameness of missions, but I think this a really solid foundation and I'm looking forward to more space battles. And frankly you ain't helping, because if enough people beach and moan about it and DE takes their feedback to heart and stops working on RJ, the people who enjoy it and see its potential are left with yet another half-done gamemode.